Dynadot

Google sues for click fraud

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for that link, gel. Very interesting.

•••
Post of the week.

Glad to see google is taking care of it's customers. So often these days the customer is last.

•••
I like how they (Stricchiola) said that Google is putting thier work into the wrong place (opening court cases instead of improving algorithms). Thats the dumbest thing they could say. Google is a big enough company to handle both at once. I'm sure Google is working on the system while thier lawyers are working on the case.

I can't stand idiots.

•••
•••
Interesting read. I'm curious to see how this all plays out in court. I agree, it's about time google did something to protect it's advertisers.

•••
Indeed its a good thing that they take care of their advertisers. The attention this action is getting hopefully also keeps away some of the people considering fraudalent clicks. This in turn makes adwords more attractive to advertisers, which of course results in more paying ads for adsense publishers and money for Google to improve it services overall.

That it would be wasting time over improving the automated systems I cannot agree to as well. It's extremely hard (and most probably impossible) to make an automated system be 100% correct and thus other actions are required as well.

•••
Another reason to use google compared to findwhat etc. fraud is so rampant on findwhat, kanoodle etc , it is great to see someone stepping up

•••
well that just sucks.. good thing i didn't go through with clicking on mine :P

•••
Google has to do this, regardless of how the case goes, if only to show its customers that it values the veracity of the clicks from their ads.

Otherwise, if the distrust for true effectiveness of clickthroughs (it's top bread-and-butter) from Google's ads will circulate, that'll spell doom for the company.

It may be known as a "search" company, but its main source of revenue, its lifeblood, is the reach and effectiveness of its ads. Something they must guard with their life (so to speak). Once the reputation for that integrity is shattered, there won't be any compelling reason for people and companies to patronize them.

•••
wow! pretty interesting. thanks for the link.

•••
Great...I really appreciate google for taking that step

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back