Watch

brandboss

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi,
Godaddy closed my account permanently.
I have received first email from godaddy 2 days ego,
Screenshot_20180302_041746.png

After this email i submitted my documents but than godaddy instantly cancelled my recent orders and ask me again if you unlock account send scan copy of id card or passport..
And again i sent my documents and after 35 hours i received email this:
Screenshot_20180302_041746.png
Screenshot_20180302_042222.png

I don't know why closed my account after submitted my documents, please guide what i do for recover my account because there have my premium domains.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Can you explain why the 2 domains in your signature were owned by 2 different people before they were repossessed by GoDaddy? How many domains did you have in your account?

Last edited:
•••
How many domains were in your account?

OMG if a registrar closed my account with my domains in it I would be in trouble.

Its a lesson to have an email address that comes to your phone and to act promptly when verification is necessary. Obviously there was a payment issue, a charge back or an unauthorized credit card used.

I'm not saying brandboss did anything wrong except he did not act fast enough. I have a closely monitored email address and I see every credit card charge as a text on my phone. Any important thing such as this I would have immediately jumped on it, called and asked for clarification. Any delay when it comes to mistakes related to possible fraud can get an account closed, even if its in error.

Good luch @brandboss I hope things work out for you (y)

•••
I’ve never heard of GD acting like this.

Have you been clicking a link in the emails that take you to Godaddy to log in? Maybe you are a victim of phishing fraud and you aren't going to the real Godaddy website.

If that is the case, a thief now has your ID info, login details and domain names. I hope this is not the case.

You need to Call Godaddy. Asap.

•••
I have used my son credit card for payment and 2 domains in my account

•••
And i submitted my son passport image to them and also mine

•••
I have used my son credit card for payment and 2 domains in my account

That's probably why your account was closed. Your account details didn't match the credit card details. I presume these were recent purchases?

•••
That's probably why your account was closed. Your account details didn't match the credit card details. I presume these were recent purchases?
Yes exactly, i think this reason but i don't know before this

•••
I have buy 5 domains more via paypal and in paypal also mention different name and they firstly cancelled my recent orders than closed account... I think its my own mistake but i am not fake.

•••
I looked into this personally and I would say that the activity was very suspicious. We do not normally close people's accounts that is not good business for us. We only do it in extreme circumstances and then only after working with the account holder to allow them to work out the issues with us.

•••
•••
I looked into this personally and I would say that the activity was very suspicious. We do not normally close people's accounts that is not good business for us. We only do it in extreme circumstances and then only after working with the account holder to allow them to work out the issues with us.

So is it normal for GoDaddy to close an account just because they used a family members credit card to make purchases?

I personally think GD have not exhausted all avenues with a customer within 48 hrs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Solved
I admit that mistake was by my side...
Thanks all for responding you

•••
@Joe Styler - How come when you looked at this it was very suspicious. But now his account has been re-instated?
No i admit that i have make little mistake now i will continue with godaddy support team lets see what happen, i hope they reopen my account

•••
Lesson, be careful about using 10 thousand identities in 1 account.

•••
•••
No i admit that i have make little mistake now i will continue with godaddy support team lets see what happen, i hope they reopen my account

So your account hasn't been re-instated yet. So how come the issue is resolved?

•••
So your account hasn't yet been re-instated yet. So how come the issue is resolved?
Because i dont know why my account closed but now that reason i use payment of other and i can't give document of that person

•••
Because i dont know why my account closed but now that reason i use payment of other and i can't give document of that person

but you already said before that you knew this was the reason

well either way.. I hope it resolves in the way it should.

Last edited:
•••

And @Joe Styler agrees with you? You said closed permanently and Joe said he look at your account and it was very suspicious. But now everything is sweetness and roses, and your account is still closed. That doesn't make much sense. To me.

Last edited:
•••
And @Joe Styler agree with you? You said closed permanently and Joe said he look at your account and it was very suspicious. But now everything is sweetness and roses, and your account is still closed. That doesn't make much sense. To me.

either that or our friend here has simply made peace with his account being closed. seeing how fault is his.

either way, there is bit of language barrier here too, so its not all too clear. cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back