Domain Empire

GoDaddy, Domains Removed During Registry Redemption

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN Playbook

Established Member
Impact
@Joe Styler Can you clarify how domains are removed during registry redemption and placed into the Huge Domains account?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. That's a kind of vague question. Could happen many ways.

•••
I got a response from the [email protected]. On the 30th day it is up for grabs apparently.

Wouldn't it be fair to keep the original owner in the loop?

•••
They are we send a lot of emails, break all DNS, say we are canceling the domains and you cant get them back etc.

•••
They are we send a lot of emails, break all DNS, say we are canceling the domains and you cant get them back etc.
I appreciate all the email reminders. So, to be clear, at GoDaddy a domain can be acquired by another party on the 30th day past its expiration, correct? Why not let the original owner have a chance to keep the domain in the way of letting them be aware of bidding on their domain? I have domains way past the 30th day still available to be recovered in my account.

Last edited:
•••
So just to be clear, registry redemption only applies to domains not sold in auction.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is an easier way to get that info vs the terms of service. There are various caveats (all listed in the terms) but this is pretty straightforward and typically correct, https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-when-my-domain-expires-609
The issue is between 26 to 36 days. GoDaddy has great notifications prior to day 26. If you you have a premium account you are under false confidence that you can still claim your domain after day 30. It seems that at some point, most likely prior to day 26, the notifications stop coming. It would make it an even better service to the domainer to be able to know if there is activity on the expired domain such as auction or backorder so they have a chance to recover it if there is a change of mind. This may even increase revenue for GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back