Dynadot

GoDaddy, Moniker, Dynadot reviews

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I hear negative things about every domain registrar it seems, and then people who love some other registrars.

So basically I'd like to get some decent opinions from people who've had plenty of experience, and can just give some feedback..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
godaddy - good prices, but the complicate/heavy user interface makes me avoid them

dynadot - best user interface, easy and fast, but prices are a little higher

I'd also recommend namecheap and name.com - they are both very good

I haven't used moniker recently.

•••
Name.com

Sorry..I thought I was creating a new thread!

•••
Moniker

I've heard that Monte Cahn is part of Moniker. If true, I wouldn't trust Moniker for anything, period.

Prior to hearing that Monte Cahn is part of Moniker, I utilized them. They were the second worst registrar I've dealt with. I consider them sneaky, unresponsive when you need a response in a timely fashion, and unprofessional.

•••
I really like dynadot. I am a developer, not a domainer, and find their user interface really facilitates the things I need to do. Their prices come down some if you spend over $500 or $5,000 per year.

I hate all the upsells at GoDaddy. However, I think you can buy a name and have it moved to your account faster there than anywhere else. (Someone correct me if I am wrong about that.)

•••
I've heard that Monte Cahn is part of Moniker. If true, I wouldn't trust Moniker for anything, period.

Prior to hearing that Monte Cahn is part of Moniker, I utilized them. They were the second worst registrar I've dealt with. I consider them sneaky, unresponsive when you need a response in a timely fashion, and unprofessional.

HeyNow – I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from however Monte Cahn was the founder/CEO of Moniker. How can you say Moniker is sneaky, unresponsive and unprofessional when Monte gives his cell phone number out to clients? When was the last time Bob Parson’s gave out his cell phone number to a client?

Why don’t you trust Moniker? How can you say Moniker is the worst registrar you’ve dealt with when we’re one of the top domain name registrars in the industry.

If there is anything I can personally assist you with please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

•••
HeyNow – I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from however Monte Cahn was the founder/CEO of Moniker. How can you say Moniker is sneaky, unresponsive and unprofessional when Monte gives his cell phone number out to clients? When was the last time Bob Parson’s gave out his cell phone number to a client?

Why don’t you trust Moniker? How can you say Moniker is the worst registrar you’ve dealt with when we’re one of the top domain name registrars in the industry.

If there is anything I can personally assist you with please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

1) I got my information from personal experience with Moniker.
2) I can say that I consider Moniker "sneaky" and "unresponsive" because that is my opinion based on past experience.
3) I never asked for Bob Parson's cell phone number, nor Monte Cahn's for that matter. What's that got to do with anything?
4) I never said Moniker is the "worst registrar" I've ever dealt with. Quit putting words in my mouth for me. I said that Moniker is the "second worst" registrar I've ever dealt with.
5) At this point, I am not a Moniker "client" and therefore I do not need your personal assistance, but thanks for the offer. Too bad no one at Moniker offered timely "personal assistance" when I needed it.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Moniker, I have not encountered anything that can be characterized as sneaky but Moniker is definitely unresponsive.

Moniker seems to have a good reputation amongst domainers. However, they may treat larger accounts differently. I only have a few domains left at Moniker and the few times I needed support the response was very slow with my last ticket being completely ignored. Since it appears they are not interested in my business I am transferring out my remaining domains.

I realize you requested information on specific companies but why not consider eNom. If you do not need privacy protection for the majority of your domains, eNom is a good value with a user friendly control panel.

•••

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Regarding Moniker, I have not encountered anything that can be characterized as sneaky but Moniker is definitely unresponsive.

Moniker seems to have a good reputation amongst domainers. However, they may treat larger accounts differently. I only have a few domains left at Moniker and the few times I needed support the response was very slow with my last ticket being completely ignored. Since it appears they are not interested in my business I am transferring out my remaining domains.

I realize you requested information on specific companies but why not consider eNom. If you do not need privacy protection for the majority of your domains, eNom is a good value with a user friendly control panel.

