Domain Empire

Google just won't stop.

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
i bet it will be first deployed as a closed group only open to google's employees then you need invites for you to use it online and share your documents and then it will be open to the public.

•••
The company that Google purchased produced Writely, which is an online collaboration word processor, not exactly competing with Microsoft and their Word/Office platform.

Of course, it is still in the word processing market, but they have different niches.

-Steve

•••
stscac said:
The company that Google purchased produced Writely, which is an online collaboration word processor, not exactly competing with Microsoft and their Word/Office platform.

Of course, it is still in the word processing market, but they have different niches.

-Steve

Mmm... microsoft is moving all of their office programs to a web-based environment.

•••
Shorty said:
It looks like Google are gearing up to hit Microsoft right where it hurts. They've taken over a company that developed a word processor, and are going to use it to compete with Microsoft Word.

I found this article on Forbes interesting:
http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/2006/03/09/google-yahoo-microsoft_cx_mar_0310googleword.html

Google have other issues to deal with, word processing is just one of Microsoft application and as the other member said ... they moving to web base platform... well let's wait and see.

•••
It's going to be integrated into Google's cyberspace storage system they're developing. Microsoft simply cant compete with that because they just dont have the computing power. Somehow I think Google just have too much space and are thinking of creative ways to waste it...

•••
This can compete in a direct way with Office Live.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
Shorty said:
It's going to be integrated into Google's cyberspace storage system they're developing. Microsoft simply cant compete with that because they just dont have the computing power. Somehow I think Google just have too much space and are thinking of creative ways to waste it...

You are wrong I am afraid. Microsoft have been looking to go down that road for a long time. They want the whole o/s to be online rather than on the users computor. If I remember correctly the biggest hurdle that stopped them so far was enough broadband take up (and of course speeds), but in many countries this has radically increased over the last couple of years.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back