IT.COM

GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is been good until I get a .de. Domain status is pending update and no one at godaddy can do anything about it. I know it's probably DENIC.DE ..Can't blame godaddy for that. But would appreciate if they cooperated in much easier way for such extensions.

Last edited:
•••
Review

Great pricing for all there products! Very low cost, which increases your margins!

•••
best domain register

best register of them all :)

•••
Review

They have good price and features. The too much ads is buggy and makes me so confused their customer support just turns everything off its like talking to idiots

•••
Review

Great service, some prices are high though.

•••
My favourite registrar

Perhaps their panel is slow and clumsy but they have a lot of features and still easy to use

•••
Overwhelming pressure for add ons and disrespect for women lost my business. I think the core of their software is excellent, but it is lost in the clutter of too much marketing. The final straw came when I visited the blog of the CEO, Bob Parsons. I was appalled to see him standing surrounded by models...It just seemed creepy to me, not to mention entirely inappropriate. I switched to dynadot.com and it is like an enormous breath of fresh, clean air....and they are cheaper too!

Last edited:
•••
Great prices with coupons.

Great prices with coupons. Bit wary of bad stories, also too many upsells. Wish they had a one click marketplace like Namecheap.

•••
I use them for everything...almost

Honestly...I have been extremely pleased for the most part with GoDaddy as my registrar. I'm in the process of moving the rest of my names away from Network Solutions to my GoDaddy account. Their UI is great...when I make a DNS change it happens within minutes, not the 24-48 hours that it takes Netsol to switch DNS, and of course...their price is great.

My only gripe is their risque advertising practices. I have actually had to register names for clients of mine with another registrar because they refuse to do business with GoDaddy because they disagree with their SuperBowl commercials. (yeah, I think it's stupid too but they're my clients and I respect their wishes)

•••
So far so good

I've transferred one domain to GoDaddy and registered one too. Both transactions quick and easy. Their interface could be better but as I don't plan on changing things too often that's not really a problem.

Last edited:
•••
perfect

they are perfect in everything, i have about 10 domains with them and i had webhosting for 2 years now and not a single problem... thank you Godaddy!

•••
Nothing is perfect

Not even Godaddy, "cipcip".... Trust me. Moved 52 MOBI domains to their cash parking system and for 7 weeks not ONE visit... At Sedo there were dozens of visits, per domain, daily. Even clicks! Its taken them a week of customer "service" emails back and forth to even understand what I am asking (Why there arent any visits).

Menus often crash and/or are slow or lose your place...

They are FAR from perfect.

•••
freakin' idiots

does godaddy really suck? YES IT DOES!!

bad customer support
spamiest and slowest interface in the entire world
very bad downtime
more ..

•••
Review

I like Godaddy, most of my domains are there.

But I don't like 60days transfer limite.

•••
Cheap and i like the customer support

I bought one domain for £3.65 thats about 7 dollers. I asked a question to the support team and they replied within 5 minutes ( No joke ). The downside is they only told me after i payed that i had to pay more to remove my Data from the who.is ( Thats why im not saying my domain ). The only downside for me is having to pay for them to remove who.is info. Overall i like them.

•••
Getting Better

Ok Now i can really comment with clear mind, Bob Parsons CEO takes a personal interest in his customers.

A company that does that is a very good one there prices are very very good which helps.

Last edited:
•••
best

i cant find anything better than this registrar..

•••
Truly Horrible

This is a great place if you like 300,000 options for giving them more money when you just want to buy a single domain.

•••
Cheap but horrid when you need something

GoDaddy is the most popular, in the same way McDonalds is. It's cheap. Good for when you need a personal website with a blog read by about 5 people in the world.

But when you need serious websites, they suck big time. The customer service is the rudest I have ever encountered (what's the "service" for?). The web interface is pathetic and cumbersome requiring about 10 clicks for every single thing. If you wish to simply buy a new domain, it will take you through about 7 screens of cross-selling and whatnot. Stupid, stupid experience.

Most importantly, their anti-abuse policy is now crap. Pure drivel. People's websites can be "spamvertised", which means I don't send spam, but my websites are now so busy and popular that spammers phish my domain name. GoDaddy is not for sites like these with huge traffic. They do NOT know how to cope or manage with technical savvy.

For small homemade domains, GoDaddy is fine. If you are planning on run serious websites, forget them and look at Tucows or eNom. You get what you pay for. With eNom, you can try "bulkregister.com" if you wish not to pay for their reseller services.

•••
Thanks for making your first post here at Namepros
about your thoughts on Godaddy,
everyone's opinion is valued.

User error is the biggest frustration people
have with Godaddy, and I say that because
when someone mentions a "bunch of screens"
that you have to go through, indicates that
you not reading them correctly!

Use the "No Thanks" ready to checkout link, and you'll
eliminate most, if not all of them.
Other than security issues, which are in place for a reason!

Took me 3 or 4 times (with frustration) before I figured
out the shortcuts.

Customer service isin't the best, they do respond - slowly
in some cases, again, depends on the issue.

But from a newbie's point of view (which I was 2 years ago)
It's easier, and cheaper than most!
The Domain management system is easy to navigate through
to make changes to nameservers etc!

:imho:

•••
Customer service isin't the best, they do respond - slowly
in some cases, again, depends on the issue.

But from a newbie's point of view (which I was 2 years ago)
It's easier, and cheaper than most!
The Domain management system is easy to navigate through
to make changes to nameservers etc!
100% agree.

Since I need to manage thousands of domains I must admit that Godaddy interface has more features than any others. It's bulk actions are very easy to understand and with bulk action you may do anything you want with any number of your domains at one time! You can get even authorization codes via bulk auctions. I don't know any other registrar that allows it (imagine transferring out 100 domains!) Though it's sometimes very slow (I guess partially it's because they use safe protocols) at the same time it's feature-rich and is best in features. With combination of cheap prices (promo codes, discount codes) and the fact that it's so fast to transfer domains from GoDaddy (very fast sales to end-users) this is my main registrar. As to a lot of advertisements - just get used to it and take it as granted.

•••
Okay, but slow.

Very clumsy and slow, but it does have some good features.

•••
•••
Godaddy got plenty of good stuff, some bad also.

I have Godaddy reviewed recently on my blog. Just hit my SIG, ther's comparison, what to do and what not :)

•••
Review

Not bad, good price with coupons, decent interface but to slow, lots of features though. Support and customer service is slow.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back