Dynadot

news GoDaddy to acquire domain sales platform dan.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Not found, error 404​

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it by using the search form below.

•••
Strange, looks like the article was deleted. Proof I'm not going completely mad...

IMG-20220628-WA0001.jpg

My prediction is that it will close Dan or Afternic because they serve the same purpose.

Last edited:
•••
I hope it was a really bad joke.

•••
Last edited:
•••
It's here on Google news. Maybe Andrew has the inside scoop.

Attachments

• IMG-20220628-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220628-WA0002.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 140
•••
Update: the article is back on DNW

•••
Godaddy logo on Dan landing page could be a plus, what about sales commission that could go up and delay in payout?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Not a fan of this move. Godaddy becomes more and more a monopoly

•••
A Rapid progressive company DAN joining hands with a slow moving, old module company, Godaddy. PITY.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Sales proceeds from Dan, we used to get it within 24 hours after closing the deal, can we expect the same from Afternic? Certaining No.
Support was instant in Dan, but it takes weeks in Godaddy.
Dan commission was only 9% but we need to pay 20% commission for Godaddy.
Dan has been a dynamic but it is sad it is merging with a static company

•••
Hope the advantages on Dan such as crypto payout, ten minutes payment and great speed CS won't be jeopardized?

•••
It is not a big surprise, but I am not sure it is good news for domain investors. Apparently, they haven't yet decided if Dan will still offer low commission rates.

•••
•••
LET US DEVELOP ONE ALTERNATIVE FOR DAN.COM

•••
whelp this has to be the worst June,April fools joke ever…

Just feels like a slap in the face by Dan, I get it you’ll take the money but come on.. sell it to someone else not godaddy, I would approve of Epik over Godaddy…

F you, Dan!

Edited by moderator to remove vulgarity

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Another competitor gone. Worst news for domainers!

•••
This is bad news, hope the commission remains the same, otherwise I'm out.

•••
•••
I dont think is a bad news but will shake the domain industry & right now as general marketplaces remain as stand alone will be Sedo , Epik.com & Dynadot
( even last 2 are also reg. )
Personal in last 2 years all my sales was only at Uniregistry , Afternic & Dan

•••
GoDaddy slowly monopolizing the domain market. Any good thing in the industry ends up with them. Hopefully, it will lead to increased domain visibility and of course, same old commission.

•••
Back