GoDaddy Coupon Code Error

NameSilo
Watch

KDN

KenTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Just curious if any of you gets this error when using a code:

Some of our best offers are limited to one per customer and it looks like you've already used one. We've updated your cart with the best offer, if one is available.

This is what I see below the code field:

The code entered has some restrictions.

Thank you so much for your time!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domain registration prices increase across the board at all registrars, and no coupon from others either.

Probably good, makes you think about crappy names you quickly register, stops you from wasting money

Plus good support will become one of primary factors to retain a customer. Thanks GD :-D

I like this change. Hope it remains this way. ( I guess mentioning this on a domainer site will give me tons of dis-like. Please don't hate me )

The only thing i like about this is that i don't have to deal with the horrible and buggy GD interface anymore.

That is a good thing.

•••
Nobody talking about 1and1. ..
Just 0.99 without coupon

•••
^^ Don't do it!

But can someone please tell us what is happening point blank? Has GD stopped coupons or not. Some are saying coupons still work if you do this, if you do that but from what others are saying coupons are history.

•••
would be nice if customers could use one code per month.

anyone know if the limit is

one $0.99 code
plus
one $1.99 code
plus
one $2.99 code
plus
one $3.99 code

etc?

•••
would be nice if customers could use one code per month.

anyone know if the limit is

one $0.99 code
plus
one $1.99 code
plus
one $2.99 code
plus
one $3.99 code

etc?

I wonder that, too.

Someone said that his friend tried to create an account and use a coupon and got the error message after that first coupon use, but nobody has reported that for sure yet.

•••
Just 0.99 without coupon

Have you bought a 0.99 domain from 1&1 recently? If yes, I want to ask a question.

A few months ago; if you directly go 1and1.com and add the discounted domain name to the cart, and then during the checkout process you login, and you was able to do this again and again.

But now I've tried it, but the price shows without discount, even without logginned in. Or if the price shows with 0.99 discount and you add it to the cart, the price goes up 8.99 after you login. A few months ago, the discounted price was ok with this method.

Did you try this recently? Or anybody know anything about that?

•••
Have you bought a 0.99 domain from 1&1 recently? If yes, I want to ask a question.

A few months ago; if you directly go 1and1.com and add the discounted domain name to the cart, and then during the checkout process you login, and you was able to do this again and again.

But now I've tried it, but the price shows without discount, even without logginned in. Or if the price shows with 0.99 discount and you add it to the cart, the price goes up 8.99 after you login. A few months ago, the discounted price was ok with this method.

Did you try this recently? Or anybody know anything about that?

Never tried it,just asking if anyone has

•••
Someone said that his friend tried to create an account and use a coupon and got the error message after that first coupon use, but nobody has reported that for sure yet.

that could have been an attempt to use a code of the same value.

•••
that could have been an attempt to use a code of the same value.

I have registered 30 domains or so with one account. I tried more than 30 codes. None would work.

I think once you use a $0.99 domain code all $0.99 are banned for your account. The same applies to all other offers.

I would recommend everyone who used GD for coupons to stop using them. If all their coupon customers take their business elsewhere they might raise the coupon limit per account again.

Namesilo seems to be a great choice.

If they worried about coupon abuse they should have reduced coupon usage somewhat but instead they have virtually killed it. Reducing it to prevent abuse is OK but give out a couple of decent offer per the lifetime of the account is fairly restrictive.

If you don't buy into their new business model they might change their mind again. They surely make a lot of money from domainers.

Last edited:
•••
Just 0.99 without coupon

Yes; BUT:
1- Renewal prices are high
2- Domain Management interface is awful
3- Doing a transfer; is like doing a root canal
4- Phone support; don't count on it

This is just my own experience, for me Never Again!

•••
^^ Don't do it!

But can someone please tell us what is happening point blank? Has GD stopped coupons or not. Some are saying coupons still work if you do this, if you do that but from what others are saying coupons are history.

This point blank, spoke to a rep again this morning on chat because I was checking a domain and the box came down "Wanna Chat" So I figured let me ask this person, even though I already called in and blogged about it on the weekend.

