Dynadot

GoDaddy, Moniker, Dynadot reviews

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I hear negative things about every domain registrar it seems, and then people who love some other registrars.

So basically I'd like to get some decent opinions from people who've had plenty of experience, and can just give some feedback..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namecheap, Godaddy, Dynadot, and Namesilo are all really good registrars. If your a reseller, Resellerclub, and eNom are good.

•••
What is that 60 days lock after any whois changes ?
Can you still PUSH to another godaddy account then in the first 60 days (but not to another registrar) ?

Sorry for the late reply, just found your question :)

Yes, 60 days lock works only for transfers to other registrar. Pushes to another GD accounts are possible all the time.

•••
I use GoDaddy for my domain registration, though i'm not proud of it. Every time I buy a domain, the price for the domain changes. The main reason I stay with GoDaddy is because they have cheap hosting for unlimited domains. I do like Name.com on the other hand. They have $10.00 domain registrations that stay a consistent price. Downside to Name.com is expensive and limited hosting.

•••
My site is registered with Moniker. Unfortunately my webmaster had to have emergency brain surgery so he's been in the ICU for 10 days. Just as he went in, someone made a harassment complaint because their phone number was in their negative review on the site (the same number which is in reviews on several other sites, on their Backpage ad, etc.). Unfortunately since he was hospitalized, the webmaster didn't immediately answer the email from Moniker. 2 days later, they disabled the DNS for our site. I called them and they said they would only deal with the webmaster. Ok, fine - I wrote an email and got the webmaster in the ICU to send it on Wednesday. We got a reply on Friday at 5AM that the issue was resolved. It's now Saturday at 8:23PM (almost 40 hours later) and DNS still not resolving.

Last edited:
•••
I use GoDaddy for my domain registration, though i'm not proud of it. Every time I buy a domain, the price for the domain changes. The main reason I stay with GoDaddy is because they have cheap hosting for unlimited domains. I do like Name.com on the other hand. They have $10.00 domain registrations that stay a consistent price. Downside to Name.com is expensive and limited hosting.

A word from the wise. You should never keep your domain registrations and hosting with the same companies. I can't even remember the number of times I've repeated this. Although there can be disputes between customers and registrars, it is much more common to have disputes over hosting. And hosting companies are usually not lax in following their ToS. Which after all, is what it's for. Which almost always includes no access to your account. For both hosting AND domains. So. You should ALWAYS have your hosting and domains with separate, unrelated companies. Because if a dispute arises with your hosting, your domains are safe, and you can open another hosting account with a new host, and just point your domains to your new host. WHICH YOU CANNOT DO IF YOU DONT HAVE ACCESS TO YOU DOMAINS. The flipside of this, of course, is you should never get into a dispute with your registrar which, even might, cause them to close your account.

This is still as true today as it's been since registers and hosts have existed.

•••
My site is registered with Moniker. Unfortunately my webmaster had to have emergency brain surgery so he's been in the ICU for 10 days. Just as he went in, someone made a harassment complaint because their phone number was in their negative review on the site (the same number which is in reviews on several other sites, on their Backpage ad, etc.). Unfortunately since he was hospitalized, the webmaster didn't immediately answer the email from Moniker. 2 days later, they disabled the DNS for our site. I called them and they said they would only deal with the webmaster. Ok, fine - I wrote an email and got the webmaster in the ICU to send it on Wednesday. We got a reply on Friday at 5AM that the issue was resolved. It's now Saturday at 8:23PM (almost 40 hours later) and DNS still not resolving.

What do you expect. It's Moniker. A failing or failed registrar. I'd find another registrar for you domains, as soon as possible. YMMV (of course).

•••
Site is still up. You just have to access by IP because of DNS issue.

We were first page on Google search results on over 1,000 search terms and now zero. I'm hoping this will get resolved after DNS is fixed but have no idea how long it will take.

Last edited:
•••
Moniker is trouble. Not only is their interface terrible and often unworkable, many domains have been stolen at Moniker. Leave there asap.

•••
Just Like Godaddy and Dynadot.very good Registar..:xf.smile:

•••
•••
many domains have been stolen at Moniker.
Do you have proof? Source?

I left Moniker for a long while. But recently they have competitive pricing for a ccTLD, so I'm back with them and so far the experience has been just fine. I also found their phone support to be courteous, helpful and knowledgeable and had my issue resolved quickly.

•••
Do you have proof? Source?

Lots of coverage of this huge Moniker problem:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/moniker-is-done.834723/

http://dotweekly.com/telepathy-moving-domains-moniker-com/

Where Moniker say themselves:
In addition to suspicious activity, there have been brute force attacks against Moniker accounts resulting in unauthorized domain name transfers. Our staff is working diligently to identify instances of unauthorized transfers and to revert them as soon as possible.

http://domaingang.com/domain-news/domain-theft-one-domain-stolen-moniker-returned-rightful-owner/

http://onlinedomain.com/2015/09/07/domain-name-news/jothan-frakes-in-charge-of-moniker/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/avoid-moniker-com-one-domain-stolen-our-account-frozen.838820/

I transfered out any domains I had there, and that was not easy.

Last edited:
•••
Never trust Moniker.

I tried to transfer a .com domain name from Moniker to Porkbun and it was denied. No support. Moniker is the worst company in entire domain name industry.

I am trying to transfer a domain name but every time is locked (rejected by the losing registrar).

I contacted Moniker by phone since August 2019 to Sep. 2019 to transfer a domain name to another registrar (Porkbun). They said that everything is fine and they let allow the transfer.

In November 2019 they sent an email asking for paying an invoice of $USD 10.32 claiming that I was a debtor.

I am a person who pays the bills and I don't like being on duty.

I've been harmed and I can not use my domain since it comes into the hands of this lawless company.

So Never Trust Moniker for domain name registration because they are very below the competition and practice higher prices. Porkbun have the same cost for registration and transfer .com domain names: $USD 8.56 and also 1 domain name free Per User 1st Year Sale for only $4.00 and they are friendly and attentive both in support phone calls and emails (unlike Moniker that take "centuries" to respond to emails and phone calls and never solve any problem, anything).

I will keep trying to transfer from Moniker to Porkbun and probably I will have to report to ICANN.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back