Dynadot

GoDaddy I need explanation with this!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The CEO

Established Member
Impact
13 days ago i bought the name eceo.com at godaddy via buy now auction. The payment materialize and the invoice has given.

Contacted twice the customer service and said that the name will be transferred to me in 7-15 days. Second customer service had even given me the assurance that the name will be transferred to me on or before the 15th day.

There are few things that i need to say:
1. Before you can send the name at the aution you need to verify it by placing .txt to the dns
2. The owner cannot remove the domain kn his account because it was listed at the auction
3. by a matter of minutes, I can verify that the domain is still on my account. Godaddy can easily do that
4. I have passed on some other great names for this important project and now i cannot find any because they were already sold days back.
5.How can we make sure that the domains auctioned on your platform are all legit.
6. Help me to trust you back Godaddy.

Today I received a message saying

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Dear Antonette,

It has come to our attention that the seller of eceo.com will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed, as they are no longer the registrant of the domain. We have taken action against the seller's account for violating Terms of Service and have issued you a refund for the purchase of this domain. The refund will be processed to the original payment method used.
You are free to pursue this domain further on your own by researching the current registrant of the domain with a public WHOIS search. GoDaddy considers the matter closed and has no further involvement.

We hope that your future Auctions endeavors are successful. Please let us know if you have any questions. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Sean
Aftermarket Support

Attachments

• F250E06A-FE6D-4F42-A501-A2385F67C511.png
    F250E06A-FE6D-4F42-A501-A2385F67C511.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 121
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler more un funny business going on at daddy’s place.
OP, sorry you got the shaft from daddy.

•••
Hi Antonette,
We do many of the things you outline above. Sometimes domain names are still able to slip through and be listed. We do take that very seriously and I am sorry this happened to you.

•••
13 days ago i bought the name eceo.com at godaddy via buy now auction. The payment materialize and the invoice has given.

Contacted twice the customer service and said that the name will be transferred to me in 7-15 days. Second customer service had even given me the assurance that the name will be transferred to me on or before the 15th day.

There are few things that i need to say:
1. Before you can send the name at the aution you need to verify it by placing .txt to the dns
2. The owner cannot remove the domain kn his account because it was listed at the auction
3. by a matter of minutes, I can verify that the domain is still on my account. Godaddy can easily do that
4. I have passed on some other great names for this important project and now i cannot find any because they were already sold days back.
5.How can we make sure that the domains auctioned on your platform are all legit.
6. Help me to trust you back Godaddy.

Today I received a message saying

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response

Dear Antonette,

It has come to our attention that the seller of eceo.com will not be able to complete the transaction as agreed, as they are no longer the registrant of the domain. We have taken action against the seller's account for violating Terms of Service and have issued you a refund for the purchase of this domain. The refund will be processed to the original payment method used.
You are free to pursue this domain further on your own by researching the current registrant of the domain with a public WHOIS search. GoDaddy considers the matter closed and has no further involvement.

We hope that your future Auctions endeavors are successful. Please let us know if you have any questions. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

Sean
Aftermarket Support
That seems awfully cheap for that name.

•••
So I would tell my client that after 13 day that i need more time to search for a good name that the domain we bought slips away @ godaddy?

•••
That seems awfully cheap for that name.

Forget about the price.
How did it slip away from them

They verify
They lock the name
how can it possibly slip out?
The lost time 13 days before letting me know that the name wasn’t on the register account? How can he possibly verify it?

•••
As I see that your refund have been already processed and you will be getting back to your account within 5-7 business days.

13 days and 7 days the money was with you guys. Should i registered GoLending!

Attachments

• 1CE6D8C5-18EF-4EE1-A6C7-4A612A3BC247.png
    1CE6D8C5-18EF-4EE1-A6C7-4A612A3BC247.png
    485.9 KB · Views: 119
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back