Dynadot

.tv good.org? great.tv? Or average.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There is a style of domain that is available and I don't know the best one to purchase. If I were looking for the domain name dog (obviously unavailable, but a good example), would it be better to have edog.org, dog.tv, or edogstuff.com?

With the edog.org, .ws, .info, .name, ...all except .com and .net are still available.

dog.tv is a little more expensive, but if it will do the same as the .com, .net., etc in the search engines I don't mind spending the extra money.

Variations of the .com are available, but nothing that really fits perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it’s obvious...

In your example it’s obvious to take the dog.tv but the trouble is that it’s only an example. There are too many variables without the name to give you an educated answer.

•••
I agree with slaughter there. Dog.tv is the best in this case but it doesn't necessarily mean it always will be. Short domains are always good - but at the same time you want them to reasonably fit the topic. Hence this issue with edog.org - doesn't quite fit the topic.

•••
I'd say if dog.tv fits your sites theme perfectly than definetley choose the .tv over the variations found on the other extensions.

•••
I was hoping it was simpler than that.

Not that I thought everyone here would run out and buy it, but I felt a little funny posting a domain name that I wanted to a place where people buy and sell domain names.

The site I am building is about phonics. phonics.tv is available. ephonics.org and others are available, and ephonicsgames (or something like that).com is available.

Still the .tv?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back