Dynadot

Going to reg. 50 - 100 .com. What price should I look for ?

NameSilo
Watch

DzAH

Established Member
Impact
$5.99 seems to be a great deal, but,

(i ask those with more experience), if Im in no hurry and can wait a few months, do you think I should wait?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We tried.

Many of those look familiar, they appear to be drop rejects.

•••
On a good note, these have sold just this week..

sipta.com 174 USD 2017-06-16 DropCatch
dorro.com 670 USD 2017-06-15 GoDaddy
podds.com 338 USD 2017-06-15 GoDaddy
polke.com 310 USD 2017-06-15 DropCatch
neiwo.com 271 USD 2017-06-15 NameJet
haorj.com 139 USD 2017-06-15 NameJet
niloo.com 134 USD 2017-06-15 NameJet
arkad.com 5,000 USD 2017-06-14 Sedo
aprop.com 995 USD 2017-06-14 Flippa
kaofa.com 620 USD 2017-06-14 NameJet
supqq.com 520 USD 2017-06-14 DropCatch
bevrc.com 203 USD 2017-06-14 GoDaddy
logov.com 174 USD 2017-06-14 DropCatch
semup.com 108 USD 2017-06-14 GoDaddy
huoye.com 3,634 USD 2017-06-13 GoDaddy
coolr.com 1,811 USD 2017-06-13 NameJet
aeras.com 579 USD 2017-06-13 NameJet
ertou.com 544 USD 2017-06-13 NameJet
cotop.com 257 USD 2017-06-13 GoDaddy
polox.com 131 USD 2017-06-13 NameJet
zpbuy.com 121 USD 2017-06-13 NameJet
nieuw.com 1,282 USD 2017-06-12 DropCatch
vrjia.com 1,050 USD 2017-06-12 DropCatch
noppa.com 655 USD 2017-06-12 DropCatch
kcare.com 465 USD 2017-06-12 NameJet
crape.com 425 USD 2017-06-12 DropCatch
tinzi.com 390 USD 2017-06-12 GoDaddy
wowsy.com 305 USD 2017-06-12 DropCatch
dchat.com 4,000 USD 2017-06-11 Sedo
dropz.com 1,377 USD 2017-06-11 GoDaddy
yumba.com 1,275 USD 2017-06-11 GoDaddy
bekam.com 714 USD 2017-06-11 DropCatch
gnius.com 676 USD 2017-06-11 GoDaddy
hency.com 334 USD 2017-06-11 Dynadot
wearu.com 227 USD 2017-06-11 GoDaddy
ezdna.com 205 USD 2017-06-11 NameJet
clovr.com 632 USD 2017-06-10 GoDaddy
burne.com 526 USD 2017-06-10 NameJet
ainul.com 300 USD 2017-06-10 GoDaddy
flagr.com 221 USD 2017-06-10 DropCatch
hayya.com 3,499 USD 2017-06-09 Sedo
mdesk.com 1,250 USD 2017-06-09 DropCatch
bccom.com 432 USD 2017-06-09 NameJet
youpc.com 385 USD 2017-06-09 DropCatch
qrnet.com 321 USD 2017-06-09 GoDaddy
iotme.com 234 USD 2017-06-09 DropCatch
dtlab.com 225 USD 2017-06-09 DropCatch
phcar.com 210 USD 2017-06-09 NameJet
avrom.com 116 USD 2017-06-09 DropCatch
fobuy.com 106 USD 2017-06-09 GoDaddy

•••
•••
•••
Online affiliate programs is actually a good buy. That could be a real money maker

•••
Well dont you think others had the same idea?

Do you think domaining is go out and buy 200 names for 7$ a piece and sell them with profit within 12 months?

I would suggest you delve into the wealth of written testimony of other peoples experiences before getting your wallet out. There is like 10 threads a month like yours.. Usually people are persuaded to read a little more before blasting money out in the void. Seems like you ignored that advice when @Silentptnr gave it to you.

As he said, you will pay renewal on 200 names instead of 1. Further; instead of spending your time trying to transform a single 3 figure purchase into a 4 figure sale. You will spend your time trying to transform many many single figure purchases into two figure sales. You think having more time to promote a name is better or worse? Do you think you will have more time per name or less time if you buy 200 low quality names instead of 1 high quality?

What do you think will create more profit for you?

In short.. No I am not wrong.. Been here doing this sh*t for longer than you have been outside diapers. But today knowledge and experience is not worth much. I understand you already learned what you needed and now you are the bomb. Go explode then ;)
If he's smart this will be a mistake he will never again repeat. There is a quote that says something like: "Smart people learn from their own mistakes, brilliant people learn from others mistakes.":xf.wink:
At least he has a plan he is executing and that is worth more than this few hundered bucks he invested! For that I give @DzAH (y) - good luck!:xf.smile:

•••
Thanks 1Darko.

