NameSilo

Google Ads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I apologize if this is in the wrong forums...

I see a lot of sites as well as this one with these google ads listed on them. Is there a reasoning behind having those on your site? Does it help with the link popularity?

Sorry for the igorance :D

Mike

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) Easy to get accepted
2) Simple to set up
3) The content of the ads changes with whatever topic is at hand, thus catching the readers' eye since they're more likely to be interested in that subject

•••
xtremeoff-road said:

I see a lot of sites as well as this one with these google ads listed on them. Is there a reasoning behind having those on your site? Does it help with the link popularity?

Mike
Main Reason: Google Adsense pays you a certain amount for every click. ;)

•••
The only catch is you have to have traffic to the site(s) the ads are displayed on or it's all a mute point.

•••
Plus, if your site is not worthy, they will turn you down. That's what happened to me. So I had to settle for their competitor Adhearus and am having absolutely no luck.

•••
GoogleAdsense, is great, pretty easy to get accepted. But as its already been stated, they change with the content of the page their on, so they do tend to have a higher click through rate than other ads, which is always good for both you, the webmaster, and the advertiser as more people will see their page.

•••
they also payout every month over $100 and every year above $1 so you are bound to get a payment

•••
xtremeoff-road said:

Mike

they pay megabucks if your site is popular and lots of people click on the ads!!

you will be a friend for life with google if you dont mess things up.....and of course your site will be indexed....soon, good rankings with google.;)

•••
xtremeoff-road said:
Is there a reasoning behind having those on your site? Does it help with the link popularity?

As everyone else here have already said, google pays good, and they serve relevant ads for your content (most of the time)..

And to your second question:
It doesn't do anything for your link popularity, or help you get indexed in google faster.

•••
•••
Redleg said:
As everyone else here have already said, google pays good, and they serve relevant ads for your content (most of the time)..

And to your second question:
It doesn't do anything for your link popularity, or help you get indexed in google faster.

Actually it does get you spidered as Google comes by every day.

•••
Crusader said:
Actually it does get you spidered as Google comes by every day.

googlebot and google-mediapartners are two different spiders.

google-mediapartners spider is the adsense spider, and does ONLY spider your pages to display related adsense ads, it doesn't have anything to do with the google search engine at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back