IT.COM

GoDaddy, Is Being Dishonest!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ZapNano

:(Top Member
Impact
I would like to share this unpleasant experienced I have with Godaddy.com. And I was wondering if you can relate this experienced.

Current Issues: I have returned 2 domain names.
Prices: $70.11 & $35.59

Date Returned: 4/18/16 $70.11
4/16/16 $35.59

Godaddy Stated that both itmes was being refunded on tha date mentioned above. And I should get me refund within 2 to 3 business day.

Payment was thru direct from my bank account; so the funds is live. So when I purshased a domain, they will get their money right away.

Problem: I finally received a refund for $70.11 on the 4/29/16 for a good ten days stretch!
The $35.59 never recieve.

Note: I have contacted Godaddy support several times about this issues; they all told me that they have refunded me for both items. And they no longer have the funds in their position.

My Bank: so when my bank confronted the godaddy stories; Godaddy changed their alibis. They now said they never refunded me the $35.59, they were canceled.

@Joe Styler @Joe Styler please I want the truth!! I have spent too much time on this issues. I don't like to play games, and other transsction have been affected by this Goddady way of doing thing!!

Sincerely,

ZapNano

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This has happened to me at other registrars but never at GD.. the registrars claim that the amount was refunded either due to the expiring domain getting renewed or the transaction getting declined (even though my card got charged) .. but I never received the money so the registrars ask me to contact the bank from where I can do a chargeback.

If GD doesn't settle this, ask the bank to reverse that $35 transaction.

•••
Can you pm me your account info so I can check what happened?

•••
What were your purchases. From the looks of the amounts these were nGTLD's. Or were they something else? How many domains were involved? It does seem strange that they refunded one and not the other. Asking them for their banks tracking numbers for both payments, so your bank can trace their banks payments.

•••
GoDaddy is getting silly with people's money lately. If you sell a name you get the payment late, if you win a name at auction and seller renews you get the refund late, if you sell a name at Afternic you also get the payment late.

Don't know what sort of games they're playing but that's just not right. I suppose they're after the interest generated by funds sitting xx additional days in their bank account.

•••
I'm not aware of us paying anyone late or refunding anyone differently on auctions. We have been doing refunds the same way on those auctions since I started in the department over 7 years ago. Almost all payments are automated and the only delays would be bank delays such as holidays, weekends, etc when banks are closed, or how quickly the bank can clear the money.

•••
@Joe Styler how about fixing Godaddy.com?

So many bugs lately. For last hour plus cannot access admin panel (there is a thread on this here on NP) and need to make urgent changes :(

•••
Anytime there are customer facing issues on the site it's a top priority. Things seem to be back to normal at this point.

•••
Can you pm me your account info so I can check what happened?
I will log in to my godaddy account now. I need a good explanation from YOU and I want my money back for my $35.59. I don't have the domain since 4/16/16!! I have spent to much time on this!!

•••
PM sent ID #
You resolve this issues! As I don't play games!! Godaddy techs are so dishonest; they keep changes their stories. My bank teller was put on hold for a long time!! Trying to get some more excuses!! Why??

•••
What were your purchases. From the looks of the amounts these were nGTLD's. Or were they something else? How many domains were involved? It does seem strange that they refunded one and not the other. Asking them for their banks tracking numbers for both payments, so your bank can trace their banks payments.
I have called Godaddy, severals times; and they stood up their stories; until my bank confronted Godaddy. My bank does not hold funds!

•••
Godaddy have dented my trust on them!!

•••
I have called Godaddy, severals times; and they stood up their stories; until my bank confronted Godaddy. My bank does not hold funds!

I think Joe will look in to the issue for you. It's nice to have a rep that will do this here at NP, when members are having issues.

Last edited:
•••
@Joe Styler
Please also tell when .PRO (gTLD-2004) will be supported by GD-aftermarket... how many years you need???

•••
Someone needs to take a chill pill and slow down.

Why do people think godaddy is out to cheat them?

I would love to see this in the complete transactions, etc.
Just to see what OP actually did or did not do.

•••
I'm dead serious about this issue! I don't fuck around and waste my time. I was being toss back and fort. Try to find out where is the discripancy came from. And if you think it is funny; I don't have anything to talk you!!

•••
Godaddy did a few payment mistakes with me in the past. Support corrected it, but I now really keep track of refunds. Past mistakes were same as you, never actually gave a refund they said they did. Other issue, only refunded me the bid price and did not refund renewal price of a transaction they cancelled. Again, all was corrected, but I now have to watch credit card statements for refunds.

•••
Such renewal-cases (or more exactly: games with expired domains by some domainers and domain companies) are traditional for GoDaddy and Dynadot...
No any problems on expired auctions at name.com - the domain is 100% yours and instantly...

•••
Someone needs to take a chill pill and slow down.

Why do people think godaddy is out to cheat them?

I would love to see this in the complete transactions, etc.
Just to see what OP actually did or did not do.
Maybe b/c this issue happens more often then not... To multiple accounts...

•••
Such renewal-cases (or more exactly: games with expired domains by some domainers and domain companies) are traditional for GoDaddy and Dynadot...
The most active player in this game at Dynadot: Feldcrest Ltd. (Cyprus).

Last edited:
•••
How about some more details?
All we hear is accusations. Hand reg? Auction? What extensions?
We believe you but need details to maybe prevent this from happening to others

•••
Joe said, I should have got my refund within five days. And they aren't sure why I received it that long. As far as my $35.99. The bank to told me they don't have that fund. And my bank spoke to godaddy support; and my bank told me there will be no refund because it was cancelled.
But Joe said, according to their record two items was refunded. And he had someone track the funds.
I told Joe that I will check my other funding if it got sent back there. And also, I just checked my online banking it said I was charged $35.99 on 4/15/16.
The item was returned on 4/16/16. So I'm not sure if this is the right item.
My god I have purshased so many; it is too many to track which purchased,

I will double check my other funding sources. And Joe will do his part.

•••
Several weeks ago we (many Non US residents) raised the issue of GD not having as Paypal as Payee ie: (Proceeds from Auctions / Sales to be paid to the Seller) . Until now no one heard anything about it. I mean lets be real , how many members / domainers here are from non US ?? Hundreds ?? how many GD Sales / Auctions are below 500$ ? a very big chunk. Banks charges / wire transfer for low proceed after commisions / charges affect these sales on GD platform. They should seriously conssider it.
This is a Win win situation for GD if they re-implement it.

ref to this post:https://www.namepros.com/threads/add-paypal-as-payee-for-godaddy-auctions.916608/

@ZapNano My Apologize for the tangent on your Thread..

•••
And also, I just checked my online banking it said I was charged $35.99 on 4/15/16.
The item was returned on 4/16/16. So I'm not sure if this is the right item.
Does that item show the same merchant, perhaps?

If you also don't mind me asking, ZapNano, are you US-based? I ask because in my past registrar work, I noticed refunds took longer to show up on customers' accounts when they're from other countries. Granted, that was years ago so I'm not sure if it persists that way in these times.

•••
Does that item show the same merchant, perhaps?

If you also don't mind me asking, ZapNano, are you US-based? I ask because in my past registrar work, I noticed refunds took longer to show up on customers' accounts when they're from other countries. Granted, that was years ago so I'm not sure if it persists that way in these times.
Big time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back