This was a live chat just completed so random customer service people know the deal on the coupon codes.

• A product expert will be with you soon. Position in Queue is 1. Thank you for your patience.
  • You are now chatting with 'Ehrich'
  • Ehrich -
    Thank you for contacting Sales Chat. My name is Ehrich, how may I assist you today?
  • you -
    So have coupons gone away that are marked as Viral
  • you -
    If someone uses one .99 coupon then they can never use another one ?
  • Ehrich -
    That is correct, the .99 domain coupon is one-time use only.
  • you -
    So for the life of an account, use one .99 code even though you keep pumping them out and that's it one and done ?
  • Ehrich -
    Correct.
  • you -
    Great thank you
  • Ehrich -
    No problem. Was there anything else I could help you with?
  • you -
    Transfers in still $7.99 right ?
  • Ehrich -
    For .com domains, that is correct.
  • you -
    Right, thank you.
  • Ehrich -
    You're welcome!

•••
godaddy has allowed coupons to be abused for a long time and i can't blame them doing what they have done. in 2013 you used to be able to get 20 .99 domains out of one code by changing the numbers or letters. then they stopped that. then they started slowing down almost stopping releasing new codes. i figured this was the end but since people would just open new account to use them over again they did this. oh well. i will continue to use godaddy. with ddc the pricing is good and if you have enough domains you get the personal customer service which is nice.

•••
•••
•••
Guys, is it me or none of the current codes are working on your Godaddy accounts too? I tried to use discount codes that I never touched in the near past and they were also not working. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry for this irrelevant post.

•••
Guys, is it me or none of the current codes are working on your Godaddy accounts too? I tried to use discount codes that I never touched in the near past and they were also not working. Any input would be appreciated.

Sorry for this irrelevant post.

Read up the thread a bit, there's a link to the "new" thread. In short, GD coupons are dead.

•••
NameBright.com has the lowest prices on com/net if you pre-fund your account.

.com - $8.03

.net - $7.72

nRduY6C.png

You won't even get such low rates if you sign up for Godaddy's discount program.

•••
Safe to say GoDaddy is now officially "just another registrar" and might drop to #5 by new years.

NameBright.com has the lowest prices on com/net if you pre-fund your account.

.com - $8.03

.net - $7.72

nRduY6C.png

You won't even get such low rates if you sign up for Godaddy's discount program.

•••
Was facing this error situation since yesterday and posted a question here on NP. Some fellow pointed me here.

I just had a chat with GD rep. and the bad news she told me was, that they don't have any plans to release monthly $1 coupons on a regular basis. Only one code per account.

Well, this sucks. lol...

•••
Yes but the point also is that there must be some other coupon limitations.

As I mentioned in my previous comment I wasn't able to use coupons even in my second account ( the "keeper" account ) where I don't have the DDC. I am not talking about a .99 but a 3$ or so and I am sure that I have NEVER used that coupon before.

It was more than 1 that I actually tried; so I am really afraid they are limiting coupons period.

•••
So I guess the good old coupon days are gone; for good?

Whatever may be the reason, but I do agree with one thing, that the quality of many registrations will improve, mine will...hhehe.

•••
Personally I wouldn't care less about changing registrar if it weren't for the fact that GD still owns the biggest marketplace and that the payment and transfer process is 100 times easier if the name is registered with them.

I also suspect that many end users know GD as a brand and place to go to register names so it will probably be harder for domainers to make their potential end users digest a new registrar.

Let's see

•••
No loyalty here when you are dealing in thousands :)

•••
Just 0.99 without coupon
I personally HIGHLY recommend using 1&1.

BUT, only if you see doing this to your computer as fun:

HammerPC.gif~c200

•••
So I guess the good old coupon days are gone; for good?

Whatever may be the reason, but I do agree with one thing, that the quality of many registrations will improve, mine will...hhehe.

Agreed. Now it makes more sense to browse through GD Closeouts than handregging.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back