Dynadot

GoDaddy Account Push Option Now Requesting Email Confirmations From All Parties???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone come across a push, and from taking 1 minute, it now takes however long it takes for all parties to confirm email confirmations.

First it will send an email asking you to confirm the account change then it will ask the other party to confirm the account change, then once confirmed it will go back into pending update, and start the push process? At which point the incoming account party has to manually accept the account push.

Updates have been submitted and can take up to 5 days to display.

I got like 5 emails over the course of a single push.

It was a real pain, the newbie experience will not be fun, Anyone come across this yet?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last night, I did my first push since this new policy went into effect. I was prepared for the worst but it went quite smoothly.

I was pushing two names to another NP member. A couple minutes after I initiated the account change, I got this e-mail asking me to approve the contact changes:

contact change.png

I clicked that button and said Yes I approve these changes.

Then, I think the recipient maybe got a similar e-mail and had to do the same thing? I'm not sure. Or maybe he was able to just go straight into his Pending Incoming Account Changes and approve it.

But, within about 5 minutes of me initiating the push, the names were in his possession and had his contact info on them.

It's an extra step or two, so it's creating lots more opportunity for people to miss necessary steps to get the push done, but I don't understand why some of you are getting stuck in pending status for hours at a time. Is that because someone on the other end is missing a step to approve on their end?

•••
Last night, I did my first push since this new policy went into effect. I was prepared for the worst but it went quite smoothly.

I was pushing two names to another NP member. A couple minutes after I initiated the account change, I got this e-mail asking me to approve the contact changes:

Show attachment 53147

I clicked that button and said Yes I approve these changes.

Then, I think the recipient maybe got a similar e-mail and had to do the same thing? I'm not sure. Or maybe he was able to just go straight into his Pending Incoming Account Changes and approve it.

But, within about 5 minutes of me initiating the push, the names were in his possession and had his contact info on them.

It's an extra step or two, so it's creating lots more opportunity for people to miss necessary steps to get the push done, but I don't understand why some of you are getting stuck in pending status for hours at a time. Is that because someone on the other end is missing a step to approve on their end?
Ditto, Nat. Had a GD/escrow deal go down last night and it went just as you described. Buyer got the email, he received the domain fairly quickly then he marked it as received at escrow. Went pretty smooth on my end except for the one extra email click.

•••
I feel your pain on this and I can tell you we are taking this very seriously as a company. It is being actively discussed so we can make sure the customer experience is better. I will follow up when I have some more info. I just wanted to let you know we are working on this.

•••
I initiated a transfer earlier today.

I received (2) emails. One to my WHOIS email and one to my account email.
I assume the new WHOIS received one as well.

I am not sure if I need to confirm one or both on my end. I am also not sure if there is any way to see if the buyer has confirmed.

I ran into issues just updating my own WHOIS @ GoDaddy, now this is bleeding over to pushes as well.

I have to say the way this new ICANNN policy has been implemented isn't very convenient or efficient. Other registrars I use have implemented the changes in a more intuitive manner. Enom for instance acts as a “designated agent” which prevents a lot of this nonsense.

What happens after both parties confirm the WHOIS changes, especially since I have DTVS on my account? Are the whois changes made only after the push is completed?

Brad

•••
So it turns out that the new system does not work with DTVS. I was told they are working to resolve this, but it the meantime it has caused me to wait for the domain to be removed from "Pending Update" so I can restart the transfer.

New WHOIS confirmation emails will be generated and need to be confirmed again.

This is a real pain in the @ss.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
So it turns out that the new system does not work with DTVS. I was told they are working to resolve this, but it the meantime it has caused me to wait for the domain to be removed from "Pending Update" so I can restart the transfer.

New WHOIS confirmation emails will be generated and need to be confirmed again.

There is a real pain in the @ss.

Brad

It did not work for me either with my DTVS. Took 72 hours for them to be able to restart the push. It was a huge pain.

•••
What used to take 5 minutes to accomplish now takes 5 days? Really GoDaddy??? I bought a GoDaddy push last night and then proceeded to check my account 25 times between last night and today, waiting for it to show in my "transfers in" section, but it has not arrived yet. It's really poor customer service when they make changes like this without notifying people trying to conduct business using their site!

•••
I just pushed a name to someone about 10 minutes ago and it went through without me needing to approve contact changes at all.

Maybe they just reverted the system back to its prior state.

•••
We have rolled back the change until we can get a smoother process out for everyone. So for now it will act like it did before the change, and when we roll out the ICANN process again we will make it smoother for everyone. Thanks for the feedback on here.

•••
I just pushed a name to someone about 10 minutes ago and it went through without me needing to approve contact changes at all.

Maybe they just reverted the system back to its prior state.
We did.

•••

Last edited:
•••
We have rolled back the change until we can get a smoother process out for everyone. So for now it will act like it did before the change, and when we roll out the ICANN process again we will make it smoother for everyone. Thanks for the feedback on here.
Thanks Joe, for taking the time to hear us all out, glad to see Godaddy is working on getting it right before moving forward. Win Win for all.

•••
So now I've got a name which I initiated push on a couple hours before they reverted back. It's in Pending Update. It doesn't show in my Outgoing Account Changes. I guess I can't cancel the push at this point and re-initiate under the less restrictive phase.

