Dynadot

GoDaddy NOT Unlocking Domains and NOT Sending Out Codes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just checking out if anyone else is experiencing this problems with Godaddy.

I have unlocked a domain over 1 hour ago and it still shows the lock on and pending update.
Also no matter how many times I click on sending code I am not receiving the emails with the code.

To make sure it was not a glitch I have unlocked another name and same story.

The problem is that my buyer has already paid for the domain and I would really like to complete this transaction.

Just wondering...is Godaddy taking over our accounts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have unlocked a domain about 4 hours ago and received the auth code within minutes... no problems at all.

have to say I've never had any problems with GoDaddy. Transfered a name out last week and the whole process from unlocking, getting code, accepting transfer request and the name appearing in other another registrar account took less than an hour which is speedy enough for me. Just wanted to even the balance in here.

That's what I have experienced with GD for many of my transfers. Things have changed, at least for me, in the past few months where I haven't transferred out much so I know that I have had repeated issues/hiccups/delays.

•••
I have had this exact same issue over there. I try to stay away from them, because of their awful user interface and their exhausting upselling practices. The only time I wind up at GoDaddy is when I get domains in NP auctions. I literally got one transferred just this morning that expired today. It took 4 months of attempts.

•••
•••
I'm able to log in, push and transfer very easily.

•••
First time ever, "we are doing maintenance" sign the other day, I got over it

•••
@Joe Styler can you address/ confirm whether customers must now, in order to expedite transfers out, email the "Transfer Dept."?

I was not aware of any such change.

Last edited:
•••

In more ways than one i get this message other day.

We have billed your Visa card ending with the last two digits: xx for the amount of $xx. Your product(s) includes enrollment in our automatic renewal service. This keeps your products up and running by automatically charging the then-current renewal fees to your payment method on file just before they're set to expire, with no further action on your part. You may cancel this service at any time by turning off the auto-renewal feature in your GoDaddy account.

So I have again removed my credit card details but still managed to subscribe.
Seems a name just can't expire all on it's own you must delete it before the renewal date. As they feel somehow they are doing you a favor auto renewing.
You couldn't let a crap name drop if tried.

•••
I transferred a domain out yesterday and had no issues... done in less than 30 minutes.

•••
The transfer ( out ) process is the following ( at lest for me )

- reply to an email coming from transferverify ( [email protected] ) to confirm the confirmation and expedite the transfer as apparently logging in and accepting is not enough anymore ( in the meantime hours have passed... )
- hours later the transfer is till showing pending ( but I understand time zones.. )

So for all those who had 30 min transfers out GOOD ON YOU! It would be very professional from GD to let us know if there are any country related delays or security mechanisms in place or if it just a matter of luck?

@forge

•••
@Joe Styler can you address/ confirm whether customers must now, in order to expedite transfers out, email the "Transfer Dept."?

I was not aware of any such change.
No need to contact the transfer team except in very rare cases.

•••

In more ways than one i get this message other day.

We have billed your Visa card ending with the last two digits: xx for the amount of $xx. Your product(s) includes enrollment in our automatic renewal service. This keeps your products up and running by automatically charging the then-current renewal fees to your payment method on file just before they're set to expire, with no further action on your part. You may cancel this service at any time by turning off the auto-renewal feature in your GoDaddy account.

So I have again removed my credit card details but still managed to subscribe.
Seems a name just can't expire all on it's own you must delete it before the renewal date. As they feel somehow they are doing you a favor auto renewing.
You couldn't let a crap name drop if tried.
You just have to turn off auto renew. You can see if a name has auto renew on or off by looking in the list of domains in your domain control center in your account. You can also see if in the renewing items section of your account. If you turn it off we won't renew it.

•••
The transfer ( out ) process is the following ( at lest for me )

- reply to an email coming from transferverify to confirm the confirmation and expedite the transfer as apparently logging in and accepting is not enough anymore ( in the meantime hours have passed... )
- hours later the transfer is till showing pending ( but I understand time zones.. )

So for all those who had 30 min transfers out GOOD ON YOU! It would be very professional from GD to let us know if there are any country related delays or security mechanisms in place or if it just a matter of luck?

@forge
Most transfers happen quickly, some are delayed for various reasons but that would be a rare case.

•••
I find when trying to transfer out and use one of my domain names email addresses I never get the code, however switching to hotmail email addresse i get it in minutes.
Just requested code and transferred out a .com whole process took 30 minutes

•••
Most transfers happen quickly, some are delayed for various reasons but that would be a rare case.

