Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions -- Discussion, Acquisitions, and Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I searched the forum and could not find a thread dedicated solely to Godaddy auctions, which seem to be heating up lately.

I envision this thread as a place for discussion regarding YOUR sales and acquisitions, and general discussion about the auction venue itself, and, perhaps, some domain oddities that are popping up on the auction site, for example, high-priced domains that should be regfee.

:)

One caveat, though: for your own good, PLEASE do not reveal your auction win (or anyone else's, for that matter) until the domain has landed in your account because the original owner still has the option to renew it, and I know how vexing that can be. In other words, don't count your chickens until they're hatched.

On the other hand, if you're having second thoughts about your auction win, by all means tell us all about it.

I suppose that if an auction win is high profile, it's already out there, but, still...

Anyway, I'll start with three comments:

1. I won my first (and maybe last) intentional typo, and it's getting clicks (no $ so far, though): Forwx.com. I could not find a live TM on this term, but one never knows. I have mixed feelings about this one.

2. I accidentally clicked on a BIN that I didn't want (I wanted the one above it), but I decided to honor the bid anyway. Grrr..., so be careful before hitting the submit button. It's not in my account yet, so I can't really reveal it right now.

3. Currently, there's a weird .co domain at over $9,000, with three bidders duking it out. Again, I don't want to reveal what it is, but if you go to the most active auctions, it's number 1 (as of this posting).​

Mods, I hope this thread is okay.

:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone knows it possible to change the auction end time? I started a 7 day auction and just realized the end time is set to 8am MST time..

•••
try to contact support if you can not find it

•••
Recent GoDaddy acquisitions:

True Appraisal (dot) com
National Investments (dot) com
Daily Tutorials (dot) com

•••
Does anyone knows it possible to change the auction end time? I started a 7 day auction and just realized the end time is set to 8am MST time..
You'll need to get Support.

•••
Anyone else notice that the finished auctions are no longer visible in your 'watched' list? I used to watch auctions even on names I wasn't bidding on, curious to see what they sold for. At the end of the day I'd check in and see what they all sold for. Now... as soon as an auction finishes, it's wiped from my watched list. I never see the finished prices.

Is this just a bug with my computer, or is it the same for everyone? Started happening about 2 weeks ago or so, for me.

•••
Anyone else notice that the finished auctions are no longer visible in your 'watched' list? I used to watch auctions even on names I wasn't bidding on, curious to see what they sold for. At the end of the day I'd check in and see what they all sold for. Now... as soon as an auction finishes, it's wiped from my watched list. I never see the finished prices.

Is this just a bug with my computer, or is it the same for everyone? Started happening about 2 weeks ago or so, for me.
I know that they stopped publicly reporting expired auction results about two weeks ago, it could be related.

•••
Apparently they stopped reporting auction results on the 25th, but changed their mind on the 26th and will be bring back the auction results (according to domaingang.com)

Looks like they haven't gotten around to it yet.

•••
Apparently they stopped reporting auction results on the 25th, but changed their mind on the 26th and will be bring back the auction results (according to domaingang.com)

Really? That's great news, if true. I know they started getting A LOT of backlash about the move.

•••
I hope the auction results return; this industry needs more transparency, not less.

In the U.S., when I buy or sell physical real estate, it becomes a matter of public record.

Why shouldn't it be the same with virtual property?

•••

Really? That's great news, if true. I know they started getting A LOT of backlash about the move.

isn't domaingang.com a troll site?

•••
isn't domaingang.com a troll site?
They write occasional REAL (whatever that means) stories/news. Though they may employ a garden gnome or two.

They stamp the "news" (non-satire) articles "100% True" at the end to differentiate 'em. Kind of like U.S. beef, but not quite as tasty.

•••
They write occasional REAL (whatever that means) stories/news. Though they may employ a garden gnome or two.

Ah I see, lol

•••
GoDaddy is pissing me off. They have "support" agents who don't know what the hell is up or down, especially when related to GD Auctions. Auctions is always some mysterious, mind-blowing concept and getting support for that area sometimes borders on the impossible. Crock of shit. I'm pissing in the wind, singing to the choir, flogging a dead horse. Possibly the biggest "registrar" on the interwebs and their support borders on vapor. Also apparently their "Auctions" department is some in-house, in-joke clique of party animals who are never in the office or otherwise untouchable because they are such fucking GD celebrities all in a magical world of their own.

