Dynadot

discuss 60 day transfer lock.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cooldomainideas

Established Member
Impact
Wish i found out about this earlier. Does this mean that newly registered domains have to be held for 60 days? If not, does the 60 day rule apply only for moving from one registrar to another (godaddy to sedo), and is it not applicable to to same domain transfer. (godaddy to godaddy)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • There is indeed a 60-day transfer limit

•••
  • There is indeed a 60-day transfer limit
That is quite a game changer indeed. Time to make use of one of these domains and change my name to wordpressdeveloper1000 !

•••
i hate it too, man.

it’s for “safety.”

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Searchbox.
Tons of such threads.

•••
If not, does the 60 day rule apply only for moving from one registrar to another (godaddy to sedo), and is it not applicable to to same domain transfer. (godaddy to godaddy)
If I understand your question, you can do a push from one owner to another at almost all registrars within the lock period. Similarly you can generally sell in that registrar's marketplace, since the transfer on sale is in essence a push within accounts at that registrar.

The transfer restriction applies when you are using the auth code to transfer the domain name to a new registrar.

Bob

(by the way, in your example, Sedo is a marketplace, but not a registrar, to my knowledge).

Last edited:
•••
You can opt out.
You can't opt out of the 60 transfer lock on new registrations.

As Bob correctly wrote, you should be able to do an account change at the registrar within the first 60 days, but the domain name can not be transferred to a different registrar during the initial 60 day lock period.

•••
Depends on Registry (lack of serverTransferProhibited status)...
And if no barrier by the losing registrar, and the gaining registrar is able to initiate such transfer within first 60 days.
For example, I didn't have any problems to transfer-out ~40 days old Donuts TLDs from 1and1 to LogicBoxes registrars.

Last edited:
•••
If I understand your question, you can do a push from one owner to another at almost all registrars within the lock period. Similarly you can generally sell in that registrar's marketplace, since the transfer on sale is in essence a push within accounts at that registrar.

The transfer restriction applies when you are using the auth code to transfer the domain name to a new registrar.

Bob

(by the way, in your example, Sedo is a marketplace, but not a registrar, to my knowledge).

Thank you. Exactly the question I was looking for.

•••
Always check the support when in doubt.

•••
Always check the support when in doubt.
I did. But it wasn't until I made this thread that I learned the terminology of pushing from 1 owner to another between registrars.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back