Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acion

Established Member
Impact
Hello all, I'd appreciate any guidance.

I have to respond to an offer of $20 for aipoop.com. It's the first time I've had an offer. I'm definitely not taking it but I would appreciate your input. I think it makes most sense to sell it in conjunction with the related aipoops.com. I tend to buy them in groups like that. Any suggestions on how to reply and include the idea of a multiple domain buy? Is that a thing?

I don't have minimum bid set. Is it a good idea to do so? Is that opening bid at $20 because that's how to do it or is that a signal of some form about the buyers intent?

Can I please get some appraisals for these related domains:

aipoop.com <- got the offer, I need to reply
aipoops.com
freepoops.com
freethepoops.com
allpoop.com
allpoops.com
poopsai.com
getpooped.com
tokenpoop.com
tokenpoo.com
cryptopoop.xyz
cryptopoo.xyz
aifarts.com

I sold poochain.com recently for 1225. Please note, these represent a very small number of my domain collection so, yea. ;)

I think the aipoop(s).com domains are worth a good amount. Everybody does it. I wouldn't be surprised at 9-10k+ each on those two but I'm no domain pro yet. I appreciate any insight.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Counter with 2500 or 1500 or 1000 see what he say the buyer
Next time put a minimum offer to your domain on Sedo like 249 or 499
In this way you avoid low balls

Last edited:
•••
What would be the use case for these domains? Poochain.com seems like an exception as there is a meme token blockchain with the same name. Similarly if you owned PooCoin.com you might be able to sell it for around the same and possibly TokenPoo.com although PooToken.com would be better

Otherwise, the rest just seem like childish names with no use case - maybe I'm be wrong?

•••
I don't know what all this means. What does poop have to do with ai or with any other of those domains? If someone indeed paid you $1225 for poochain.com, I surmise that person has way too much money or it was just a childish prank to buy it.

In any case, I can't say I like anything with poop in it, so I will refrain from giving any valuation.

•••
Counter with 2500 or 1500 or 1000 see what he say the buyer
Next time put a minimum offer to your domain on Sedo like 249 or 499
In this way you avoid low balls
Thanks. Adjusted them all to something rational for the moment. Definitely gonna write some code. All these UIs are so verbose. I like a simple cli. And numpy.

•••
What would be the use case for these domains? Poochain.com seems like an exception as there is a meme token blockchain with the same name. Similarly if you owned PooCoin.com you might be able to sell it for around the same and possibly TokenPoo.com although PooToken.com would be better

Otherwise, the rest just seem like childish names with no use case - maybe I'm be wrong?
Thanks! I appreciate the honestly. You may be right. I hope you're not. Here's some ideas. Let me know what you think.

My thinking is that I could likely monetize this enough to return say at minimum 10k over three years with a small but reasonable effort up front and minimal maintenance. Mostly content development. There is no lack of inspiration for these. With a lot of effort I imagine they could be quite comical and enjoyed by many and therefor get a better ROI. My experience on traffic is from doing the lead developer/cto thing over the years. That certainly doesn't translate directly but I think it informs a bit. I could be totally wrong. I'll let you all know how it goes. The domain selling thing is very new to me.

Regarding the use cases, I'm sure there's something. I mean, you do it every day. Toilet paper is advertised constantly. Those cuddly a* wiping bears are everywhere! Perhaps they smell something you don't? I think they are on to something. lol. I jest.

The childish names thing is spot on! Children poop a lot! You should hear our Mom and Dad friends. It's all poop for years. Poop is profitable. And it's funny. Think about it. You remember Bubba from Bubba Gump Shrimp. He could have just as easily swapped shrimp with poo and it would all apply. Try it. You got popcorn... ;) That's a wide open, 3-ply, diamond quilted canvas of childish, goofy fun with ads.

Any sparks on the old nerd tickle? This is off the top of my head. I do have other projects to think about. Any changes to your outlook? I really do appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

•••
I don't know what all this means. What does poop have to do with ai or with any other of those domains? If someone indeed paid you $1225 for poochain.com, I surmise that person has way too much money or it was just a childish prank to buy it.

In any case, I can't say I like anything with poop in it, so I will refrain from giving any valuation.
You don't know me.

I take umbrage with your insinuation about "indeed paid you" like I'm lying and "must be a prank". I'm glad you felt comfortable refraining from a valuation of the domains but found it appropriate to place a valuation on me. How about actually refrain next time considering you "don't know what all this means." Or, if you must, say something nice. You might like it. That was disrespectful of you.

You can do your own research about coins and such.

Last edited:
•••
You don't know me.

I take umbrage with your insinuation about "indeed paid you" like I'm lying and "must be a prank". I'm glad you felt comfortable refraining from a valuation of the domains but found it appropriate to place a valuation on me. How about actually refrain next time considering you "don't know what all this means." Or, if you must, say something nice. You might like it. That was disrespectful of you.

Oooh, get you.. 👛

You asked for opinions didn't you?

•••
You don't know me.

I said that I didn't get it business-wise, even if it's a joke. A different sense of humour, I suppose. I see you have read a lot into what I said. Nothing personal, just not my cup of tea.

But hey, if someone is willing to pay you top dollar for those domains, all the power to you.

Cheers

•••
•••
I never try to package domains together with a sale. It's confusing to the buyer and just adds more problems. Best to close the deal on the first domain, then contact them later saying "You purchased my domain whatever.com and I have the plural available if you want it." Something like that.

You will get more money that way, and won't lose deals because of complications.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back