Dynadot

question GoDaddy and Afternic Listing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Martin Andrews

Established Member
Impact
Hi all.

Just wondered, I know if you list on afternic your Domains will show if searched for on Godaddy, with pricing.

But do you also list on the cumbersome Godaddy listing process aswell, on godaddy website.

Or not bother.

Thoughts :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I don't know if this helps, but:
* I keep all my names at GD.
* I set the nameserver for all my names to Uniregistry's pure sales landers (no ads) where I neg. with potential buyers. Brokers take over after 30 days.
* I list all names at Afternic.
* I am lazy and have approx. 10% of names with pricing at Afternic. I also have approx. 10% with dns set to Afternics # 3 and #4.
* With this setup, all names that I price out are on Godaddy/Afternic "Fast Track". (Payments take 10-12 days with Afternic "Fast Track". )

Now your question: "But do you also list on the cumbersome Godaddy listing process as well, on Godaddy website."

I do not. I price thru Afternic and it is reflected thru their distribution channels.

NOTE: Uniregistry and Godaddy..unbeatable combo for me.

PM me of you need more help.

•••
I don't know if this helps, but:
* I keep all my names at GD.
* I set the nameserver for all my names to Uniregistry's pure sales landers (no ads) where I neg. with potential buyers. Brokers take over after 30 days.
* I list all names at Afternic.
* I am lazy and have approx. 10% of names with pricing at Afternic. I also have approx. 10% with dns set to Afternics # 3 and #4.
* With this setup, all names that I price out are on Godaddy/Afternic "Fast Track". (Payments take 10-12 days with Afternic "Fast Track". )

Now your question: "But do you also list on the cumbersome Godaddy listing process as well, on Godaddy website."

I do not. I price thru Afternic and it is reflected thru their distribution channels.

Hi Has2hands

Many thanks for the advice. I have a number of Domains at godaddy and paid the yearly fee to join there auction platform. Godaddy Domains are added easily to there platform but external domains, even with text file added seem to remain pending then disappear lol.

I also price through afternic so I can use there distribution service.

Edit:Think I'll try a few domains on uniregistry landers aswell. Currently mine are split between Dan and Epik.

Thanks for the clarification .

Last edited:
•••
if u list aftrnic only... u get price request from aftrnic if someone bids on gd auction

i recommend u list direct on gd. its way better ... for sending to 7 day auction if u want... and just counteroffer on gd and their postsale process i find much better than afternic.. so I always list gd direct.
gl

•••
if u list aftrnic only... u get price request from aftrnic if someone bids on gd auction

i recommend u list direct on gd. its way better ... for sending to 7 day auction if u want... and just counteroffer on gd and their postsale process i find much better than afternic.. so I always list gd direct.
gl

Thank alcy, a majority are listed there also. I'll attempt to add the external again (when I have time) :sleep::smuggrin:

•••

gl

I noticed that until after the 60 day Lock, the Buy now price will not show on Godaddy. Is it ok to add a buy now price to Godaddy aswell as Afternic.

•••

Will keep this quote in mind. There is so many strategies that people use. Suppose it is just finding the best one that suits.

And thanks for the offer of a PM if needed. Its appreciated.

•••
Looked over your names....Stick with .com names only. IMO

Hopefully you learn. Not everyone does.

•••
I am sticking to .com from now on just registered a non .com but it was free.

Com rules and most of of my non .coms I will drop if no sales.

Used to do domaining ten years ago but fell into the same trap of looking for good keywords, irrelevant of extension.

But I have sold more non .coms at present.

As they say. .com is king :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I noticed that until after the 60 day Lock, the Buy now price will not show on Godaddy. Is it ok to add a buy now price to Godaddy aswell as Afternic.

No need wait 60 day lock to show in BIN price godaddy as long as your domain not under review in afternic listing. Its show immediately . But if you only set make offer , your domain would not shown on godaddy search result, especially when buyer search a name .

Last edited:
•••
Looked over your names....Stick with .com names only. IMO

Hopefully you learn. Not everyone does.

No need wait 60 day lock to show in BIN price godaddy as long as your domain not under review in afternic listing. Its show immediately . But if you only set make offer , your domain would not shown on godaddy search result, especially when buyer search a name .

Thank paymyid

I'll check it tomorrow to see if buy now is showing.

•••
Thank paymyid

I'll check it tomorrow to see if buy now is showing.

Your domain also show on dynadot , name, networksolution and many more. For premium network would show in many top registrar in the world , especially for fast transfer network

•••
That's great. Thanks for the info. I've added buy now to all domains on afternic.

But hadtwohands is right.

Need to stick to .com

Last edited:
•••
I have some names on Afternic with make offer and they show up on GD as available to buy with the minimum offer

•••
If you want fast gd verification, take the screenshot of the domain from your registrar panel and send to gd. Tell them you couldn't verify the name using the code. They will verify it for you. No stress.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back