IT.COM

GoDaddy Appraisal Tool - Free

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I bought a domain privately through Godaddy few months ago.

When I try this domain, it also shows in the comparable sold domains, so a buyer will know how much I paid for it.

Not good !

•••
•••
•••
Uhh, some issues here. I keyed in about 6 of my names, got 'appraised', and the button below that says it's 'available' to reg for 11.99. :xf.eek: Hopefully they're not liquidating my folio without a heads up at least! :nailbiting:

•••
I tried 2 of mine but did not get any results - Probably because they are worth more than GD can handle :xf.grin:

•••
For hand regs / keywords its a good tool, probably not so much for aged ones.

•••
Just found about GoDaddy's new automated appraisal tool. I appraised one name and the value was pretty good.

https://www.godaddy.com/domain-value-appraisal

Are you kidding me? This is AWESOME. I nominate silentptnr as namepros member of the month for finding this first. Since November is almost over I give him December’s trophy too.

No appraisal tool may be entirely accurate but this is very useful! Just for example, it just supported my asking price on an aged domain of mine within a few hundred dollars of my quoted price, and gave me several spot-on closed sale comps I hadn’t found yet on my own.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
The tool is having growing pains now. Sometimes gives only comparable closed sales "More Comparable Domains Sold" and no valuation, other times,
"We’ve run into a technical issue. Please try again later."

It also sometimes gives way off incorrect comparables that obviously have nothing to do with the inputted domain.

I have faith that it will start working well again though.

•••
This tool comes back about 15-20 cents on the dollar for my better sales, not much rhyme to the reason, there is no way any tool can be asked to define a single name, feeding lots of info from .net .org sales as it seems.

This is not a domainer tool, usually the people who use these things have no clue what they are doing regardless, it is more of a gimmick, fun for about 3 minutes.

•••
I'll ask my broker at Afternic whether the appraisal tool he is using is the same as this one.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this tool, it was spot-on with a couple of domains that three of us (two of them NP veterans, and I am not counting myself as a NP veteran) here at namepros including myself examined before setting a price. I.e. that the prices we three thought a couple of domains were worth was very close to what this tool just spat out.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
Well like all the tools out there, all the comparables, you use the data that supports your interpretation, and discard what does not. :xf.laugh: As we all know this isn't an exact science.

It is best to go with your own judgment first, then perhaps take a look at this and other tools, to compare.

Estibot on the other hand I don't even look at anymore.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My Afternic broker just confirmed to me that this beta appraisal tool is the same one that the AN brokers have been using behind the scenes as they try to sell listed domains.

•••
In most cases tools like this undervalue domains, causes more harm than good.

•••
It could never be perfect and similar sales only matter if someone wants "your" domain. But I have to admit it is interesting to contrast like esti, domainindex and now this GD one.

•••
I wonder if these tools help people avoid regging bad names? :)

Last edited:
•••
Let's just hope end-users don't expect this to be totally accurate, GD get's lots of lookers.

•••
I wonder if these tools help people avoid regging bad names? :)

Godaffy might see their new registrations drop. :)

Didn't think of that..

•••
Great tool. Many of my domains are being appraised to nearly the SamE value as my asking price. :)

•••
Yes well done on the posting, nice to play with my morning coffee here in the UK.
Indeed, Some scary accuracy on some of my own listings, perhaps it's reading into our own sales-listings elsewhere and factoring-in. (only joking)
I do like the fact that the examples given are from the last 12 months sales data.

•••
Great tool. Many of my domains are being appraised to nearly the SamE value as my asking price. :)

Just like with estipot some will appraise high and you'll be happy but in most cases the value will be decreased. Just a quick look at a few DNJ sales reported recently.

VV365 .com GD - 1293.00 USD but sold for 20K

onestim .com GD - 2361.00 USD but sold for 18K

GDPK .org GD 2016.00 USD but sold for 15K

Container .shop GD - 1326.00 USD but sold for 11.9K

I just don't see how these tools could help domainers with sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back