I hand registered a domain name recently which was one of the initial few .co domain registration just as an experiment to see if they work for me. I saw that there were some companies on the same domain name in the country code extensions and I was pretty sure that I struck upon a decent name. Why? Because it was a popular term, easy and common to use and could have multiple end users. Having researched a little bit more about the possible end users, I registered the domain name and started with outbound marketing. I carefully drafted the email for each of these companies and sent them a "Make an Offer" proposal. Received a $199 offer from one of the leads. I started with $1,199 and the buyer went upto $399. With some back and forth negotiation, I stayed firm at $699 and the buyer stayed at $499. I was willing to take the $499 offer as well and it was only a day after registration, so that was like easy $500. I didn't give in and let my ego into this. Lost the deal. Take away: While every deal may be different, if you are willing to accept an offer, take it! It is better to accept an offer and move on to better names than waiting for a small difference which doesn't even matter much. Any questions are welcome!