Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For the past weeks I've been having issues with Godaddy transfers (transfer-in)... they simply don't send the approval request emails!
On November 8th the buyer repeated the process so many times that the next day, when Godaddy finally sent them, I received 17 requests!
Now it's happening again, more than 24 hours later still no request, the buyer gets confirmation of "We've sent an approval request to x" but it's not true.
Support could not help because there were " technical difficulties ".
What's happening? This is very upsetting, makes me lose precious time and it's annoying my buyers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Transfer to Dynadot, Epik, LCN, etc.

•••
Cannot control my buyers... my domains are at Epik, I recommend it, but not much I can do.

•••
Something is wrong it seems emails are being blocked out with ****@****.*** for transfer outs, Godaddy is obstructing the email from showing on transfer outs, so it can't be transferred out....

Anyone else?

•••
For the past weeks I've been having issues with Godaddy transfers (transfer-in)... they simply don't send the approval request emails!
On November 8th the buyer repeated the process so many times that the next day, when Godaddy finally sent them, I received 17 requests!
Now it's happening again, more than 24 hours later still no request, the buyer gets confirmation of "We've sent an approval request to x" but it's not true.
Support could not help because there were " technical difficulties ".
What's happening? This is very upsetting, makes me lose precious time and it's annoying my buyers.
I can tell you exactly what's the issue, I have asked help from Joe Styler and godaddy support but without any luck. Godadday had an upgrade of their systems around two months ago and now, when a transfer is started by godaddy there are a lot of issues. More than half of registrars use their email in the registrant section in the whois, so when godaddy is sending the security codes, everything is automatic and the security codes are sent to the registrar emails( no reply kind of email addresses), because are the first one's showed in the whois. You have two options: 1. You can ask godaddy support to send the email manually to the registrant email address, not to the registrar email address( asked them to check to which email address they were sent, they will confirm that they sent them to the registrars email address), or 2. You can ask the buyer to restart the transfer a few times until the system will send the emails to the registrant email address. Being the biggest registrar out there, they have lot's of issues and is easier lately to transfer to 1and1 than to godaddyy. If you count that they respond in 72 hours to your request or that they don't have an expedite transfer and you need to confirm 10 times all the changes, it's just easier to ask the buyer to find another registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Last time the buyer tried he forwarded me the confirmation message and my address was correct there.
Finally got the transfer request 40 minutes ago, took 24h after they "sent" to the right email. Sad :(

•••
If a domain gets stuck again send me the domain name and I will look into it. When a registrant changes there is also an ICANN mandated approval that has to happen now before the transfer will complete. Both the gaining and losing registrant have to agree to the registrant change.

•••
Is this an issue with GD pushes as well? Or just transfer in?

•••
It is not an issue, it is an ICANN rule if the registrant changes both the gaining and losing registrant have to ok the change before the domain can move.

•••
Check spam bulk also wait a bit sometimes it takes a bit of time. But by a bit I mean like - twenty minutes.

•••
Try clicking the send auth code button twice a few seconds apart. I discovered that this usually works to avoid this problem.

•••
I don't recommend hitting the button more than once, then the first email that is sent is deactivated and you might end up clicking on multiple received emails, not knowing which one was deactivated, just to get the job done. Just be patient and check spam/bulk the emails are always sent, just sometimes take a bit to land at your end.

You may need to login to WEB based email to view the emails (and again, be sure to check spam/bulk) - they will not always make it through to your iPhone / MSFT Outlook etc.

Push GD to GD step by step:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-push-gd-to-gd-step-by-step.1047375/
this is for GD to GD, but as far as waiting for the emails, same basic process.

Last edited:
•••
Try clicking the send auth code button twice a few seconds apart. I discovered that this usually works to avoid this problem.
This has been my little trick for months, and it works. Except I tend to logout after the first try, then login and click again.

Also, it's to the point that I never expect transfer emails from Godaddy, because they simply never arrive. I just log into GD cpanel, go to Transfers Out and authorize there.

But we shouldn't have to play these silly games.

•••
Is it possible to make a transfer out from GoDaddy after changing contact information (whois email address)?

•••
Damance, when you change the contact info, or rather when you "confirm" the contact change via the email that is sent, uncheck the box that locks the domain transfer for 60 days. If checked transfer will be locked for 60 days.

But not push, you may GD to GD push even within the transfer lock period.

Last edited:
•••
Is it possible to make a transfer out from GoDaddy after changing contact information (whois email address)?
you can email [email protected] and they can review the lock and remove it if possible and you can transfer out sooner.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back