Domain Empire

Going to reg. 50 - 100 .com. What price should I look for ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DzAH

Established Member
Impact
$5.99 seems to be a great deal, but,

(i ask those with more experience), if Im in no hurry and can wait a few months, do you think I should wait?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes...wait. you might be better off getting a single name that has high value.

•••
50 to 100 renewals is much more than 1 or 2.

•••
Probably!

Maybe just pare your list for now and pick a handful worth the $5.99 price, if you don't already have DirectNIC you can get 3 dot COM there for $4.17 each
https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-net-4-17-registration-directnic-com.992706/

Then keep your Standby list ready and watch this forum for promos

We have seen $3.19 with coupon this year ONCE here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/consolidated-supersales-domain-mydomain-netfirms-dotster.987020/

@DzAH - how many dot COM domains do you currently have?

•••
Yes...wait. you might be better off getting a single name that has high value.

50 to 100 renewals is much more than 1 or 2.

Well that is an another approach. I have kinda decided already what to do. I'm on my way designing and implementing my own niche marketplace from scratch, and am going to buy about 100 to 200 domains that are fit for this marketplace. Im have now narrowed down huge lists, and is going to register 70 domains. I think Im going to register them at Namesilo for $5.99 (or seems like I will get them $5.69) which seems to be a nice deal.

However since I havnt been around for as long as others I dont know how low established/trusted registrars would go. My concern is that I buy now and then in a few weeks/months someone like namecheap or an other comes and offer half the price or something.

I guess my main question is: How low would well known established and trusted registrars go? Could you predict (based upon experience from last year etc.) what the cheapest unlimited .com deal would be this year.

The thing is, I can wait.. however I wanna act now

Probably!

Maybe just pare your list for now and pick a handful worth the $5.99 price, if you don't already have DirectNIC you can get 3 dot COM there for $4.17 each
https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-net-4-17-registration-directnic-com.992706/

Then keep your Standby list ready and watch this forum for promos

We have seen $3.19 with coupon this year ONCE here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/consolidated-supersales-domain-mydomain-netfirms-dotster.987020/

@DzAH - how many dot COM domains do you currently have?

I don't wanna use many registrars, just a few. And there is also some I dont wanna use at all (cuz of distrust).

Thanks for your suggestions though. I will consider those.

•••
Most of the reg prices are in a similar range. You should look at other factors rather than just saving a few cents imho.

•••
Yes, I agree.

I think I will go for NameSilo's $5.99/$5.69

Just wanted to hear your opinions.

•••
Well there are loads of promo codes on here to save you a dollar - I've got one - HOTNAMES
You may prefer to go directly to their site to preserve their profits, as their prices are pretty good, and you get some free extras.

•••
Sounds like you are getting trigger happy, 70 domains all in the same niche that you are inventing? If it was a $1-2 reg deal, then maybe, but you are looking at dropping $400 now AND with renewal of approx $630, for some niche you have 70 FREELY available domains that you already stated you could wait months on.

What is your plan for selling all of these?

PS there will FOR SURE be a better deal than this even if it happens Black Friday/Cyber Monday

$5.99 is a nice savings for domains you would have paid $9 for. $5.99 is not a good price for a bulk experiment

Last edited:
•••
Sounds like you are getting trigger happy..

Not really. I have been searching for these domains for weeks and months. I have made lists while I have waited for two things :
1. Money (I very recently got it)
2. A decent discount

..70 FREELY available domains that you already stated you could wait months on...

Yes. I can wait, but, surely those domains can slip away if I wait too. Now.. since I got the money, and there are decent sales, and I already waited a long time, Im inclined to just do it, and move on to next phase.

What is your plan for selling all of these?

Im building my own self-made markedplace.

PS there will FOR SURE be a better deal than this even if it happens Black Friday/Cyber Monday

$5.99 is a nice savings for domains you would have paid $9 for. $5.99 is not a good price for a bulk experiment

Ok, that's interesting. Throughout the year how would you estimate bulk sales among the established registrars? Like what would be the best regular sales, and what about those special ones, like Black Friday/Cyber Monday etc. How low does it go?

My two "requirements" are:
1. It has to be of the most used/trusted registrars
2. It has to be bulk

Last edited:
•••
Just an update..