•••
Given request is invalid. If you feel this is incorrect please try again.

I get this load of crap message following multiple attempts to validate Whois changes on a newly pushed domain. What gives?

In addition, GoDaddy has chosen to fully switch up the individual domain settings panel. No more can you easily view a domain's AutoRenew (On/Off) settings as previously. Right, thanks for that. The user experience is going downhill FAST.

•••
You can add or remove things on your domain view so that its showing what you want to see. If you are trying to update the whois on a new domain it may be an expired link or the person who moved it to you selected something that is resulting in some problems for you. You can contact support and they will help you out with the WHOIS.

To edit the domain manager column https://www.godaddy.com/help/customizing-domain-name-grid-columns-3679

•••
Just had a "push" sale 5 minutes ago and this aggravating Go Daddy procedure came back :(
Anyone come across a push, and from taking 1 minute, it now takes however long it takes for all parties to confirm email confirmations.

First it will send an email asking you to confirm the account change then it will ask the other party to confirm the account change, then once confirmed it will go back into pending update, and start the push process? At which point the incoming account party has to manually accept the account push.

Updates have been submitted and can take up to 5 days to display.

I got like 5 emails over the course of a single push.

It was a real pain, the newbie experience will not be fun, Anyone come across this yet?

Last edited:
•••
Just had a "push" sale 5 minutes ago and this aggravating Go Daddy procedure came back :(
As much as I hate clicking links in emails, this is probably the simplest way of dealing with this nuisance/nonsense.

•••
We re-implemented it late Friday Night. We needed to get it back in place to be compliant with ICANN. The new process should work like this, you move the domain to me via a change of account you need to verify the change via an email sent to the registrant on the Whois, once you agree as the registrant by clicking the link in the email the domain will move to my account, I will accept the change and also click the email sent to my registrant contact on the WHOIS to gain final ownership of the domain.

•••
We re-implemented it late Friday Night. We needed to get it back in place to be compliant with ICANN. The new process should work like this, you move the domain to me via a change of account you need to verify the change via an email sent to the registrant on the Whois, once you agree as the registrant by clicking the link in the email the domain will move to my account, I will accept the change and also click the email sent to my registrant contact on the WHOIS to gain final ownership of the domain.
The second last step of getting the buying party to click the email is not necessary, if they have to log into godaddy, and accept the account change thru the platform agian, it is a essentially the same step.

I can understand the person pushing the domain clicking an email confirmation, but getting the otherside to confirm an email, and then log in, and accept the account change is just to complicated.

•••

Does it now work with DTVS as well?

Brad

•••

ICANN's new policy is an issue, but the truth is ICANN can only be blamed so much.
A bigger issue is how GoDaddy has chosen to implement this policy.

There are multiple ways a change can be confirmed under this policy outside automated email confirmation - https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Emails, phone calls, sms, and postal mail are acceptable "secure mechanisms" under the policy.

There are also opt outs in the policy that registrars like Enom have implemented to act as the "designated agent" that makes the process far less cumbersome.

GoDaddy is making the process overly complex.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
The second last step of getting the buying party to click the email is not necessary, if they have to log into godaddy, and accept the account change thru the platform agian, it is a essentially the same step.

I can understand the person pushing the domain clicking an email confirmation, but getting the otherside to confirm an email, and then log in, and accept the account change is just to complicated.
This is how ICANN wants it done, or you can get a phone call etc but they need the registrant to ok it separate from the account, it needs to be validated based on the WHOIS info.

•••
•••
ICANN's new policy is an issue, but the truth is ICANN can only be blamed so much.
A bigger issue is how GoDaddy has chosen to implement this policy.

There are multiple ways a change can be confirmed under this policy outside automated email confirmation - https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Emails, phone calls, sms, and postal mail are acceptable "secure mechanisms" under the policy.

There are also opt outs in the policy that registrars like Enom have implemented to act as the "designated agent" that makes the process far less cumbersome.

GoDaddy is making the process overly complex.

Brad
Yes we can email you , call you, send a text, or send you a letter but they all have to be done to the registrant on record on the WHOIS. We allow people to opt out for aftermarket transactions as a designated agent, however we are not allowing every single transaction to be opted out we do not feel that is in keeping with the ICANN requirement. If everyone is opted out then what is the point of the verification policy? I won't comment on how others are implementing this, we are doing what we can to abide by the policy in as customer friendly a way as possible.

•••
Yes, its aggravating..
I starting adding the following dialogue after I do a GD push....You may want to use it or something similiar....

The domain has been pushed (moved) to your Go Daddy account. You must now ACCEPT the domain according to Go Daddy's revised procedures..

This procedure applies to both of us. You and I have just received emails from Go Daddy asking us to confirm the account change and "contact information" for this domain. I just confirmed it on my end and you must do the same now. If either one of us does not follow through on this "confirmation" procedure the push of the domain will be blocked via a continuous "pending update". Once Go Daddy receives both our confirmations, the domain will start to "change accounts"..

Finally, you must log back into your Go Daddy account. The domain will appear in your " pending account change - incoming" area. There you will manually ACCEPT the domain.

And that's it........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back