NameLot

Godaddy Account Push Option Now Requesting Email Confirmations From All Parties???

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by wwwweb, Mar 22, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. usernamex

usernamex Top Contributor VIP

Thanks @creataweb - you did change contact with push correct? And were you pusher or pushee? LOL

There is a tiny detail I found which could be the source of the issue.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822
    If you know the recipient's customer number, select I have... and then enter the account login information. The email address entered must be the same email used for the shopper account contact email, not the domain administrator email.

So that makes me curious, what is my "shopper account contact email" and IF that does NOT match what GD is expecting, could that be the reason for the failure? That would help explain why it is working for some people and not for others. Hmm . . .

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I think I did it that way. I pushed it to someone else. I am not a GD fan and these were names I had pushed to me awhile back. The rest are being transferred out because their UI is horrible and the support is slow and :poop: lol

3. Thirwell Castle

Thirwell Castle Established Member

Hi guys, if I initiate the transfer but click the do not change option will that go through without stress especially when dealing with buyers who don't like anything techy?

4. Thirwell Castle

is there an easy way to do this without frustrating the buyer?

5. usernamex

Yes @Thirwell Castle the problem with push without change is then you have to make sure you can trust the buyer to change the info after the push is complete, which is unlikely

6. usernamex

The only way I know is set up a brand new account, push the domain yourself, change the contact info and hand the entire account over to the buyer, who can then figure out how to push to themselves to their existting account, or they can ask customer support to merge their accounts.

7. Kenny

Kenny Top Contributor VIP Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

^^^^^ This ^^^^^​

Peace,
    Cyberian

8. Thirwell Castle

Alright, seems this is better.
    Thanks.

9. usernamex

@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

What is the "shopper email address" ? It's worded like that all over GD help. If that is what is causing all the problems with change of owner with push, I would gladly update. I use coded email addresses for different purposes so I can easily imagine my shopper email does not match my whois email.

See top of page for my hypothesis
    https://www.namepros.com/posts/6404248/

10. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

shopper email is the email on your account not the whois.

11. usernamex

Thanks for the quick reply @Joe Styler

OK well then my theory might be true. The email under "My Profile" is NOT the same as the email in my "Domain Registration Defaults" so if someone is attempting to push a domain to me, the shopper email is not equal to the default profile email, thus it is failing. Although it would be more helpful if I got a notice at either or both email addresses so that I could fix it, instead of nothing.

Will update my account and see about doing a test push.

12. dr manos

dr manos Upgraded Member Gold Account

Gaining party approves the account change, also can opt out the transfer lock of 60 days there

My major problem is that godaddy at 2017 has no option to automatically put the whois contact details that are default to account and every time need to enter by hand.

Also after account change if previous owner has listed the name at tdnam, can bot be listed by new owner, generally paleolithic system and need to contact support again and again

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  13. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

It's honestly easier to transfer to another registrar and transfer it back to GoDaddy than to push domains between 2 GoDaddy Accounts. Think about that :)

14. thedotsol

thedotsol TheDotSolutions.com

And it's cheaper too.

15. Joe Styler

Joe Styler Aftermarket Product Manager GoDaddy Staff Afternic Staff PRO VIP

The change process was redone after feedback from here and other places to make it easier, so it was harder at one point in the past and it is working pretty smoothly overall now with the updates. The help center has some articles that explain any of the needed steps, but most are intuitive. https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822?

16. stub

stub DNStore.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Luckily I don't have many pushes to or from my GD account any more. But GD have now forced this system onto transfers into GoDaddy also. Well at least for my last transfer in :)

17. jk23

jk23 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I am having this same issue - several months later. I have contacted GoDaddy customer support via chat. They couldn't help me there. I have had to call in twice, and they still weren't able to resolve the problem. A domain account change should not be this complicated.

Thanks GoDaddy!

18. offthehandle

offthehandle . VIP

There are transfer problems, I wrote in another post about whois info after privacy removed, does not auto populate. GD manually did it for me on their end and took 3 days to get auth code. The human interface software needs serious attention, not smooth and 4 hours invested for now 4 transfers. However, I must say they have great customer reps to talk to 24 hrs a day and everybody tries to help but the bottom line is software issues everywhere. I have seen so many bugs elsewhere in various screens using it.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice