Dynadot

debate GoDaddy, Adding privacy after it’s removed, requires buying privacy again?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
I manage many domain names at Goaddy for more than 10 years but it's the first time I use their whois privacy service.Whois privacy is a paid service at GD and I ordered the privacy for some of my domain names and the privacy are enabled. Today I decided to disable the privacy for one of my domain names, I thought I can disable the privacy anytime and I'm able to re-enable it anytime (like all other registries I have used) . But I found that there's an alert message when I trying to remove the privacy.

'Are you sure? Your personal information will be visible to the public. Note: Adding privacy after it’s removed, requires buying privacy again.'

I have paid 5 years privacy fee for this domain name. If I disable the privacy now then I would need to pay for the privacy again when I decide to put on privacy later? and I lost 5 years privacy fee?

privacy.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy's privacy "partner", Domains by Proxy protects you from ...
godaddy.com/domains/full-domain-privacy-and-protection

---

domainsbyproxy.com/faq.aspx

Managing Your Private Domain Names – “How Do I…”
…cancel private registration for a domain name?
(!) Canceling DBP does not entitle you to either a full or partial refund.

Eligibility, Expiration & Refunds
How do I receive a refund from Domains By Proxy?
(!) Fees charged by your Registrar on behalf of DBP are completely non-refundable. In addition, refunds are not available in the event your privacy service is canceled, either by you or DBP.

Last edited:
•••
I manage many domain names at Goaddy for more than 10 years but it's the first time I use their whois privacy service.Whois privacy is a paid service at GD and I ordered the privacy for some of my domain names and the privacy are enabled. Today I decided to disable the privacy for one of my domain names, I thought I can disable the privacy anytime and I'm able to re-enable it anytime (like all other registries I have used) . But I found that there's an alert message when I trying to remove the privacy.

'Are you sure? Your personal information will be visible to the public. Note: Adding privacy after it’s removed, requires buying privacy again.'

I have paid 5 years privacy fee for this domain name. If I disable the privacy now then I would need to pay for the privacy again when I decide to put on privacy later? and I lost 5 years privacy fee?

Show attachment 123675

@Joe Styler

•••
Yes you do need to pay again. If you have a rep they can help you with this. If not let me know. If you have already paid normally we will figure out a way to make it right by giving you free privacy when you enable it or giving you a refund on the remaining time so you can buy it again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back