What Im doing regarding these 70 domains (and in some degree the marketplace too) is really just pieces of a much larger picture, and are not really critical for what I'm trying to archive.

Now that being said I do have great faith in the feature of 5L for multiple reasons, and I wouldn't do what I now do if I expected no return. What I hope in short term is to at least to be able to renew the 5 letters from income. What I expect in long term is an increase in the value of my 5L's.

Now, this whole discussion is really of topic though. I didnt make this thread to get feedback on these consept at all, and I didnt really want it either, cuz what I was about to do I decided to do long ago.. and again, this is just pieces in a much larger picture. The reason I started this thread was to as for a reasonable good price for 50-100 bulk registering.. nothing else.

Anyway, since there are talk about marketplaces (and yeah, I know there are a lot of them), if you like,
brilliant people learn from others mistakes."

any threads? blogs? etc.?

•••
Many domainers have gone down the road of brandables like these. Since you have already bought them, I wish you the very best of luck.

Thanks ! :xf.smile:

PS. I know you were looking into domain generators. Looks like you found one! :)

Not really. What Im generating is from my own program.

It has 10 "slots", and every slot can be a single character, or multiple char. (words/extenctios etc.) or whole lists of characters/words etc.

So it can take in a huge amount of data in, and will generate a list with every possible combinations. What I would use days to archive manually it can do in like 1 sec (like 20 000 combinations) :xf.grin:

Now the reason I made the thread was to see if such a service already exist, and how advanced they are. If its doesnt (or are just very simple) Im pondering if I might provide such a service.

•••
•••
That's a great thread. Thanks! :xf.smile:

•••
Many domainers have gone down the road of brandables like these. Since you have already bought them, I wish you the very best of luck. But....I do wish you had followed my advice.

What is the problem? Having it all on a marketplace? (like its better to have a single landing page and not expose buyer to multiple similar choices O_o) or the domains itself? or the combination?

Now what if next phase is adding pronounceable 4L, would that change anything?

•••
btw. You aint able to stop me.. :xf.smile: I also added the 5L's
caccy, mamsu and lobmi :xf.grin: This time @ alpname.

•••
What is the problem? Having it all on a marketplace? (like its better to have a single landing page and not expose buyer to multiple similar choices O_o) or the domains itself? or the combination?

Now what if next phase is adding pronounceable 4L, would that change anything?
Depends on your goals.

•••
Thanks 1Darko.

What Im doing regarding these 70 domains (and in some degree the marketplace too) is really just pieces of a much larger picture, and are not really critical for what I'm trying to archive.

Now that being said I do have great faith in the feature of 5L for multiple reasons, and I wouldn't do what I now do if I expected no return. What I hope in short term is to at least to be able to renew the 5 letters from income. What I expect in long term is an increase in the value of my 5L's.

Now, this whole discussion is really of topic though. I didnt make this thread to get feedback on these consept at all, and I didnt really want it either, cuz what I was about to do I decided to do long ago.. and again, this is just pieces in a much larger picture. The reason I started this thread was to as for a reasonable good price for 50-100 bulk registering.. nothing else.

Anyway, since there are talk about marketplaces (and yeah, I know there are a lot of them), if you like,

any threads? blogs? etc.?
On namepros you will find all you need!

For short domains you can also check some data on:
http://shortnames.com/

•••
shortnames seems to be a really great site. I already new about it, but have mainly used just dnprices and namebio. After a revisit I have to say I think shortnames are notably better for this specific use (short names).

Regarding domains/marketplace: I have been reading quite a lot on this forum for some time now, but I haven't yet seen a discussion about someone doing something similar as I do and what their experiences was. If someone can point me somewhere I would gladly look into it. I would be nice to what they actually did, and what went wrong etc.

•••
We tried.

Many of those look familiar, they appear to be drop rejects.

Some are, but far from all, and honestly I dont think I will search drops anymore, cuz its really hard to find something great left. People are using drop catch on many of my wanted domains, so.. waste of time and effort.

Lately I have only searched through huge amounts of generated lists and bulk searching. These I found and registered:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wi...of-this-year-2017.1024789/page-2#post-6233063

what do you think? :xf.smile:

•••
Originally posted by DzAH - https://www.namepros.com/posts/6233063/
The last days I have been scanning through 1000s upon 1000s of domains. I the end I searched primarily on recurring letters and patterns. I ended up buying the 14 "best" domains I found. Here is the list:

vrote (wrote - vr..)
emmoi (bit similar to emoji kinda)

triple repeating:
emmmy (emmy)
diiim (deem)
tuuub (tube)
kuuut (cute)
kakks (a name)

triple + double :
ummum (yum / nam nam)

2x double's
izzir
xussu
xohho
wurru

triple vowels:
ipiwi
axaja

others:
xifco
droab
zicee
ulleo
tidod
broiz
fefio

Golly Gosh, @DzAH - if you would like to continue to pursue this 5L kick, please at LEAST follow the deals and pay less. Or pare it way down, like watch the drop and pick up one or two per week that are of much higher quality.