Are you telling me that pretty much ALL my last transfers are a rare case?

I have now received another email from transferverify saying that as I have confirmed the transfer to them I can now log in and accept it from my account if I have not done it already... Does that mean that transferverify does not have a clue if and when I have or haven't accepted the transfer in my account? Do they simply send out emails for the sake of delaying the process or what?

I think that a more detailed explanation that goes beyond what you said above is due at this point and/or if it something related to my account or world area I would like to be contacted privately.

•••
Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the transfer of ***.COM. To authorize this transfer, please respond to this email and confirm if you wish to allow the transfer to occur.

If we do not receive a response within 5 days, the transfer will automatically be approved.

Kind Regards,

Transfer Verify | GoDaddy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your response regarding the transfer. Since you have verified the transfer, you are free to acknowledge it from within the account if you have not already. For help with this step, review the article below:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Support:

• Chat: https://www.godaddy.com/help

• Call: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Kind Regards,

•••
I would say about 8 out of 10 names that I try to transfer away from Godaddy I have a ridiculous time getting my Auth code. I have complained about this to GD through chat and on the phone probably 10 times now. Infuriating.

•••
Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the transfer of ***.COM. To authorize this transfer, please respond to this email and confirm if you wish to allow the transfer to occur.

If we do not receive a response within 5 days, the transfer will automatically be approved.

Kind Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank you for your response regarding the transfer. Since you have verified the transfer, you are free to acknowledge it from within the account if you have not already. For help with this step, review the article below:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

If you need further assistance, please contact Customer Support:

• Chat: https://www.godaddy.com/help

• Call: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx

Kind Regards,

This actually looks like a better step, even added to 2FA, to prevent domain theft. The infiltrator would need both your GoDaddy info as well as access to the email account.

Why all the complaining?

But, I'll jump on the "I hate [this] about GoDaddy" bandwagon now too. I dislike that they've become politically correct by removing the glorification of the female figure, ie, GoDaddy girls. Though, from a business standpoint, they're probably doing better by attracting new market segments.

•••
WHY!!!!!! godaddy , namesilo a lot cheaper in fact a drop over godaddy discount club for .com and $8 cheaper than their regular price, also the .org is at least couple bucks cheaper than their domain discount club price. Throw in free privacy for everything ,and you have a no brainer here. Someone is going to print a big article soon in all forums thats gonna hurt godaddy bigtime, they really couldent give two -hits anymore for the customers that got them here,also godaddy competitors have grace periods of 30-40 days ,godaddy is only 14-18 and 25 for premier services,last week I salvaged a domain at dynadot on the 39th day for 10.99 regular price ,at godaddy it would have been over 90 bucks with renewal

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you- nice to know this alternative exists, it would have been nice if this option was offered to me like 8 months ago by any number of different reps.

•••
You just have to turn off auto renew. You can see if a name has auto renew on or off by looking in the list of domains in your domain control center in your account. You can also see if in the renewing items section of your account. If you turn it off we won't renew it.

I definitely turned off auto renew and I get this email on next expired.
So If i didn't remove credit card info I would have renewed a name I wanted to drop. This is my point the title of the email in RED reading Renewal failure notice off topic perhaps but is a gripe.
The name is expired and still sitting in my account and assume now will drop out after a week unless I delete the name out. Why would I get a renewal failure notice when name wasn't set to auto renew?

Renewal failure notice

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx,

Mistakes happen. Credit cards expire. That's why we're contacting you. To make sure your products renew. Update your payment information now.

While you're there, make sure all your products are set to auto-renew. It's the best, easiest and free way to avoid a lapse in service or cancellation.

To cancel, disregard this email. Remember, cancelled domain names may be released for anyone to register. All related data – website files, emails, databases, etc. – will be removed from our servers.
spc_trans.gif

Last edited:
•••
This seems strange, it may be the email wording or something else going on here but if you can pm me the domain name I can look into it and see what is happening. Thanks

•••
B-) I've never had a problem with GoDaddy. I've had all my domains and websites there for more than six years.

•••
This has happened to me for at least a few months now. I request the auth code from GD for an unlocked name and NEVER receive one. Have to use the transfer out option instead to get a code sent.

•••
Go daddy will send out code ,but the day your domain expires it will be an incorrect code. Try this yourself and see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back