IT.COM

GoDaddy Emails Seems Dangerous to Gmail?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
What is going on with Godaddy emails lately? In the last couple of weeks, 80% of the emails I receive from Godaddy seems to be dangerous by Gmail, while they are legit. How many people have reported it as spam or phishing that it shows so many times? also, this isn't phishing so why is it happening?

godaddy.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. A few months back I was using Office365 email and was not getting an email from GD to accept a push for a domain I bought on here. I eventually figured out what happened it was filtered out by Microsoft in their message quarantine and marked "High Confidence Phish".

To be fair they are big enough to where I am sure there are a lot of phasing emails claiming to be from GD. It seems they can't reliably enough distinguish their legit emails from the fake ones to the satisfaction of these filters.

At least Google still delivered it to your mailbox to let you decide if you trust it instead of putting it in a quarantine queue hidden in an admin control panel few even know exist.

But should bring this to the attention of @Joe Styler So he can have their tech people look to see if they can do anything.

That said it is a good idea to avoid clicking links in emails. It really is best to visit the site manually (bookmark or at least type in the domain yourself) when possible to complete a task but alot of emails you have to go though their specific link to complete The task.

Last edited:
•••
you can forward the email - as an attachment - so it contains the headers to [email protected] and let them know what is happening. They will determine if is a real email or not and should be able to follow up with google or microsoft about it if it is being blocked unnecessarily.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back