I ended up buying 70 domains at NameSilo! :xf.smile:

$5.69 x 70 ! :xf.smile:

•••
•••
You can't really go wrong with namesilo, they are a solid registrar with great pricing.

It's not worth it using different registrars and hopping around chasing promos... especially if your names end up at some shady place; then you have to either deal with that, or pay to transfer out... which defeats the purpose of scrounging around to save a buck.

•••
It's not worth it using different registrars and hopping around chasing promos...

That is my conclusion too. Reg/transfer/renewals, learning new systems, keeping track of everything etc.. I my case, not worth it. Too time consuming.

•••
•••
Hand regging names are not the way to go. You will end up with 200 names for your marketplace that no one will buy.

Its money out the window. But I see you are new and apparently had your own idea. The same idea that 500.000 other people had the last two years. Not much value left, at least Namesilo made some money.

•••
ok, hopefully (for me) u are wrong. We'll see :xf.smile:

•••
Well dont you think others had the same idea?

Do you think domaining is go out and buy 200 names for 7$ a piece and sell them with profit within 12 months?

I would suggest you delve into the wealth of written testimony of other peoples experiences before getting your wallet out. There is like 10 threads a month like yours.. Usually people are persuaded to read a little more before blasting money out in the void. Seems like you ignored that advice when @Silentptnr gave it to you.

As he said, you will pay renewal on 200 names instead of 1. Further; instead of spending your time trying to transform a single 3 figure purchase into a 4 figure sale. You will spend your time trying to transform many many single figure purchases into two figure sales. You think having more time to promote a name is better or worse? Do you think you will have more time per name or less time if you buy 200 low quality names instead of 1 high quality?

What do you think will create more profit for you?

In short.. No I am not wrong.. Been here doing this shit for longer than you have been outside diapers. But today knowledge and experience is not worth much. I understand you already learned what you needed and now you are the bomb. Go explode then ;)

Last edited:
•••
I think you are wrong :xf.smile:

And Im very very very sure you dont know :xf.wink:

•••
So.. NameSilo having a promotion.. I bulk reg. 70 domains ($5,69)

37 of those 70 is 5L. Here is the list:

bamoz.com
buxnu.com
dibow.com
dilwa.com
edeci.com
enipi.com
erwix.com
getlu.com
gizva.com
goxro.com
hikpi.com
ifrod.com
ilibe.com
iwian.com
keixo.com
kelmu.com
lekvo.com
lemlu.com
lipfo.com
lyero.com
mepoa.com
mezmu.com
ogisi.com
oleci.com
orosh.com
osevi.com
pemez.com
saxba.com
smenk.com
ugito.com
utisu.com
uxmit.com
vamfa.com
wimlu.com
xhili.com
zapep.com
zetca.com

Many domainers have gone down the road of brandables like these. Since you have already bought them, I wish you the very best of luck. But....I do wish you had followed my advice. We will see if your prediction is correct or if you have a different opinion one year from now.

Keep us posted on the marketplace!

•••
PS. I know you were looking into domain generators. Looks like you found one! :)

•••
Many domainers have gone down the road of brandables like these. Since you have already bought them, I wish you the very best of luck. But....I do wish you had followed my advice. We will see if your prediction is correct or if you have a different opinion one year from now.

Keep us posted on the marketplace!
Listen what @Silentptnr is saying. Even more, i highly recommend to start eating ice-cream as i started to do like him. :)

•••
•••
I think you are wrong :xf.smile:

And Im very very very sure you dont know :xf.wink:

Sure. As I said very few people really value other peoples experience today. It does not matter that I have a masters degree in international business management. It does not matter that I wrote my thesis on the domain name aftermarket. It does not matter I have been in the business for more than a decade. Everyone is equally right. The US president is the epitome of this outlook. Experts dont know shit, shit knows shit.

BUT, I am very very very sure I have a MUCH better chance of being right than you are. Having seen 1000s of people saying the exact same things you are.

I will stay mum from here on. The more people buying hand regging crap the less I have to compete with when we are bidding on the real names.

Last edited:
•••
I eat about a gallon every few days. :)
Nice my mentor, i hit a vanilla ice-cream and i am thinking of you.
yes-sir.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back