IT.COM

strategy GoDaddy Backorders in Redemption?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a few times I have fired a godaddy backorder at a name that had disappeared from their auction system. (no bids on it)

I have had this go both ways - getting the domain and not getting it (domain dropped).

I am doing this right now, waiting to see if my backorder will get a domain or if it will drop.

•••
a few times I have fired a godaddy backorder at a name that had disappeared from their auction system. (no bids on it)

I have had this go both ways - getting the domain and not getting it (domain dropped).

I am doing this right now, waiting to see if my backorder will get a domain or if it will drop.

Did the name disappear from auctions and not go to closeout?

From what I've read Godaddy Backorderes are useless unless you use it for these situations @cdboard. What is your success rate?

•••
Did the name disappear from auctions and not go to closeout?

this was for a name that went ALL the way through the expired and closeout phases, including the $5 part.

nothing tricky here......... I forgot to buy it, then remembered when it was too late to pay even $5. :)

I have only done this a few times (forget/backorder), ....... less than 50% successful.

no big deal, since non-valuable domains (not worth $5 to anyone) will probably be available for hand regging after they drop.

---------------

remember to use a discount code when buying a backorder credit.

•••
no big deal, since non-valuable domains (not worth $5 to anyone) will probably be available for hand regging after they drop.

---------------

remember to use a discount code when buying a backorder credit.

You never know what slips through and people backorder in pending delete.

Yeah, it's cheaper to buy the Back orders in bulk than pay for closeouts or auctions separately. You potentially waste $$ as it's not clear what GD back orders are good for even in their own system.. :)

•••
Yeah, it's cheaper to buy the Back orders in bulk than pay for closeouts or auctions separately. You potentially waste $$ as it's not clear what GD back orders are good for even in their own system.. :)
They offer a bulk discount on backorders?

•••
Yes. It is less expensive and a better idea to buy fewer and use a 35% off coupon though.

They offer a bulk discount on backorders?

•••
I have only done this a few times (forget/backorder), ....... less than 50% successful.

Really, you have got some success that way?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back