IT.COM

.tv GoDaddy Call regarding .tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

discovernow

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I just got off the phone with a Godaddy executive broker, I was referred to. Whether people like Godaddy or not, they are very powerful and are selling many 6-7 figure domains behind the scenes. They don't disclose there sales so you don't here about them but it's true. I know many of there domain clients who use them and these are some of the biggest domainers in the industry.

They have some very big end-user clients including some interested in .tv. My Godaddy broker believes in .tv and has many himself and feels it has the potential to be one of the best extensions ever. He did not mention this about any other extensions, only .tv and gave his reasons why. It's great to talk to somebody who "get's it". And to have them both invest and promote the extension to big endusers that can command big dollars is very powerful with there reach.

I will be sending him a list of some of my .tv to market for me and I will keep you guys posted. He does not want me to disclose his name to the masses yet, but down the line, I will be able to connect many of you to him if you desire.

In the meantime, he mentioned to get the exposure out, we need to keep the news going, through here, other blogs, etc. The more news the better. I will keep everybody posted.

Thanks, Jim

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks, jimbola...

...there seems to be a movement afoot that seemed to be linked with the mass media.

Hard to keep a secret nowadays.

•••
Good news! Thanks for the update. :)

•••
Had a simialr conversation with a customer service rep at GD who was looking through my portfolio to fix an email issue.

He liked the quality of some of my names and says he used to domain alot so he knows a good names when he sees them.

I have had one enquiry through GD for one of my names..and i am sure that Nick Parsons (hopefully ) will do an about turn and start promoting .tv openly again. In other words its time to come out the closet Mr Parsons.

Jim,

This is gret news for you - hope it actually leads to something....

•••
Jim,
Thanks for the value you continue to provide to the community! Rock on bud!

Best,
A

I just got off the phone with a Godaddy executive broker, I was referred to. Whether people like Godaddy or not, they are very powerful and are selling many 6-7 figure domains behind the scenes. They don't disclose there sales so you don't here about them but it's true. I know many of there domain clients who use them and these are some of the biggest domainers in the industry.

They have some very big end-user clients including some interested in .tv. My Godaddy broker believes in .tv and has many himself and feels it has the potential to be one of the best extensions ever. He did not mention this about any other extensions, only .tv and gave his reasons why. It's great to talk to somebody who "get's it". And to have them both invest and promote the extension to big endusers that can command big dollars is very powerful with there reach.

I will be sending him a list of some of my .tv to market for me and I will keep you guys posted. He does not want me to disclose his name to the masses yet, but down the line, I will be able to connect many of you to him if you desire.

In the meantime, he mentioned to get the exposure out, we need to keep the news going, through here, other blogs, etc. The more news the better. I will keep everybody posted.

Thanks, Jim

•••
Excellent Info Jim.

This makes me wonder if they may add .TV to the small list of Premium domains we can add at GoDaddy???
Right now, they only allow us to list .com, .net, and .org...

Who knows anything can happen when people start smelling the money in .TV.

Best of luck to you Jim.

Vito

•••
Thank you Jim for this news. Can you ask this broker to become a member of NP .tv subforum? He can share his views, opinion and suggestions about .tv.

•••
Excellent Info Jim.

This makes me wonder if they may add .TV to the small list of Premium domains we can add at GoDaddy???
Right now, they only allow us to list .com, .net, and .org...

Who knows anything can happen when people start smelling the money in .TV.

Best of luck to you Jim.

Vito

My thoughts exactly.

•••
Hey Guys,

This is great news for everybody. They are already sold on marketing the extension to "end users", and it's about quality domains they are looking for. This will benefit all of us. I am just going to send some of my names and see what happens and who knows the might have staff marketing endusers for all our .tv names some days to benefit all of us. This is just the start.

I did ask about premium listings outside of .com, .net, .org and he is aware of that and it's on the list to add more in the future.

He said he reads Domaining.com everyday and told me there should be more .tv blogs on there. I think ipodexpert is the only one. How can we get Namepros.com .tv forum on domaining daily for updated news for all to see/

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
•••
The potential certainly sounds interesting ... I personally would need to see more information with regard to their prior "sales", and some better insight and substantiation of this; :gl: :imho:

Just my two sense, please keep us posted! :talk:
Jeff B-)

•••
The potential certainly sounds interesting ... I personally would need to see more information with regard to their prior "sales", and some better insight and substantiation of this; :gl: :imho:

Just my two sense, please keep us posted! :talk:
Jeff B-)

Jeff,

Godaddy does not disclose sales, that is why you never see it in the DNjournal.com. I asked why, and they just stated that is how they operate.
Thanks, Jim

•••
Godaddy does not disclose sales, that is why you never see it in the DNjournal.com. I asked why, and they just stated that is how they operate.

