NameSilo

GoDaddy Free Domain Value & Appraisal Tool

Labeled as information in Warnings and Alerts, started by IssaG, May 29, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. IssaG

IssaG Established Member

I visited GoDaddy (US) this morning and it seems like their appraisal tool link string is broken. On my end, when I enter domain name and I click their "GoValue" tab logo appears enlarged with site links below.

Can y'all check on that end and comment?

Thank you and have a very Happy Day!

Issa.

Attached Files:

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Sutruk

Sutruk Established Member

Just reload the page and try it again. What you see is because the page hasn't loaded correctly the css file.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. IssaG

IssaG Established Member

I believe their website is down. I tried logging in and the login tab will not open. I am on the phone waiting someone from their tech dept to come on the line. Hopefully, they can fix this soon.

Did you try on your end?

Ty.

4. Sutruk

Sutruk Established Member

Yes... it works fine here.

5. IssaG

IssaG Established Member

Well....I can't wait to see what they tell me with all this blocking going on. lol I do use this tool a lot.

:) Ty! Have a great day!

6. IssaG

IssaG Established Member

Please disregard this thread! Spoke with Tech Support and was told to clear cookies. All is fine now! Whewww....!

Thank you GoDaddy! :xf.smile:

7. AnthonyD

AnthonyD Optimal Names VIP Gold Account

That is their answer to everything. Ty though!

8. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Established Member

do not trust govalue it's like a joke. Estibot is more accurate.

9. AnthonyD

I dont trust any of them. I just sold a domain for $1200 that estibot says was $0. GoDaddy said its worth $1500. I trust the end sales amount the most. ;)

10. Save Breach

Save Breach Established Member

Agree, entire GoDaddy is broken, lol. Security breaches, buggy interface, you name it. i stopped using GD...

Personally, I use a script to periodically fetch GDV of my portfolio from https://api.godaddy.com/v1/appraisal/$domain, replace $domain with ur domain, easy peasy

cheers

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  11. AnthonyD

Is there a daily, hourly quota on domain checks?

12. Save Breach

well to be honest, i haven't used the API to its full limits but there should be a rate limit, you can easily bypass that by hitting the API in a relaxed way/time intervals and not rapidly or, rotating your IP using a VPN for example... but i haven't experienced any rate limits so far, maybe because i don't do too many lookups

Here's a simple demo bash script you can use with the GD API (doesn't need authentication, best part), I will update the repo with more powerful scripts soon, its BETTER than GoDaddy interface i bet,

https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  13. AnthonyD

MUCH appreciated! Thank you. Be nice to see my past sales and what GD thinks the domains are worth. May help predict future sales values. We'll see. A lot more detailed info in that API call than the webpage returns.

Now if they only had one for the no_url_shorteners shortcuts. I have something on the order 30,000 shortcuts from 2010 and their site wont permit that many to be managed anymore.

14. Save Breach

Thanks for your input! Added past and similar sales script, https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining/blob/master/gdpastsales.sh

This script would show you what GoDaddy (intentionally?) hides: the year of (past & similar) sales.

For instructions on usage, you can checkout readme, https://github.com/hackerpain/domaining/

Will add more features soon, stay tuned!

Cheers

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice