NameSilo

GoDaddy NOT Unlocking Domains and NOT Sending Out Codes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just checking out if anyone else is experiencing this problems with Godaddy.

I have unlocked a domain over 1 hour ago and it still shows the lock on and pending update.
Also no matter how many times I click on sending code I am not receiving the emails with the code.

To make sure it was not a glitch I have unlocked another name and same story.

The problem is that my buyer has already paid for the domain and I would really like to complete this transaction.

Just wondering...is Godaddy taking over our accounts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Renewal failure notice

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx,

Mistakes happen. Credit cards expire. That's why we're contacting you. To make sure your products renew. Update your payment information now.

While you're there, make sure all your products are set to auto-renew. It's the best, easiest and free way to avoid a lapse in service or cancellation.

To cancel, disregard this email. Remember, cancelled domain names may be released for anyone to register. All related data – website files, emails, databases, etc. – will be removed from our servers.
spc_trans.gif

I also received this with auto renewal set off. We need to understand if GoDaddy is actually trying to run the cards, if not then the email is very misleading...

•••
I had the exact same problems with GD. I was trying to transfer OUT, but I would never get the "out". Don't know if they are set up the same way, but in 2010, '11 & '12 they blamed Domains By Proxy for the lock issue. The problem was that if you looked up under the Secretary of State at the time (AZ), GD was Domains by Proxy. Total scam. My original registration of a number of domains was not going to GD, but that is where they were locked tight. Advertisers were parked and they made money during this battle. I lost a couple domains through it and saw them being auctioned. One was at 75K or higher. Since, GD reorganized and also is now registered out of Delaware. I was surprised to see the same issues. Does Domains by Proxy still exist? BTW, I don't do anything with GD since that $ what they cost me but I have recently been getting e-mails from them.... ???

•••
Reviving this thread as things have clearly not changed or improved.

I am in the process of transferring out one of my 4L and GD is acting like they always do. They delay that type of transfers to the end of time..IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH 4L.

I have already approved, expedited, re-confirmed with transferverify, written to @Joe Styler ..2 days have passed and my name has not moved yet.

•••
unlock domain first ,,,,,,auth code has to be done 2 times ,first one don't count for some reason , Got to jump through hoops if you want to leave

•••
Reviving this thread as things have clearly not changed or improved.

I am in the process of transferring out one of my 4L and GD is acting like they always do. They delay that type of transfers to the end of time..IT ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH 4L.

I have already approved, expedited, re-confirmed with transferverify, written to @Joe Styler ..2 days have passed and my name has not moved yet.
yes they call it theft prevention,I call it ,you XXXXed up our close out sale and cost us 400 bucks ,now you must sweat. But once approved by verisign it will not go into redemption

•••
unlock domain first ,,,,,,auth code has to be done 2 times ,first one don't count for some reason , Got to jump through hoops if you want to leave

I have all my auth codes as I have downloaded them.
It is them slowing and delaying AFTER everything has been approved and expedited from within the account.
I transferred out 3 names together, I approved them in my account: 2 went instantaneously, the only 4L is still there..they do it all the time

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back