IT.COM

discuss GoDaddy Auctions IS an Auctioner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
From TOS: "GoDaddy provides a venue and a transaction facilitation process. GoDaddy is not an auctioneer or an escrow agent"

This is a clever lie to avoid responsibility and legal requirements of fair and/ honest auctions.

Does anyone actually believe this claim would hold up in a class action suit? Godaddy, Enom and Snapnames provide Auction venue, set the rules of the auction, then facilitate the auction.

That my is by any definition, an auctioneer, auction house.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
"shall abide by any ICANN adopted specifications or policies prohibiting or restricting warehousing of or speculation in domain names by registrars",

I'm not a lawyer but that is TUCOWS.com business model.

•••
"shall abide by any ICANN adopted specifications or policies prohibiting or restricting warehousing of or speculation in domain names by registrars"
"Specifications or policies" that remain to be determined...

•••
"Specifications or policies" that remain to be determined...

Right. Original post is about Auction companies claiming they are not auction companies to skirt the law and responsibility.

•••
I am sure godaddy already realize about that! as long ppl doing bid war and no complaint, godaddy still making easyprofit! if I were godaddy, to be honest I will do the same! but when 5hit happen, all I have to do is delete auction, just close out! I am sure its more safe and still profitable :)

just like all of us! sometime we do dirty tricks! but when everyone knows, and make complaint! we just get out and pretend or make apology :D e.g Spamming!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back