IT.COM

question GoDaddy Rejected my Crypto- Name for aftermarket/auctions ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
So I got this email last night

"We're sorry
Thank you for being a GoDaddy customer. We greatly appreciate your interest in participating in our exciting aftermarket and/or parked page programs. Unfortunately, we are unable to list the domain name(s) below in these programs at this time because another person or entity owns a trademark that matches one or more terms or words contained in your domain name(s).

cryptominr.com

Again, we very much appreciate your business and we are sorry that this particular service is unavailable for this domain name(s). If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Regards,
GoDaddy Aftermarket/Parked Page Team"

What is this Rubbish??

I searched TMs for my domain and for cryptominer with the "E " there is NO TM for either......Though if you just search "crypto" there are several new trademarks using the word crypto+ keywords.....

How and why is this effecting mine? Should I just resubmit it ? Has this happen to anyone else on their crypto names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got the same mail a few days ago. Mine was keyword +ethereum

•••
•••
•••
So I got this email last night

"We're sorry
Thank you for being a GoDaddy customer. We greatly appreciate your interest in participating in our exciting aftermarket and/or parked page programs. Unfortunately, we are unable to list the domain name(s) below in these programs at this time because another person or entity owns a trademark that matches one or more terms or words contained in your domain name(s).

cryptominr.com

Again, we very much appreciate your business and we are sorry that this particular service is unavailable for this domain name(s). If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].

Regards,
GoDaddy Aftermarket/Parked Page Team"

What is this Rubbish??

I searched TMs for my domain and for cryptominer with the "E " there is NO TM for either......Though if you just search "crypto" there are several new trademarks using the word crypto+ keywords.....

How and why is this effecting mine? Should I just resubmit it ? Has this happen to anyone else on their crypto names?

I've had the same for one of my "coin" domains. AFAIK, there wasn't any related business or TM that I could locate. Planning to email them and ask for more details

•••
I got the same mail a few days ago. Mine was keyword +ethereum
So, ethereum is definitely trademarked. But words like Crypto and coin are not. So your situation might be a little different to OP and what I posted in my previous comment

•••
So, ethereum is definitely trademarked. But words like Crypto and coin are not. So your situation might be a little different to OP and what I posted in my previous comment
I have some other ethereum names listed with godaddy and no issues

•••
I have some other ethereum names listed with godaddy and no issues

I don't doubt that. They review/approval process is fairly inconsistent and all over the place. That said, the keyword ethereum in a domain is risky. IIRC, the eth foundation does go after domains with that word in the domain name and related to crypto currencies via UDRPs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back