Dynadot

question GoDaddy 60-day lock domain. Can I sell it on Sedo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello!

I have registered a domain name on Godaddy registrar a few days ago! This domain has a 60-day lock and can't be transferred to another registrar! But if I list it on Sedo marketplace with added DNS TXT on the registrar and if this domain will be sold on Sedo is it possible to transfer it to the buyer? Or I need to wait 60 day period?

Thank you, friends!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can ask the buyer to create an account with the current registry key then you can push to his account.

•••
Yes, you can still sell it. After it’s sold, you push it to Sedo’s GoDaddy account and Sedo pushes it to the new owner.

•••
Thank you very much, friends:xf.wink:!!!

•••
^ That is assuming they want to keep the domain at GoDaddy, and not transfer it to their preferred registrar.

•••
•••
Two scenarios here:

1) Using Sedo in escrow mode for an existing buyer. Definitely yes. I'd recommend to inform the transfer agent about 60 days lock though, as this would prevent default (semi-automated) domain delivery attempt (via authcode), as Sedo may still ask the buyer to intitate the transfer at their preferred registrar.

2) Listing the domain with 60 days lock on Sedo. Be careful. Sedo will still distribute the listing to external registrars (SedoMLS - 1and1, NetSol, registercom, etc). The domain will be shown on external registrars as available/premium one with either BIN price or makeoffer form. The buyer who dealt with lets say NetSol, and Netsol acting as the selling registrar, will naturally expect authcode and successful registrar transfer (should the domain be sold using MLS channel).

Both cases apply to initial after-reg 60 days lock and to after-transfer 60 days lock (if the domain was transferred to its current registtrar within the last 60 days). In 2nd case, registrars may still allow the transfer to happen if it is com/net domain and if the registrar so agrees.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back