IT.COM

advice GODADDY CLOSEOUT VS GODADDY AUCTIONS

NameSilo
Watch

omardomaining

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering why would a domain name investor pay USD 50 + reg. fees at GoDaddy Closeout when it is possible to get the same domain name maybe minutes earlier for USD 12 + reg. fees ? am I missing out anything over here ??

Is there any benefit from letting the domain name go to Closeout ?

Regards,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Although it is possible to get it for that little on Auctions , the risk is that your not the only one that sees the potential value. Then you end up paying hundreds or thousands instead of 50 dollars.

•••
Thanks ..

That's what I thought about .. the risk of bidders driving it up higher in multiples ..

Or wait until the last minute and make the 12 USD bid hoping you are lucky enough ? Or just wait and peacefully pay USD 50 if you really want and value the domain name ...

•••
Or just wait and peacefully pay USD 50 if you really want and value the domain name ...

In case you're unaware, if the name isn't bought at $50, the following day the price drops to USD 40, then 30, then 11, then finally 5 bones (if you're really patient) before it's de-listed.

•••
They used to go from $12 to $5, so you would just watch it till it ran out of time and then buy at $5 so they made it this way so it was a risk to just let it go to next level after $12.

•••
If you want to wait make sure to watch it. Sometime the domain will be dissappear from the close out list. I had experienced many time and see the domain is still not renewed but blank page. But if you wait there is a chance to be snapped by other interested buyer. So it is still a gambling. If you really like the name, it is worthy to buy it as soon as possible.

•••
Because if you make a 12 bid in last few minutes, the domain will suddenly become popular and will receive bid from everywhere (including from bots).

If you want a domain so badly then your best bet is to wait until the auction is over and try to snap it at $50.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back