Dynadot

GoDaddy, Is Being Dishonest!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ZapNano

:(Top Member
Impact
I would like to share this unpleasant experienced I have with Godaddy.com. And I was wondering if you can relate this experienced.

Current Issues: I have returned 2 domain names.
Prices: $70.11 & $35.59

Date Returned: 4/18/16 $70.11
4/16/16 $35.59

Godaddy Stated that both itmes was being refunded on tha date mentioned above. And I should get me refund within 2 to 3 business day.

Payment was thru direct from my bank account; so the funds is live. So when I purshased a domain, they will get their money right away.

Problem: I finally received a refund for $70.11 on the 4/29/16 for a good ten days stretch!
The $35.59 never recieve.

Note: I have contacted Godaddy support several times about this issues; they all told me that they have refunded me for both items. And they no longer have the funds in their position.

My Bank: so when my bank confronted the godaddy stories; Godaddy changed their alibis. They now said they never refunded me the $35.59, they were canceled.

@Joe Styler @Joe Styler please I want the truth!! I have spent too much time on this issues. I don't like to play games, and other transsction have been affected by this Goddady way of doing thing!!

Sincerely,

ZapNano

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are getting closer to resolve this issue. This is a matter of principle. Will post the out come of this issues. So be cool ...
You're lucky that @Joe Styler is taking time to help you out.... I can guaranty you wouldn't get this kind of support at another registrar.

It also doesn't seem like you are very grateful for his help.

•••
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I am looking into the refunds. We did refund the money and will trace the funds to see where they are. I have been exchanging PM's with her and she has seen the one refund in her bank so we are looking into the other one. It normally takes banks a day or two to respond.

Why GoDaddy vs Uniregistry? Why not GoDaddy, we have an excellent source of domains to invest in through our exclusive expired domain inventory on auctions.godaddy.com. Once you pick up those names you can access the largest sales channel through Afternic which gets your domains in front of millions of end users looking for those names in hundreds of places such as Network Solutions, Enom, HiChina, GoDaddy, etc. We sell 10's of thousands of Aftermarket domains per month. We also offer for sale landers, excellent brokers, and top notch security. I could go on, but I don't see any reason not to use us if you want to make money with your domains. You can buy good aged domains and resell them in one place.

•••
Can you pm me your account info so I can check what happened?

•••
Someone needs to take a chill pill and slow down.

Why do people think godaddy is out to cheat them?

I would love to see this in the complete transactions, etc.
Just to see what OP actually did or did not do.

•••
I'm not aware of us paying anyone late or refunding anyone differently on auctions. We have been doing refunds the same way on those auctions since I started in the department over 7 years ago. Almost all payments are automated and the only delays would be bank delays such as holidays, weekends, etc when banks are closed, or how quickly the bank can clear the money.

•••
Godaddy did a few payment mistakes with me in the past. Support corrected it, but I now really keep track of refunds. Past mistakes were same as you, never actually gave a refund they said they did. Other issue, only refunded me the bid price and did not refund renewal price of a transaction they cancelled. Again, all was corrected, but I now have to watch credit card statements for refunds.

•••
I have called Godaddy, severals times; and they stood up their stories; until my bank confronted Godaddy. My bank does not hold funds!

I think Joe will look in to the issue for you. It's nice to have a rep that will do this here at NP, when members are having issues.

Last edited:
•••
Such renewal-cases (or more exactly: games with expired domains by some domainers and domain companies) are traditional for GoDaddy and Dynadot...
No any problems on expired auctions at name.com - the domain is 100% yours and instantly...

•••
Several weeks ago we (many Non US residents) raised the issue of GD not having as Paypal as Payee ie: (Proceeds from Auctions / Sales to be paid to the Seller) . Until now no one heard anything about it. I mean lets be real , how many members / domainers here are from non US ?? Hundreds ?? how many GD Sales / Auctions are below 500$ ? a very big chunk. Banks charges / wire transfer for low proceed after commisions / charges affect these sales on GD platform. They should seriously conssider it.
This is a Win win situation for GD if they re-implement it.

ref to this post:https://www.namepros.com/threads/add-paypal-as-payee-for-godaddy-auctions.916608/

@ZapNano My Apologize for the tangent on your Thread..