Thanks much Jim, while I understand what you're saying ... my point is that GoDaddy - historically speaking - has been less than enthusiastic about the ".TV" and unless they can provide me more detail regarding successful prior negotiations and sales and, then, their extent with viable "End users" (something that has been traditionally hard to attain with .TV's in the aftermarket), then I personally might have to take it all with a grain of salt IMHO.

In part based upon;
My Godaddy broker believes in .tv and has many himself and feels it has the potential to be one of the best extensions ever.
:blink:

Just an observation,
Jeff B-)

•••
I often wonder where Halverez is working now.....:ghost:

•••
Thanks much Jim, while I understand what you're saying ... my point is that GoDaddy - historically speaking - has been less than enthusiastic about the ".TV" and unless they can provide me more detail regarding successful prior negotiations and sales and, then, their extent with viable "End users" (something that has been traditionally hard to attain with .TV's in the aftermarket), then I personally might have to take it all with a grain of salt IMHO.

In part based upon;
:blink:

Just an observation,
Jeff B-)

Jeff,

Godaddy is on the move on getting involved in marketing top names now and in the future. They were even at the Geo Domain Conference which I did not attend. I been to about 10 domain conferences over the years and Godaddy has never been there.

Understand, I am not here to promote Godaddy but to promote .tv and Godaddy I believe will be a "major player" in it. Let's see what they do with some of my top .tv names and I will keep you posted.

Thanks, jim

•••
Understand, I am not here to promote Godaddy but to promote .tv and Godaddy I believe will be a "major player" in it. Let's see what they do with some of my top .tv names and I will keep you posted.

Thanks again Jim, I'm cautiously optimistic (re.. GoDaddy and ".TV's", IMHO) ... please keep us updated as best convenient! :gl:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Currently Godaddy does not allow .TV for its Premium Listings Service but that would be great exposure for the extension if it did. Thus far in 2010, Godaddy's Premium Listings service is my number one source of domain sales. Note Premium Listings sales don't get reported to DNJ or Namebio. One of my February Godaddy sales (CarroYa.com for $3K) I believe would have qualified for DNJ but was never reported.

•••
Alternative translation:

Jim: I just called phone support and someone who works for Godaddy really like my names!

Bill: Jim, that is great, who was it?

Jim: I can't say right now, he is in stealth mode but hint hint.....employee number 5964 he is also an executive broker. This man is VERY POWERFUL.

Bill: That’s great, he sounds high up with that big employee number, maybe he'd like to make an offer?

Jim: I suggested that but he is currently raising funds for other secret projects. So secret even his wife doesn’t know (says he hides the credit card statements). But he didn't mention any other extensions other than .tv and he agreed with everything I said, (he even agreed when I started jabbering on about my neighbours driveway looking unsightly and how my neighbour should buy my driveway.tv).

Bill: It’s great to see hear of someone who "gets it", and this guy is clearly a huge player working for Godaddy, I agree he sounds VERY POWERFUL. Being an "executive broker" he must be doing well?

Jim: Yes, he earns $1.50hr more than the executive phone staff plus he has access to free soda at work. This man has three offshore phone staff under him.

Bill: Holy cow! He sounds high up, he does sound VERY POWERFUL. Jim, I bet they broker a lot of high priced .tv's at Godaddy.

Jim: Yes, they sure do, he said there is talk amoung the phone staff of a massive hidden market for 6 and 7 figure .tv domains. Just massive, he told me I'd soon be rich!

Bill: Anyway this is all great news, things are really looking up for .tv with Godaddy employee number 5964 being interested in it.

Jim: Bill, I’m glad you agree with me. Between you, me, Godaddy employee number 5964 (VERY POWERFUL) and the rest of the .tv sub forum agreeing how could we not get rich?

Bill: Jim, can you lend me $30?, I just spent the last of of my money registering poop.tv.

Last edited:
•••
Jim: I just called phone support and someone who works for Godaddy really like my names!

Jim: I can't say right now, he is in stealth mode but hint hint.....employee number 5964 he is also an executive broker. This man is VERY POWERFUL.

Bill: That’s great, he sounds high up with that big employee number, maybe he'd like to make an offer?

Jim: I suggested that but he is currently raising funds for other secret projects. So secret even his wife doesn’t know (says he hides the credit card statements). But he didn't mention any other extensions other than .tv and he agreed with everything I said, (he even agreed when I started jabbering on about my neighbours driveway looking unsightly and how my neighbour should buy my driveway.tv).

