NameLot

Godaddy disappearing PUCC.com auction?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion, started by Lord Antares, Oct 17, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Lord Antares

Lord Antares Top Contributor VIP

I was following this user auction on godaddy. It would have had about 10 hours left (estimate) by this point but it completely disappeared from auctions yesterday. I'm sure it was a user auction since it had a reserve price and had that specific user auction layout. I could see the winning bid and I could see the bidder list.

Just now I contacted their support and the agent told me this auction never existed. She said it was a make offer listing and was cancelled. She also told me that user auctions can be cancelled by the auctioneer which I don't believe.

Is there anyone who saw this auction at all? Can anyone confirm I'm not crazy? I saw it on shortnames.com.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Riz M.

Riz M. EmpireNames.com VIP Gold Account

reserve was met?? if reserve not met seller have rights to delete listing

3. Gube

Gube Coming soon Gold Account

I see puccc(.)com ending in 5 days at GD (Expired auction)
    Pucc is also showing, its GD auction ID was 345370976
    The listing was indeed "CANCELLED" and it had 16 bids/offers
    (It was a member listing)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  4. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

So test run allows a working equation. Ending auction saving domain from going cheap.

5. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

6. Gube

At $155, the reserve was met

7. Riz M.

8. Lord Antares

See I didn't know that. Support didn't help clarify as she told me it was a make offer listing (which is a lie). When I looked, reserve was NOT met so I guess you're right.

Where do you see that? When I last looked, I think the leading bid was exactly $155 but it said reserve not met. At least I think so, I'm not sure.

9. Riz M.

if reserve is met then its possible seller email godaddy and said he listed it by mistake and godaddy removed this happened to me once i listed my name without reserve even i paid for reserve price but by mistake i started auction from $20 and first bid reserve was met i contacted gd and they removed auction but here they checked that i paid 4.99 for reserve auction and started auction from $20 so it was clear mistake thats why they canceled my auction . maybe seller proved them that they listed it by mistake

10. Gube

This is from Shortnames.
    upload_2020-10-17_14-22-32.png
    The remaining information is coming from GD directly :
    upload_2020-10-17_14-23-24.png

11. Riz M.

i
    it doesnt mean reserve was met... i m sure reserve was not met.. else gd is very strict when reserve is met

12. Gube

Expired domains seem to mark it as reserve met as well

13. Lord Antares

OK that makes sense. However, this auction was at $150 and still had not met reserve. There is no mistake in this case. I wanna say that it was still under reserve at $155 (though the seller's description said the reserve price is very low) but Gube's info says otherwise.

It wasn't an expired auction. Seller had a description for the domain and all.

EDIT: Oh, you mean expireddomains.net?

Is there any way you could pull reserve status from the latter? I mean from the GD API (or whatever you're using here)

14. Gube

I don't have other records from GD directly showing the reserve had been met at 155 unfortunately, it might be worth it to monitor some of these and keep the records in case anything like what seems to have happened happens again.
    It seems shortnames doesn't report it correctly as well, but it's an API limit

15. Lord Antares

You said expired domains report this as reserve met (I just realized you were talking about the site, not domain type). What are the odds that both sites would misreport? Or do you think shortnames pulls info from expireddomains.net?

16. Gube

I think they both use the API or the CSVs/XML/JSON to get the data and it's not shown in these
    It contains a generic payload without the reserve info, here is the one for PUCC for example :
    {
    "domainName": "PUCC.COM",
    "link": "https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=345370976&isc=json_most_active",
    "auctionType": "Bid",
    "auctionEndTime": "2020-10-17T19:00:00Z",
    "price": "$155",
    "numberOfBids": 16,
    "description": "Ultra Premium Pronounceable LLLL.com Domain! Registered since 1996-03-27 Reserve price is super low. ",
    "pageviews": 0,
    "valuation": "$0",
    "isAdult": false
    }
    There is another way to retrieve the reserve status but we won't be able to use it for pucc has it's already closed

17. Gube

Actually, it worked haha.
    upload_2020-10-17_15-4-51.png
    The reserve was not met :)

18. Lord Antares

Yeah that's what I thought. Ok, that settles that then I guess.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice