IT.COM

GoDaddy Error Your browser is a bit unusual...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Many people are getting this error based on a quick search. Anybody have a solution? Disabling adblocker did not solve it. I am using the latest chrome on windows 10

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I keep getting the same error on my Chrome browser. They have a dumb anti bot detection system.

•••
The most disturbing thing. It forces me to use Opera for GD and Chrome for the rest, which is awful.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The solution lies in finding all your extensions that interfere with ad displays and pop-ups. Just disabling the ad blockers won't work. I disabled my pop-up blocker for godaddy domain as well and it started working again.
The same solution worked for playback issues of videos on photos.google.com also. So I assume they are using the same "security" mechanism as Google photos.

•••
Same here,
Godaddy should look into it and fix it.
@Paul Nicks

•••
I finally found a solution: open Mozilla Firefox in Safe Mode. To do so, hold shift and click on Mozilla Firefox.

•••
Go Daddy servers are rejecting the version of Chromium in our application, so the secure OAuth login in our native browser window during the account setup could not finish. The error messages that shows up when this happens is:

Your Browser is a bit unusual...
Try disabling ad blockers and other extensions, enabling javascript, or using a different web browser.

Regards,
J Wick

•••
I get this error at least once every other day and it's a real drag.

•••
The thing is.. there is nothing unusual about my browser.

What is unusual is GoDaddy's ass-backwards security architecture and the fact this is happening so often.

Requiring customers to work to figure out some crazy browser work around to their software feels so 15-20 years ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back