Dynadot

news GoDaddy plans to acquire Google, Apple and Firefox in next merger

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enterscope

Domain InvestmentsTop Member
Impact
You will never escape Godaddy, NEVER! Muhahahaha

This post is just satire obviously, but seriously is that outside of Godaddy's reach in the near future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally, I don't think this will happen

•••
That will be in the year 2045.
It make more sense if Google or Apple buy Godaddy.

•••
"No, I buy you out, you don't buy me out." - Moe Greene (Godfather 1)

Last edited:
•••
Only apple GoDaddy is going to buy are the ones from the super markets & grocery stores LOL.

Joke apart, I don't mind GoDaddy, I've sold domains on their network. So I'm OK with them as long as there are other businesses with alternative solutions. Since domaining is a worldwide phenomenon, it doesn't matter how many businesses GoDaddy acquires, there'll always be alternatives coming up to fill the voids.

Also, I don't think GoDaddy will ever be able to acquire the likes of Google & Apple, not even in a million years. If they do after a million years, please send me a PM :-P

Firefox is the one GoDaddy have the ability to acquire, but I think they will not - it doesn't suite their business interest. Besides, I don't think Mozilla Foundation will ever sell Firefox to GoDaddy either, it doesn't go with their "Non-Profit" status.

On the other hand, Google & Apple individually can acquire GoDaddy with ease. Since as per macrotrends.net:
GoDaddy net worth as of July 15, 2022 is $11.48B.
Alphabet net worth as of July 15, 2022 is $1472.11B.
Apple net worth as of July 15, 2022 is $2430.53B.

But I don't think they will, they probably have different business models from GoDaddy.

Having said that, Google does have domains.google service. So I wouldn't bet on that one :xf.smile:

So, perhaps Alphabet (Google's parent company) will acquire both Firefox and GoDaddy. Personally, I don't believe that'll be the case in the near future, but at least, that's a more like scenario :unsure:

•••
Let a phisher get ahold of one of their domains or an expiration... Godaddy will reign supreme.

•••
Doesnt matter. If u have the collateral and the funds either by assets bank or loan if that equals or is more you can attempt to buy anything.

•••
Which reminds me of the no monopoly rule in the usa. Base of operations is important too in making a monopoly of it.

•••
Maybe Godaddy plans to buy Verisign. :unsure:

•••
•••
Godaddy+Google -> Godle

Godaddy + Apple -> Gopple

PS why firefox though? ) You could have just said aquires Google, Apple and Mom&Pop shop ))

•••
I heard rumors of that rumor (at the top of this page) but then the Mergers team couldn't read the emails from the Acquisitions team (only a fluke it worked last time; obviously different silos). While they were waiting a period not-to-exceed-45 days for a response from a service manager the call was dropped. They had to start again with the explanation of their goal and technology challenges with a junior tech who was on loan from another department and had to look up each point in the knowledgebase. The KB was hosted on GoDaddy managed WordPress server and was down for an hour and a half (well under the 98% uptime promise, so not a problem). After about 4 hours on the phone with support, they were transferred to another department because the KB said there was a recent change in the phone tree options for improved staff efficiency. After explaining the issue again to a really friendly guy named Bob with a strong accent, it was discovered with certainty that the phone tree change was in 1998 and the knowledgebase was never updated. Bob remembers submitting a ticket for that to be updated quarterly since then (he worked in that department before being transferred) but the system won't let him respond to the message if it's still an issue because his email address changed (too many people were direct emailing him from his prior department because he was the only one who knew how to detangle the 1997 dejigamafierer) and it would be a breach of security to assist someone who had a password, PIN, security answers, invoices, and DNA type of the alleged user when the email addresses didn't match. Bob would be happy to transfer them to another extension. Anyhow, long story short, the team assigned to the project all went drinking. But not overmuch because they all had to learn new departments in the morning. Their prior roles were moved into the new, more profitable, domain domination department in the morning and they had new email signatures to set up. /s

•••
I have had a dotcom with Godaddy their control panel is unfriendly and no option for approval fast transfer away.
No idea why do they still succeed.

•••
•••
I will acquire Bank of International Settlements after I acquire World Bank

Too low profit for me, but low profit is still profit

•••
You will never escape Godaddy, NEVER! Muhahahaha

This post is just satire obviously, but seriously is that outside of Godaddy's reach in the near future?
Waiting for DropCatch /Park plus either DNJournal / DomainSherpa / Namebio /Crunch.id to be approached as GoDaddy looks to "broaden and consolidate" it's media and data business.

•••
Waiting for DropCatch /Park plus either DNJournal / DomainSherpa / Namebio /Crunch.id to be approached as GoDaddy looks to "broaden and consolidate" it's media and data business.
Plot twist: those companies are godaddy partners...
More.. Godaddy is icann

Domain:
icann.org

Registrar:
GoDaddy.com, LLC

Registered On:
1998-09-14

Expires On:
2027-12-07

Updated On:
2020-09-24

clientDeleteProhibited
serverDeleteProhibited
clientRenewProhibited
serverRenewProhibited
clientTransferProhibited
serverTransferProhibited
clientUpdateProhibited
serverUpdateProhibited

Name Servers:
ns.icann.org
a.icann-servers.net
b.icann-servers.net
c.icann-servers.net

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back