Bill: It’s great to see hear of someone who "gets it", and this guy is clearly a huge player working for Godaddy, I agree he sounds VERY POWERFUL. Being an "executive broker" he must be doing well?

Jim: Yes, he earns $1.50hr more than the executive phone staff plus he has access to free soda at work. This man has three offshore phone staff under him.

Bill: Holy cow! He sounds high up, he does sound VERY POWERFUL. Jim, I bet they broker a lot of high priced .tv's at Godaddy.

Jim: Yes, they sure do, he said there is talk amoung the phone staff of a massive hidden market for 6 and 7 figure .tv domains. Just massive, he told me I'd soon be rich!

Bill: Anyway this is all great news, things are really looking up for .tv with Godaddy employee number 5964 being interested in it.

Jim: Bill, I’m glad you agree with me. Between you, me, Godaddy employee number 5964 (VERY POWERFUL) and the rest of the .tv sub forum agreeing how could we not get rich?

Bill: Jim, can you lend me $30?, I just spent the last of of my money registering poop.tv.

I don't post much here unless I have something to say. But if this isn't a personal attack I wonder what is...!

•••
I don't post much here unless I have something to say. But if this isn't a personal attack I wonder what is...!

...Hi,

mahesh13,

Having posted here before and "translating" Snoop's many of posts, it is just satire, nothing serious...

Sometimes it is ok to be a little humorous once in awhile and comic relief can actually hone our senses and allow us to think in different directions. I would not take that as personal as Snoop was kind enough to either read and ignore my posts or get a chuckle out of them.

Satire is timeless and I enjoyed Snoop's spin on his observations...

Have a great weekend, mahesh13!

•••
well, implying somebody is bankrupt and living on hand downs is no satire to me even if the person is really bankrupt.

•••
Jim,
Why are you posting positive news here? You need to stop adding value since it goes unappreciated. Just my two cents.

Best,
A

•••
Alternative translation:

The amount of time spent writing this garbage could have been spent doing many other productive things, it holds no constructive value.

On topic:
Godaddy calling clients who hold lots of domains or really good domains is not unusual. I would take it with a grain of salt until you make a sale or at least get an offer.

All the best!

•••
Alternative translation:

Snoop, bottom line is this:

If I gave you his name to you, you would send 100 Emails trying to sell your crapy names like SnoopIsALoser.com or DomainStateIsAFailure.com for $100K.

There is no secret here Snoop Dog, call GoDaddy yourself and ask for a premium broker. The guy I am working with, I will share with others in time as well. The only secret is they don't disclose sales.

What's a matter Snoop, did your wife line up at Perth's Navy Pier for a real man when the US carrier came in. I know the story:)

Congradulations you are the first idiot from Australia I have ever come across. Just a note: when the America's cup was in San Diego, 3 member's of the team stayed at my house and they are the greatest people in the world. I am sure they would "chew you up and spit you out" real fast.

Cheers Mate, Jim

•••
Snoop's post, whether you appreciate it or not, may have been intended to make you aware of the pitfalls in this business we all call Domaining. I am well aware that he can speak for himself and probably will do when he is ready.
Some people are naive or gullible or not experienced enough to see through the ulterior motives of unscrupulous traders at all levels of this game.
With no transparency of trading practices at Godaddy, and the conflicting interests of your exec broker, I too would be suspicious, as that type of environment is the breeding ground for people like Halverez.

•••
Snoop's post, whether you appreciate it or not, may have been intended to make you aware of the pitfalls in this business we all call Domaining. I am well aware that he can speak for himself and probably will do when he is ready.
Some people are naive or gullible or not experienced enough to see through the ulterior motives of unscrupulous traders at all levels of this game.
With no transparency of trading practices at Godaddy, and the conflicting interests of your exec broker, I too would be suspicious, as that type of environment is the breeding ground for people like Halverez.

Ammud...very likely an excellent point made...

exsedo...You seem to be the only one here that actually understandes the reasons and value behind the concept of satire. Had I had the opportunity to relay my experience like that and shared it and been "translated" in that manner by a fellow poster, I would have gotten the same kick out of it that I got when I read it.

We shouldn't wear our investments with the seriousness of an albatross around our necks, but more lightly, like a balloon or cotton candy we carry when enjoying the circus. I mean we should be serious, of course, but not take things too "religiously" and lose our grasp of what it means to enjoy this wonderful and ever blossoming extension! I am and I would hope I am not alone.

With absolutely no offense meant to all of the great members of this .tv forum here, I sincerely submit that satire is not be too deep a concept to try to understand.

After all, not only is the .tv extension NOT going away, it is ROCKING! ...and you gotta know how I feel about it from my signature!

Enjoy the experience, guys and gals, you're gonna love it!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back