Dynadot

question How to sell during 60 days registrar lock?

NameSilo
Watch

Excalibur Domains

Established Member
Impact
Hello Pros,

How do you sell a domain that has been hand-regged recently? Do you wait for 60 days for the registrar lock to be removed before listing it on any of the marketplaces?

I read from one of the threads that the lock can be removed for expired regs by contacting the registrar but for hand regs it cannot. But I have also seen some folks selling domains within days of hand registration..

So is it a good idea to list the domain for sale before 60 days? If yes, what should be done if the sale happens during the lock period and the domain needs to be transferred to a different registrar?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi! I have only sold a few names but Sedo took care of it for me. I just transferred, "pushed" the name to their account on my registrar and they pushed to the customer. I was really scared about the 60 day sale thing too, but it wasn't an issue.

•••
Thanks @HalfDollar .. Hoping its the same with other popular marketplaces.. :)

•••
The buyer has to have an account with the registrar if you want to sell within 60 days.
It simply cannot be transferred out.

Usually marketplace like DAN will make you push to an account owned by DAN or they will help the buyer open an account, but it won't be transferred out to another registrar

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back