I agree with you. Moniker is unresponsive unless you air your grievances in domainer forums where they stand to lose substantial business, then they trot-out "jrzey girl" to offer great service they should be offering every customer every day. To me it seems they only take you seriously when they think you are a bucks-up player in the industry, or think you participate in domainer forums where bucks-up players lurk, or think you play in their auctions where they make the real bundles of quick cash. Otherwise, IMHO, they consider you a schmuck, and couldn't care less about your yearly renewal fee for a few domains.

Last edited:
•••
Godaddy > Dynadot > Moniker :imho:

•••
Ok, good things:

Godaddy:
- largest registrar
- weekly discount coupons
- very comprehensive range of extensions
- okay security
- option for very secure protection​

PairNic:
- i like this company a lot
- very very clean user interface, much cleaner than NameCheap and Dynadot which many says are the best
- extremely high security possible
- extremely proactive support staff
- free whois (but owner's name is shown)​

Dynadot:
- very transparent price
- extremely prompt in transfers-out
- have grace days for deletion for some domain extensions
- very good support
- very clean interface​

NameCheap:
- very clean interface
- online support
- free whois
- very prompt in reissuing refunds​

Hope these are useful to you.

If you are looking for a $7 - $8 type of pricing, then go for Godaddy, NameCheap, Name, Moniker

If you are looking for a $9 type of pricing, try Dynadot (unless you prepay $500 in which case, Dynadot becomes very competitive)

If you are looking for a $13 - $19 type of pricing, try PairNic (for the same features you will be paying $29 at Moniker or Fabulous, both based on retail pricing). Of course, if you don't need those features, there are cheaper alternatives. Fabulous in particular has extremely cheap pricing if your domains earn $750 per month or you have more than 750 domains. Note: PairNic whois is not as private as Moniker or Fabulous.

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 AM ----------

I hate all the upsells at GoDaddy. However, I think you can buy a name and have it moved to your account faster there than anywhere else. (Someone correct me if I am wrong about that.)

Not to correct but to share my experience.

Godaddy, Moniker, NameCheap, Name are not as fast as Dynadot when it comes to moving domains out of them.

With Dynadot, you can do it as fast as one day.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Just to share, i cancelled a transfer at Moniker. They refunded me for the domain cost but not the whois cost. At the moment, in discussion with them.

So far, their emails' interactions with me has a one business day turnaround time which is okay since they are not on 24 hours. Discounting that, they are quite responsive.

•••
I am having the worst experience With the so called "customer service team" at dynadot. I have never been treated with such rudeness and lack of respect with anyone else on the internet,and basically joking that they can take valuable domains from there customers because they do not meet their rigorous proof of Identification, I can not believe this is there normal way of treating customers,, now they are not even returning my calls or emails, If anyone has an email for someone higher up in Dynadot, I would greatly appreciate it.
I need to get this problem resolved soon, so until then Dynadot buyer beware.

•••
My Dynadot Account Manager has been extremely helpful. Very satisfied with the service I have had from them.

•••
Is this Nino or another person ?

•••
•••
Dynadot is great for me

I have tried a lot of registrars in the last 10 years. Dynadot beats them all.

They are strict and accept no B.S. so that keeps it nice for the rest of us.

Their service has been fast and their interface is nice too.

And a big plus - no upsells or crap or funny wheeler-dealer stuff.

It can take a day or 2 for an answer to come since they do not work 24/7, but that is ok - neither do I.

•••
I have tried a lot of registrars in the last 10 years. Dynadot beats them all.

They are strict and accept no B.S. so that keeps it nice for the rest of us.

Their service has been fast and their interface is nice too.

And a big plus - no upsells or crap or funny wheeler-dealer stuff.

It can take a day or 2 for an answer to come since they do not work 24/7, but that is ok - neither do I.

That's great that you had a positive experience with dynadot,
but since they let - proven - scammers run around there forums
selling stolen domains, I have lost all faith in them.

