IT.COM

GoDaddy Appraisal Tool Issues

NameSilo
Watch

kor

Restricted (50-70%)
Impact
Anyone else having trouble accessing the GoDaddy Apprasial tool lately?

https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal/appraisal/?domainToCheck=check.com

On my side it gets stuck on the "Calculating" screen or sometimes an error message pops up. It rarely shows the results. The appraisal details on the Godaddy auction side have also been problematic for the past few days.

In addition, https://api.godaddy.com/v1/ does not work either. "Access Denied - You don't have permission" error message appears.

@James Iles @Joe Styler

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everything is working fine for me - I can't replicate your issue. Would you mind emailing me a screen recording of what you're encountering? That would help a lot with the ability to investigate

•••
app-web.png

app-api.png

@James Iles

If it is not a general problem, it may be due to a new configuration like DDOS protection on the server side.

•••
I'll check with the team tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks for the screenshots.

•••
I have noticed that the GD appraisal tool evaluates not registered com domains for less than $100, while before the evaluations were around $1000 or even more for names that did not even make sense.

Last edited:
•••
I have noticed that the GD appraisal tool evaluates not registered com domains for less than $100, while before the evaluations were around $1000 or even more for names that did not even make sense.
Yes its a big joke— worse than before. Some previously valued at XXXX are now $100 to $500.

•••
Getting the access denied issue as well.

•••
Last edited:
•••
We can be sure they are working on it. Interesting that it appears to coincide with New valuation metrics being applied. Perhaps it's being flooded with peps trying to see what the update has done to their domain valuations.

For all those that like to quote GD's valuation, might start to curtail their fondness for quoting such. I'm sure we are going to see lots of "What the hell" my domains dropped to a fifth of its previous value. It's probably going to be good for the business overall, particularly new-comer expectations.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it's being flooded with peps trying to see what the update has done to their domain valuations.

For all those that like to quote GD's valuation, might start to curtail their fondness for quoting such.
Hi

totally agree!

the reliance is getting ridiculous, and if folks keep check, check, checking, it might cost a fee in the future

imo....

•••
On the flip side many names seemed to have jumped in valuation overnight. I don’t rely on GD appraisal for anything except to know what a potential buyer sees when searching my name.

•••
On the flip side many names seemed to have jumped in valuation overnight.
Thanks, I was hoping there would be some positives. We'll hopefully see some more realistic price references from GD's appraisal tool.

I took a look, First time since the merger. My domains are listed at Dan But, Sedo for nameservers, So they also show GD's valuation. (if typed in for availability) I like that my pricing is in general 20% less than GD's estimate. These tools don't sway me either way but, I'm happy to leave things as they are

Last edited:
•••
I am having no problem with the GD website, but VOVSoft appraisals software is not working.

I just looked at 15 of my domains and most have gone up in price and only a couple have gone down

These are the before and after of some
1134​
1332​
1019​
464​
312​
430​
976​
727​
1249​
less than 100​
1354​
1439​
822​
558​
1329​
1575​
1411​
1726​
1389​
1608​
872​
796​
1077​
1233​
1201​
1383​
1097​
1516​

•••
•••
any update on this?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back