IT.COM

question GoDaddy refund after 45 days? NP! VERIFY?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Help NP!

I thought I was screwed thee other day!
As you all may know I was in the hospital around the holidays or recovering. Wasn't really "domaining like a boss" at the time around Dec 25. was loopy on pain meds.

There were some domains that I had set to NOT RENEW but upon checking days after their expiration dates. I saw they had been renewed and in my account they were set to auto-renew! AND the worst part? I was past the 5 day grace period.

So I figured I was screwed! But today I called my registrar Cheapdomain aka WildWestDomains which is a reseller for Godaddy so that means they have the same refund policy and spoke to a very helpful lady THIS TIME AROUND ( the other lady was just inadequate. All she kept saying was I was past due on my "grace period" of 5 days. so no refund.)

She told me that I had 45 days from the date of payment for renewal to get a refund so long as it was not a first time reg or a manual renewal.

Seems as though if you set a domain to auto-renew and you want to delete you get 45 days grace period to get a refund.

really odd I think? almost too good to be TRUE!

this is why I had to ask Namepros to confirm all this.

is this true? I asked her to send me the refund policy and she emailed me this link.

check it out.

https://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=19963&prog_id=PROG_ID

I've read it and I'm convinced I do have 45 days. so the domains I did not want renewed back in Dec 25 she said I could delete for refund.

But I don't trust it. force of habit.

Can someone please confirm and ease my mind on this? I don't want to delete domains that I won't be getting refunds on. I'm sure you all understand this. I have some typo domains that I did not plan on renewing among others.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I cant confirm it applies to all resellers. We have a couple types of resellers some are able to do their own support and some are not. Your best bet is to contact the support channel on the website.
u

thanks for the advice. I will contact them again tomorrow. but I will have 1 delete from December 1st 2016 that should have been set to not renew but it did. and if that one is refunded then I will proceed.

not about to go starting deleting all the domains that should have been deleted without first knowing the refund works.

Thanks again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back