I still have not received an email reply to ANY of the many emails
I sent regarding this, and it has been months!!!

I guess everyone has a different experience at different times .

•••
Hello mis_chiff,

Well, I don't hang around in their forums at all, so I don't know who is running around in there.

I will mention this though - I bought a few domains from their auctions and listings. Then, after about 6 months, I got a notice that one of these domains were part of a credit card fraud suit that was brought against one of the sellers.

They did not know which domain, since the documents were still on the way.

Naturally, I just about crapped myself at first and shot of an email to their boss. He replied fast and explained what was going on. After about 2 weeks, they had received the full suit details and I was not part of the affected domains.

Some Chinese guys were buying and selling domains with a stolen card.

So I like the part that they were fully transparent in the whole situation and kept the lines of communication open.

So apart from a scare -and an education- everything was well.

Since I could get straight answers from their boss directly, I feel that they have a face ... one of the reasons I trust them ...

•••
That's great that you got the help you needed.
Perhaps if they had of replied in some way shape or form I wouldn't have
such a bad taste about it.

LOL and I don't hang around the forums either, the scammers were,
even posting the info in the scammers threads there had no effect.

I tried to let them know, they just ignored me as far as a response goes,
and I was a customer at the time, that was more disapointing than anything that
they never even acknowledged any of the emails, and just let him run on.

As a registrar they were all right for me, but the lack of response to this just
pushed me away. It's been a while since this happened,
they might have better things in place now.

•••
Hmmm, sad to hear of your troubles.

Crazy, isn't it, that companies cannot keep up the same level of service to everyone?

So you have a hundred customers and they have had experiences that range from "you suck" to "you are great" ...
I noticed that fast.

Oh - yes - posting messages in their forums is a waste of time. I send my messages as replies to the accounting emails ... and these get answered ...

•••
MONIKER - Get Out Wile You Still Can!

If you have pharmaceuticals domain registered with Moniker now is time to transfer them out wile you still can!

I received the email below from them yesterday and they suspended 6 of my domains.

Hello,

Moniker has recently engaged Legit Script as a 3rd party auditor in order to locate domains involved in the illegal online sale of drugs without a prescription and/or the sale of unapproved or falsified medicines.

The domains below have been deactivated and removed from your Moniker account due to a violation of Moniker Terms and conditions as well as violation of The Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy Section 2d. If you feel this decision was made in error, please contact Legit Script at the following email address: Abuse.team(at)legitscript(dot com). The Legit Script team will review your dispute and if it is determine that you are not in violation, your name will be reactivated and returned to your account.

Thank you,

Moniker Legal Team

BTW: if you looking for a registrar that ignores Legit Script I recommend that you use: cndomainsite(dot com) (CN Domain Site)

•••
They don't just suspend them, you are forced to let them expire..

Can't be touched by you at all - registrar will say you can keep the domain if you can clear the status
legitscript says you can't touch it till it expires..

LegitScript is a verification and monitoring service for online pharmacies
but have no legal authority to force the domain to expiration - force the website down, well
jury is still out on that, but ok
- the registrar has the legal right to stop it, however legitscript won't change status till it expires.

I wonder how many names they have pulled off and sent to auction?

•••
BTW: if you looking for a registrar that ignores Legit Script I recommend that you use: cndomainsite(dot com) (CN Domain Site)

Well you started off with a legitimate point but you ended up recommending what looks like a 2 year old reseller of bizcn.com who are a subsidiary of Longtop Financial Technologies Limited who themselves have been investigated and charged by the SEC.

Last edited:
•••
From the point of view of domainer:

1. Dynadot (everything is great)
2. Godaddy (everything is great but stupid 60-days lock after any whois changes).
3. Moniker (fine, but you need to pay for URL forwarding).

•••
What is that 60 days lock after any whois changes ?
Can you still PUSH to another godaddy account then in the first 60 days (but not to another registrar) ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back