Dynadot

Another Refund On GoDaddy BIN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The CEO

Established Member
Impact
Last 2 days ago i bought a domain name at BIN at Godaddy. oink.com. after 2 days I received a refund email from them that the seller does not own the domain name anymore. This is my 3rd incident at godaddy and it is a waste of time for the us buyers. The refund i dont know how long it will take to be on my credit account. Now I am having second thought, How am I so sure that the names listed on the auction platform are legit to bid and buy? You won the name on the bid, you pay and get an invoice, money deducted to your card, then nothing? Becoming habitual and its not good experience to us as a customer.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you were around long enough to know that this happens very often across all selling platforms.... is just part of domaining.

those people got banned so it's bad for all

•••
I am, am looking for a great fit name for a client, spend hours of time searching and looking, why dont they clean the platform? banning those people together the names they have posted should be deleted automatically, new owners then can relist the name if they wanted to.

•••
yes that the ideal solution and some try to clean but ita never 100%

of course having makeoffr only solves all problems for all

•••
They are notorious for letting people list names they don’t own over at Afternic. I get one fast transfer request every few weeks. The latest one, I was told I have to prove I own it. How about the fools trying to list other people’s names have to prove ownership? These are requests on names I have owned for years not last week.

GD seems to run a slightly tighter ship in that you have to respond to a confirmation email should you use privacy. Even so, there are many many outdated listings. There should be a yearly do you still own this domain sent out.

Last edited:
•••
We are paying a $19 renewals on every domain, higher teice than the other, everyone expecting a good platform to buy and sell. So what happens next is bid a BIN on their platfor then you crossed your finger that this name should successfuly send out to your account? 🤣 Its about time to make things right. Those domains are still with them, same registrar they have all the tools needed if they want too.

Last edited:
•••
There is one incident on the platform I bought Pluy.com for $300 and after a few months I received an email that pluy.com is sold for $300 and removed on my account. I called and emailed Godaddy explaining that i did not list the domain, and I never received ang email transfer authorization from them, They just said, they cant do anything because it was listed and sold already. Take note i spend almost $100 on overseas calls with a long wait to be answered.

Last edited:
•••
I bought Pluy.com for $300
That sounds like a wholesale price for this domain, a retail GD listing with such price should trigger suspicions. What was the price you paid for oink?

•••
The oink.com is listed at 500usd BIN. this is the thing, how will you know the good listings and the bad listings? Transaction is successfully done, payment happen afterwards. In the auction you need to be fast to grab a good domain before others can.

Last edited:
•••
The oink.com is listed at 500usd BIN. this is the thing, how will you know the good listings and the bad listings? Transaction is successfully done, payment happen afterwards. In the auction you need to be fast to grab a good domain before others can.
I would pay 1000 for this name wholesale. Probably even more after considering my finances. The retail listing is to be at least in high XXXX. This price screams its not real. How will you know? That was a thing even before the internet and domain names, if a car or a house or whatever else is priced too low in the classifieds chances are it is a sort of scam.

•••
Exactly, if the price is 3k i would still buy it at BIN, but it was listed for 500usd. We cannot just ignore it and ask for others to check if it is legit or not, what if this is the actual amount that the seller wanted? We need to grab it as soon as possible before others will do, what I am asking is when will be the time that whenever you bid on the platform high or low is you don't need to worry after the payment is successfully done? Things needed to be sort out, we cannot just bid and pray afterwards.

•••
I would pay 1000 for this name wholesale. Probably even more after considering my finances. The retail listing is to be at least in high XXXX. This price screams its not real. How will you know? That was a thing even before the internet and domain names, if a car or a house or whatever else is priced too low in the classifieds chances are it is a sort of scam.

That name is easily worth 5k in wholesale, but it doesn't automatically mean it's a scam. Many years ago I saw a pretty sweet deal on an auction but I was hesitant since the domain owner was supposedly from Lesotho (according to whois), and the seller's account was from a whole other country, so I passed on the deal. But another domainer I know jumped on it and got the domain no problem, still has it after 10+ years. If you can afford it (money+time) then there's little harm in trying.

•••
Or better GD has a "guaranteed transaction" page where the names listed there no matter the price is a sure deal for the buyer.at least everyone can save time looking at a potential name to acquire and invest in. But anyway, it happen and until now where waiting for the refund.

•••
I'm the opposite of the situation, sold a domain on godaddy but the buyer is not paying and godaddy force me to wait 15 days before canceling the transaction even if the buyer is not responsive (n)

•••
I'm the opposite of the situation, sold a domain on godaddy but the buyer is not paying and godaddy force me to wait 15 days before canceling the transaction even if the buyer is not responsive (n)
thats unfortunate.

•••
•••
It's impossible to monitor all auctions and accurately establish their ownership.
Example: domain names are sold at other venues, and new owner renews and transfers to own account, but doesn't bother changing ownership/admin info. GoDaddy in this case has no way checking whether the domain actually changed ownership.

•••
Since this seller will be ban at their platform, Its better to delete all the domains listed by the seller, then atleast the new seller can then list the name for sale, this way names that listed belongs to the right owner and seller. just a cent of this thought.

•••
Back