Dynadot

GoDaddy Whois Counts: Are they accurate? Useful?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
For those who use Godaddy as a registrar, have you found the "whois count" data to be accurate and/or useful?

It seemed interesting at first, but it's showing 0 on domains that I personally did a whois lookup on AT the Godaddy website. If they can't track their own whois queries, how can they track them from other systems?

Other domains of low value or very specific niche sometimes have 45 more more lookups in the month. I'm not sure I trust this, or can make any value decisions based on it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whois count does not always show the interest of domain buyers for your domain. IMO, this metric shows how many internet marketers would contact you for selling u seo n designing services for your domain.

•••
The software that is used may not be entirely accurate as the algorithm has to be improved and worked upon. Thus to trust as software that shows whois counts may be very accurate or the database may take some time to get updated instantaneously.

•••
Where's the whois count located on the the dashboard?Can't really pick that

•••
The software that is used may not be entirely accurate as the algorithm has to be improved and worked upon. Thus to trust as software that shows whois counts may be very accurate or the database may take some time to get updated instantaneously.

I don't understand this... I'm talking about the whois counts that are available
Where's the whois count located on the the dashboard?Can't really pick that

You have to "create exportable list" to see it. That is under "more" on the main management table.

•••
I came here for an answer to this as well. I check mine all the time. I'm keen to new domains as well as expiring will always have more than normal - but I have a domain here with 106 visits so far this month. Domain is 3-4 months old. I raised the price on it just in case. I was wondering if anyones been tracking this and cross referencing with their domain sales to see any correlation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back