IT.COM

GoDaddy closeout domain price

NameSilo
Watch
Hi,

I have a question:
Why is a difference between Godaddy closeout Buy it Now price and the Checkout price??

e.g It has a Buy it Now price of $11, but when I get to Checkout - the price is $25.99.

Which is the explanation? Do you also have those prices?

93129_ec66090e6e6b38680294b5581762c726.png

Checkout:
93130_5567a617c7d1656e1b476b51c1f1209c.png

Attachments

• Domain Auction   Buy   Sell Distinctive Domains   GoDaddy.png
    Domain Auction Buy Sell Distinctive Domains GoDaddy.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Cart   GoDaddy.png
    Cart GoDaddy.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 26
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After you purchase at the Closeout price (in this case $11), they also add the one-year renewal fee (which varies by extension).

•••
^^ What he said, have to pay a renewal fee. Also I don't think you can apply discount codes to it either (last time I tried they didn't work).

•••
After you purchase at the Closeout price (in this case $11), they also add the one-year renewal fee (which varies by extension).
dot com renewal is 15$ LOL if you use godaddy auction frequently you better buy DDC, it will bring down your .com renewal to 8.67$ its almost 40% discount compared to retail price of 15$

•••
Before GoDaddy switched to this new checkout layout 1 or 2 months ago the single invoice items were way better visible and reproducable - it was at least split in auction and renewal/transfer fee.

Here's the exact composition:

$11 Auction Fee
$14.99 Reneweal Fee
$0.18 ICANN fee
====
$26.17 + 19% taxes ($4.97) = $31.14

They should make this way more transparent

•••
Before GoDaddy switched to this new checkout layout 1 or 2 months ago the single invoice items were way better visible and reproducable - it was at least split in auction and renewal/transfer fee.
It's really bad, in fact it's horrid. Why GD continues to make things worse rather than KISS is beyond me.

Their auctions are unusable on a smartphone. I shudder at the thought of trying their shitty app again. On and on it goes.

•••
Truly, some of these registrars deserve to lose their customer base and be allowed to disappear. Thankfully there are plenty of options with registrars that listen and respond.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for answering,

if you use godaddy auction frequently you better buy DDC, it will bring down your .com renewal to 8.67$ its almost 40% discount compared to retail price of 15$
What is a DDC? :xf.smile:

•••
•••
And how about $5.15 in "taxes and fees"?

There is only one fee GoDaddy discloses, that's $0.18 ICANN fee, the rest are simply "taxes". What tax do they pay at 19%? VAT or sales tax, is that residence based? Only in the EU or where? Can you get evidence they actually paid the tax, like vat filling details?

I mean, $5.15 is quite a lot. You can register .com nowadays for $6.99 (including taxes) in other registrars. And with everything so sneaky at GoDaddy, you never know.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back