•••
My analysis is godaddy is honest. Look at the support you received from them, actually speaking to a bank representative. You'll get your money back, I would be very upset if it happened to me.
Thanks for updating
And thanks to Joe, what you do for us here goes a long way in us having trust in godaddy
I think godaddy should issue a $1 promo code and call it "joestyler"
Godaddy is the best @Michael Ehrhardt its to bad their not the cheapest,

•••
Yeah, I've had my own issues with GoDaddy over the years -- significant enough that I'd sworn off completely, UNTIL I started domaining. It's a little hard to stay completely away in this field.
I concur... Totally...

•••
•••
%%- Congratulations and nice to have Joe around! -%%

•••
@Joe Styler how about fixing Godaddy.com?

So many bugs lately. For last hour plus cannot access admin panel (there is a thread on this here on NP) and need to make urgent changes :(

•••
@Joe Styler
Please also tell when .PRO (gTLD-2004) will be supported by GD-aftermarket... how many years you need???

•••
Someone needs to take a chill pill and slow down.

Why do people think godaddy is out to cheat them?

I would love to see this in the complete transactions, etc.
Just to see what OP actually did or did not do.
Maybe b/c this issue happens more often then not... To multiple accounts...

•••
You're lucky that @Joe Styler is taking time to help you out.... I can guaranty you wouldn't get this kind of support at another registrar.
I get this kind of support even on weekends at Epik... and from Rob Monster (Founder & CEO)...

Last edited:
•••
I disagree. It seems like Zapnano is appreciative of Joe's efforts, but she is angry that the support guy was claiming it is paid, but once bank got involved they immediately reversed what they were saying.
That or the support person doesn't know how to respond to such a situation. Heh, I know I didn't when I first encountered that situation until I learned---the hard way at that.

Meantime, folks, Joe from Go Daddy responded to ZapNano's issue. Time will tell how this one goes.

•••

It also doesn't seem like you are very grateful for his help.
For you, I don't blamed you if you feel this way. However, you are not in my shoe to feel what I feel. And you don't have all the information about Joe and I conversation via PM. Just like I said we are getting closer to solve the issue. At this point, there were some discrepancies from godaddy side which has led me to post this issue on here. This discripancies was being recognized by Joe. In any event, I have to do more work from my end, to get godaddy name out of this. So, take easy on me and be cool. Joe has done extraordinary job, on my finding where is the discripancy came from. And he has received my messages for doing this and that. Godaddy, has found the right person for the job!! And that is @Joe Styler. I was going to save all these messages later, but here it is; coming from my heart.

•••
Maybe b/c this issue happens more often then not... To multiple accounts...
Yeah, I've had my own issues with GoDaddy over the years -- significant enough that I'd sworn off completely, UNTIL I started domaining. It's a little hard to stay completely away in this field.

•••
Joe sent it thru my bank, while he was talking to the bank; yesterday. And I think it will take 2 to 3 days to cleared.
Did you get an apology (or compensation in the form of a coupon or the like) for the inconvenience caused and monies lost with regard to calls, time, etc.?

•••
Did you get an apology (or compensation in the form of a coupon or the like) for the inconvenience caused and monies lost with regard to calls, time, etc.?
Yes; Joe has apologized for some godaddy support way of handling things. Like I said he did acknowledged that area of failure.
In terms of compensation, coupon and the like; no I did not get that. I DO NOT need that. It was more of principle and finding the truth; to where is the discripancy came from. This is more important to me; as surely does not want to happened this again to me and to others. So, I would suggest if you are returning an item or items, check your refunds.

•••
What were your purchases. From the looks of the amounts these were nGTLD's. Or were they something else? How many domains were involved? It does seem strange that they refunded one and not the other. Asking them for their banks tracking numbers for both payments, so your bank can trace their banks payments.

•••
How about some more details?
All we hear is accusations. Hand reg? Auction? What extensions?
We believe you but need details to maybe prevent this from happening to others

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back