Out of this most recent list, if I saw emmmy on the drop list, I would not spend full price on it to catch, (I have Desktop Catcher software). I would wait until after drop and if it was still available I would possibly buy it at discount. With hesitation at that, as it is Confusingly Similar to the trademark Emmy, I would have to run due diligence.
OK, now would not touch this one - fighting TM since 1979 with well-funded holder
http://www.trademarkia.com/emmy-73226491.html

Just because you are finding interesting patterns and searching you find that there are very few left of that pattern is not good logic. Scarcity does NOT equal value
What is your marketplace site?

•••
Quality > quantity.
You could have bought just a few good domains with the same money, and you could afford to wait for the right offer because you know the renewal fees are not going to burn a hole in your pocket.
It's very likely that you bought a bunch of liabilities instead.
And what you paid is promo price for the initial year normally. The registrar is selling below actual cost. Expect a price hike by next year unless you are willing to try a transfer somewhere else.

I can tell you one thing: if a domain is available to be register for $10, it's not likely somebody else will step in later and want to buy it from you for more. It can happen, but it's not the norm especially with unusable names like random 5L that are not brandable, have no practical purpose or obvious abbreviations.

Oh I know the famous tune: "I just need to sell one domain for a big sum...", but in real life it just doesn't happen, that's why the majority of domainers are losing money.
The fact that you are looking for the absolute cheapest pricing makes me think your business doesn't have adequate funding. Again, think about what you will pay next year and consider the very likely possibility of no sales.

Good luck anyway and come back to give feedback in one year :)

•••
Quality > quantity.

No matter what.. however you approach domaining.. you obviously need both. If there actually is an formula/equation it is rather "quality * quantity", not "quality > quantity".

Now, I personally, based on multiple reasons, made a conscious decision to register more of less quality rather then a few of high quality. Actually, because of who I am, what Im trying to do, and where I stand, it was kinda the only thing that made sense at this time. That does not however exclude me to go for much higher quality later though.. that's a very natural and possible "next step", maybe half a year / year from now.

I can tell you one thing: if a domain is available to be register for $10, it's not likely somebody else will step in later and want to buy it from you for more. It can happen, but it's not the norm especially with unusable names like random 5L that are not brandable, have no practical purpose or obvious abbreviations.

Are you saying the domains I registered are random 5L, not brandable etc. ?

If thats your opinion I think we fundamentally disagree. When I registering its surely not randomly. I only registering those I see potentially brandable, so (in general) their practical purpose is therefor pretty obvious.

Oh I know the famous tune: "I just need to sell one domain for a big sum..."

My approach is not to sit and wait and wait for one buyer who is willing to buy one of these domains for a stupid amount of money. My intention is to price the domains fairly and create solutions and value for end users / market.

Good luck anyway and come back to give feedback in one year :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
if you would like to continue to pursue this 5L kick, please at LEAST follow the deals and pay less. Or pare it way down, like watch the drop and pick up one or two per week that are of much higher quality.

I think about $5 is an ok price. I intend to pay about that for hand reg. domains that "pass the test".

Im not sure following daily drop lists (for 5L) is a great idea now. Seems people are willing to pay $50+ (dropcatching services) for domains I only find "interesting".. not much left. So I question if its worth the time and effort.

Anyway, Im kinda done now registering. Just 7 more, and then Im done (ending at 105 domains, 70 of those are 5L's). I will then, hopefully from tomorrow, reg. no more, and focus primarily on programming/developing, and only keep an eye on sales/actions for 4/5 L, and the only if/when I have a real sale, I will reinvest some of it (accordingly to what being sold), if Im able to register cheaply.

Just because you are finding interesting patterns and searching you find that there are very few left of that pattern is not good logic. Scarcity does NOT equal value

True, I agree. It depends. In general, in a market, sometimes there is a really direct correlation, sometimes it is only indicative, and sometimes there is probably no correlation at all.

When it comes to 5L I think there are some indications, but not conclusive, and too early to say. For me it is only one factor of many, and in general not that important for what I register. However when I bulk search after pronounceables I have to somewhat narrow it down and filter. I have also seen some sales stats lately that seems to show really directly that (some) end users (statistically speaking) prefer recurring patterns and symmetry.. and those patterns has some really high sales frequency compared to "the normal 5L". Not that I put too much into this, but I find it interesting and fun and worthy to look into and test out. And, for me, mainly its a nice way to get a little variations in the portfolio.. not having only seemingly similar and obvious CVCVC, VCVCV etc.

What is your marketplace site?

Im programming from scratch in PHP/SQL etc. and its far from ready.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back