IT.COM

My GoDaddy buy, help needed!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So i buy a domain on godaddy auctions that a seller has listed for a 'buy now' amount.

I contact godaddy 5 days later asking when do i get the domain transferred into my account and they reply today with -

Discussion NotesSupport Staff ResponseDear Stu,

The domain was listed by another GoDaddy Auctions member, the domain does not transfer automatically. You will need to purchase a transfer in your account for the name. Once you have a transfer you will need to use the β€˜Email Seller’ link in your GoDaddy Auctions account to contact the seller and work out the transfer of the domain name. The link to email the seller will not be available until the 6th day after payment as we have a 5 day verification period of the funds. If the seller does not provide the domain name, you will need to file a dispute per the Domain Name Aftermarket Membership Agreement:

So they now want me to pay a transfer fee and then contact the seller and arrange for it to be transferred. Is this normal? Thought godaddy would have taken care of the transfer since the domain is already registered at godaddy and is being transferred to my godaddy account. Very confused here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do domainers still use go daddy . I thought gd was for end users.
For quite awhile it was the domainers' paradise. Sometimes change comes slowly -- including changing registrars.

•••
The domain that i bought is at godaddy and i have an account at godaddy, yet the people at godaddy emailed me after i purchased at godaddy 'buy now' that after 6 days i then need to pay for a transfer, contact the owner and organise the push myself! Did you read all if the posts above btw or are you a robot?
Sorry but without the domain I can't really know for sure and am going by the fact that you also said you needed to buy a transfer. You wouldn't need to buy one if the name is at GoDaddy. If the name is at GoDaddy ultimately you are both still responsible for moving the domain name. However, the vast majority of domains registered here will move on their own to the buyer between day 5/6. We do still tell you it is your responsibility to move the domain name after day 5 because at the end of the day it is. If it moved automatically it will have done so by the time we open up the links to contact the other party.
So the short answer is, wait. If it moves like most do you don't need to do anything. If it doesn't you need to use the link in the won section to contact the seller and get an account push done. If you have any issues you can contact [email protected] but do not contact them before day 6 because all they are going to do is tell you the same thing I just said, wait until day 6 and the name should move.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back