Dynadot

First-time domainer, any advice on how to get started?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blakebrown

Impact
Hi there, I stumbled across this community by accident when looking for a new domain name. Couldn't help but notice the passion here, and coming from a similar space I'd love to dive right in and pick up a few domains within a reasonable budget. Any idea what types of domains are the most liquid, or where I should get started? Would really appreciate any advice to a noobie!

On a separate note, I come from a strong tech background having worked in the valley for a few years. I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the existing domaining tools seem to be highly fragmented, and difficult to use (2 weeks for DomainAgents just to find the owner?!). Is there anything you wish existed that would make your life as a domainer easier? I'd love to build it!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there, I stumbled across this community by accident when looking for a new domain name. Couldn't help but notice the passion here, and coming from a similar space I'd love to dive right in and pick up a few domains within a reasonable budget. Any idea what types of domains are the most liquid, or where I should get started? Would really appreciate any advice to a noobie!

On a separate note, I come from a strong tech background having worked in the valley for a few years. I couldn't help but notice that a lot of the existing domaining tools seem to be highly fragmented, and difficult to use (2 weeks for DomainAgents just to find the owner?!). Is there anything you wish existed that would make your life as a domainer easier? I'd love to build it!
Welcome to the community.

Personally I use multiple free SEO background link checkers. All of them report different results. Google analytics doesn't recognize any of my domains no matter how many times I edit the DNS TXT file for the google identify code.

I'm trying to avoid registering to these alleged free SEO checkers that require your email account, then upsell you, or spam your email.

•••
Any idea what types of domains are the most liquid, or where I should get started?
If you really want to learn, join dnAcademy. Which is now Godaddy Domain Academy.

If you want to learn the basics and try your luck, read thru the newbie section here.

If you just want to make big bucks quick, be prepared to throw away a bunch of money.

•••
Build a decentralized domain marketplace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back