IT.COM

domains GoDaddy acquiring Uniregistry's registrar & marketplace, and Name Administration's domain portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The first blockbuster deal of the decade. GoDaddy Inc. (NYSE: GDDY), the company that empowers everyday entrepreneurs, today announced it is acquiring Uniregistry's leading domain registrar and marketplace businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close sometime in Q2 2020. The Uniregistry domain registry is not part of the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol i would have bought Sav :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well Godaddy has bought a lot of portfolios, but this one has a lot of 4L, and good two keyword .com’s. If you take what was paid on Berkens deal, and add 35% to it on a per name basis

You would be at about quarter or a billion dollars.

•••
@SuperBrander

same here.. never liked unieg either.. i guess the only good thing bout so mny extensions is yuou can use their bulk search tool as golden standard reference tool to check how many tlds a name is taken in. ;)

on a more serious note.. if I had 0 sales on unireg in 5 years... and during same time basically bulk of all my sales on those same names on godaddy... will i now have after this merger have:

1- more or less status quo
2- more sales on unireg
3- more sales on gd
4- less sales on gd
5- less slaes on unireg (kidding)

plz vote ;)

Last edited:
•••
I think since GoDaddy is a public company when the deal is complete investors will have to be told the price and other considerations. I agree it has to be huge.

It will come out in the earning report in July - August for Q2 I would imagine.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of us moved our domains out of Uniregistry because of the massive price change. This must have hurt them so they had to sell out.. :facepalm:

•••
GoDaddy may want to rise prices for domains in their existing and acquired portfolios due to monopoly. And this may be positive for domainers.

They are going to do the opposite with the Uniregistry portfolio. As what happened with the Michael Berkens portfolio, now in NameFind bargain store.

And this is not good for domainers. With NameFind and HugeDomains dictating the prices because of their millions of domain names.

And by the way, good bye to the Uniregistry Domain weekly sales report.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of us moved our domains out of Uniregistry because of the massive price change. This must have hurt them so they had to sell out.. :facepalm:

up to +3000%. Backlash still felt to this day.
Thankfully, i was never affected, (stay .com)

Samer

•••
I will be moving my domains for sure. Starting tonight.
I have a good number of my domain names with Uniregistry (and none with GoDaddy, my account there is empty). I am also asking myself questions, but I would first wait for additional information, before starting to move domain names elsewhere. It depends very much how far the integration with GoDaddy will go.
However, I would be curious to know what you would consider as the best replacement for Uniregistry, considering the options they offer?

•••
GoDaddy is not rebranding. Please.

They have spent way too much money on that branding over the years.
They are the only well known domain company out there.

Brad

Of course they are not rebranding, they are the domain industry.

•••
Will Godaddy continue to honor Uni DNA price
not paying anoth discount club or $10.88 again

though I dont have much names at Uni tbh.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Well Godaddy has bought a lot of portfolios, but this one has a lot of 4L, and good two keyword .com’s. If you take what was paid on Berkens deal, and add 35% to it on a per name basis

You would be at about quarter or a billion dollars.

Can we browse these portfolios now to have a look at the names quality? (Frank's and Mike's)

Last edited:
•••
This deal did not include new extensions. The Berkens deal did not include his nTLDs. GoDaddy is really only interested in legacy extensions for resale.

The fact they have access to all the data, and that is the case, is telling.

Brad

•••
Now if only Godaddy will replace their horrible control panel with Uni's....

•••
•••
Can we browse these portfolios now to have a look at the names quality?

my-spaces.org - NameFind
i have myspaces.org

ps Frank's portfolio are really amazing. He regd the best dot coms of the world.

•••
All your base are belong to unidaddy!
(it sure is alot of data)

•••
Can we browse these portfolios now to have a look at the names quality? (Frank's and Mike's)
Name Admin’s portfolio is pretty public, and Berkens portfolio is now integrated into NameFind.

You don’t want to compare over 400K names, just ask anyone who bids on namejet, Uni spent a lot money there and constantly acquired a lot of good names on a daily basis.

•••
•••
Now if only Godaddy will replace their horrible control panel with Uni's....

to me its case of 2 bad ui... and personally out of those 2 bad ones.. I still opt for GD.

but imo this may be one of those deals where for looooong time the outside world will see zero changes... while some internal ones, and then eventually external too, may be going on.

•••
BIG QUESTION: Does this now mean that if a unireg domain expires we can get it via a Godaddy auction starting at $12????

•••
There is no detail information yet as the deal is not closed until June 2020.
No one knows anything yet. All is just speculations.
This thread will be very long with all the professional psychics here.

•••
•••
•••
There is no detail information yet as the deal is not closed until June 2020.
No one knows anything yet. All is just speculations.
This thread will be very long with all the professional psychics here.

well i got an email which says "GoDaddy announces its acquisition of Uni Registrar, Marketplace, and Portfolio."

there aren't that many ways to understnd this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back