Dynadot

GoDaddy NOT Unlocking Domains and NOT Sending Out Codes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just checking out if anyone else is experiencing this problems with Godaddy.

I have unlocked a domain over 1 hour ago and it still shows the lock on and pending update.
Also no matter how many times I click on sending code I am not receiving the emails with the code.

To make sure it was not a glitch I have unlocked another name and same story.

The problem is that my buyer has already paid for the domain and I would really like to complete this transaction.

Just wondering...is Godaddy taking over our accounts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep had the same issues for a number of my domains.
Eventually they arrived though for most domains although some I think I had to request again to receive the codes.

There is an issue here that has been going on for a while.

•••
Yep had the same issues for a number of my domains.
Eventually they arrived though for most domains although some I think I had to request again to receive the codes.

There is an issue here that has been going on for a while.

Thanks. It would be appreciated if GD informed us and maybe did something to solve the problem.
Maybe it's another reason to transfer out.

•••
All their stuff is a little bugged today. - Getting me sketchy, my pushes took like an hour or so but they go through

•••
These bugs and issues at GD seem to be happening more often these days or I am I being paranoid here?

•••
I have a problem too. I can't push my domain to another GD account more than 1 hour :(

•••
These bugs and issues at GD seem to be happening more often these days or I am I being paranoid here?

I must be paranoid too as I have to admit that I am getting a bit suspicious too...let alone annoyed, very annoyed

•••
you think a company this big and profitable will risk everything to try and cheat on some unlocking procedures.

imagine someone running a busisness where you install toilets made of gold for richest people in the world... and you steal some toilet paper while you're at it.

why why why. dont dont dont.

Last edited:
•••
I couldn't log into my domains manager last night, it said down for maintenance.

Maybe the update didn't go as they thought.

•••
I got two separate emails from Godaddy.

The first one said the domain expired and was cancelled...but ...it didn't say which domain it is !

The other one suggested that I press "the button below" to confirm Afternic for a domain.....but....the button was missing !!!

•••
I was also wandering if you guys have also noticed how transferring out has become very complicated.

I mean, you have to log in, accept the transfer then, if you do not want to wait for 5+ days, you have to write an email to I don't remember who and basically confirm the confirmation so that finally, maybe, you get the domain transferred in a timely manner...

•••

I have unlocked a domain over 1 hour ago and it still shows the lock on and pending update.
Also no matter how many times I click on sending code I am not receiving the emails with the code.

The problem is that my buyer has already paid for the domain and I would really like to complete this transaction.

At various times I have had that problem too, but it eventually comes through.

Other problems, like logging in with 2-factor, takes forever to get a code sometimes. Other times it takes forever for their auctions page to load. I think its all related somehow - overburdened system maybe? Weather related problems where those particular servers are?

I wish GoDaddy would create a system status page like Apple, Google, others have.

Do you have an account rep to contact and ask?

•••
I was also wandering if you guys have also noticed how transferring out has become very complicated.

I mean, you have to log in, accept the transfer then, if you do not want to wait for 5+ days, you have to write an email to I don't remember who and basically confirm the confirmation so that finally, maybe, you get the domain transferred in a timely manner...

Hmmm I don't remember any emails being required, but you need to go to Transfers->Incoming/Outgoing and Accept to speed things up.

•••
Do you have an account rep to contact and ask?

In my understanding unless you are a VIP customer you do not have anyone to call/ask.

•••
Hmmm I don't remember any emails being required, but you need to go to Transfers->Incoming/Outgoing and Accept to speed things up.

Yep, that was BEFORE...now you have to email the transfer department.

•••

Could simply be bad (or no) testing of new software / updates..
In my understanding unless you are a VIP customer you do not have anyone to call/ask.

Didnt know if you were VIP with them or not... Have you tried to contact customer service?

•••
•••
We are not taking over anyone's account. Sometimes account changes take a bit longer than normal for varous reasons. Maintenance or back end changes, or large trasnfers, say an extra 100k names moving around etc puts things in line a bit longer.

•••
Today One of my domain got vanished from domain manager which I had to push to afternic account.
Contacted with chat support and get it resolved but wasted a lot of time.

•••
We are not taking over anyone's account. Sometimes account changes take a bit longer than normal for varous reasons. Maintenance or back end changes, or large trasnfers, say an extra 100k names moving around etc puts things in line a bit longer.

You say sometimes I say often. And it seems many have been having various problems.

If you are not taking over then how about trying to fix the well known issues and give your customers a better service and/or quick ways to communicate with GD that do not involve calling?

I, being outside the US, do not have any chat option ( well, unless I am not logged in and I want to register a domain, in that case the chat pop up appears very punctual ) and emails have a timeframe of 72 hours, if they are not escalated. When that happens good luck.

Last edited:
•••
Another lovely email form GD...

Product expiration notice
One or more items in your account have expired. Renew the item(s) today to avoid any disruption of services.

Products at risk
.COM Domain Renewal

Expires: 10/6/2016
Add FREE Auto Renew:
Term: 1 Year
Total: €8.43**
.COM Domain Renewal

Expires: 10/6/2016
Add FREE Auto Renew:
Term: 1 Year
Total: €8.43**

•••

Come on, Joe! You're acting like GoDaddy is a well-known registrar housing millions of domains. Keep dreaming!

:xf.wink:

•••
I have unlocked a domain about 4 hours ago and received the auth code within minutes... no problems at all.

That's a Conspiracy Channel worthy post. Man, it's 2016 FFS !

•••
I have to say I've never had any problems with GoDaddy. Transfered a name out last week and the whole process from unlocking, getting code, accepting transfer request and the name appearing in other another registrar account took less than an hour which is speedy enough for me. Just wanted to even the balance in here.

•••

SAME PROBLEM AS OF THIS TIMESTAMP.... domain to be unlocked continues to show "pending delete" and no codes emailed as requested

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back