End of rant (for now).

Last edited:
•••
What is your problem with GD Auctions support? At least they still have eMail support, unlike the Domain Control Panel Support. I usually get the answers I need, if not in the 1st reply, then the second. I find that support for specific problems for specific domains, I get the best/quickest/most accurate replies. I might agree that if you ask a problem about how their auctions work, you generally get a less than satisfactory response.

•••
What is your problem with GD Auctions support? At least they still have eMail support, unlike the Domain Control Panel Support. I usually get the answers I need, if not in the 1st reply, then the second. I find that support for specific problems for specific domains, I get the best/quickest/most accurate replies. I might agree that if you ask a problem about how their auctions work, you generally get a less than satisfactory response.

They do have email support? Well that I did not know. thanks for that info

I still think that if I can access Online Chat, the agent online should be able to address my issue, Auctions or otherwise.

•••
•••
I have just sold a name on GD auctions, is there any way I can see what country they are from like you can on Sedo?

Thanks all

•••
I have just sold a name on GD auctions, is there any way I can see what country they are from like you can on Sedo?

Thanks all
Doubt it seriously. Though depending on the sale price, transaction moves to Escrow and you should be privy to that info.

•••
Doubt it seriously. Though depending on the sale price, transaction moves to Escrow and you should be privy to that info.

Strange that they don't when others companies let you see that info?? I had an email offer on the name straight after I accepted the offer which I found too much of a coincidence and wanted to see if the offer could be from the same person?

•••
Too late now. You've accepted the offer. Nothing you can do now. We should be worrying about things we can influence. Not stuff from the past.

•••
I had a domain sale pending now. The buyer used the Domain Buy Service where they paid GD $60 to send me an offer. it is at $700 and pending payment. I called them yesterday and they even read me the emails they got from the buyer. I call that good service as they are telling me exactly what is going on and what they are doing to get payment.

•••
Hi All,

It used to be that any domain I had put on my auction watch list would remain there for a certain amount of days after the auction was completed so you go back and see what the domain's final price was.

For me at least, that is no longer the case. As soon as the auction is over the domain disappears from the watch list. I'm assuming this is the case for everyone.

Called godaddy yesterday and asked about this and the people in the auction department said that shouldn't be happening that the domains should remain on your watch list for a period of days.

Hard to believe the auction department doesn't even know this change has taken place, that is if it is an error in the system or it's a change that has been made to the way the watch list is being handled by godaddy.

Anyone's experience with this is appreciated..

Auction department said they would get back to me on what they find out after they asked me to send them an email about the situation, which I did..

Thanks

•••
Can someone comment about recent experiences with successful GoDaddy auctions? Specifically in regard to sellers, what is the process? GD states that certain transactions move to Escrow, but I don't see that happening. What is a typical waiting period for receiving funds that have cleared?

•••
Can someone comment about recent experiences with successful GoDaddy auctions? Specifically in regard to sellers, what is the process? GD states that certain transactions move to Escrow, but I don't see that happening. What is a typical waiting period for receiving funds that have cleared?
Most of the time it takes exactly 10 days from beginning to end for the money to land in your account. If the buyer uses the Godaddy Buy Service then as soon as payment is received by Godaddy then Godaddy will authorize the transfer of the domain. If the buyer uses the Buy Service and has a a GD account and the domain is pushed directly to their account then it typically takes 5 days to get paid. You can also call the GD Buy Service direct and they can verify that the domain was pushed into the account of the new buyer and reduce this time to only 2 or 3 days to complete the entire transaction.

•••
I had a domain sale pending now. The buyer used the Domain Buy Service where they paid GD $60 to send me an offer. it is at $700 and pending payment. I called them yesterday and they even read me the emails they got from the buyer. I call that good service as they are telling me exactly what is going on and what they are doing to get payment.

Got notice the domain has been paid and asked for my preference on how to get paid. Overall this wa smy first sale via the Domain Buy Service and after all is said and done I would grade it a C. Yes when I called them they gave me great info BUT I had to call them to get it. When I first got the email that there was a buyer the link they sent me did not even work. I had to do some diggin to find my "offer" Def need a domainer(s) working for the Domain Sales group as it would really help jump start some ideas to make things smooth

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back