IT.COM

GoDaddy says a domain is available at a marketplace but do I dare buy it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sole

Established Member
Impact
I found a domain name for $5K that I am interested in. The domain name has a white screen of death and I can’t find it on any of the major market places. However GoDaddy listed it as for sale from a third-party and I’m thinking of buying it.

Does anyone have experience of buying domains listed by GoDaddy as for sale but no so anywhere else?

If the sale doesn’t go through, do I get my money back?

I’m happy to give you exact domain name and give you a commission if you can help me understand this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you buy it through GoDaddy, GoDaddy will make sure that you get it. They can provide help at the level that you need it--it's $5k, they will make it work. You are depending on the 3rd party actually delivering to get the domain, but you aren't depending on the 3rd party to keep your money safe. In other words, the worst that could happen is that you don't get the domain, you won't lose your money.

Edit to add that it doesn't necessarily mean anything that the domain is only on GoDaddy. It wouldn't make me question whether or not to go forward.

Last edited:
•••
It took 30 days before I got a refund due to a Godaddy bullsh*t listing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back